View Single Post
Old 4th October 2015, 22:11

morris is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I'm not going to dive straight in and start moving the engine around (there are too many things tightly fitted around it) but just feel that I should have followed my gut instinct back at the start of the build and made the engine fit in straight so this kind of thing wouldn't be on the cards. I'm planning an engine swap/stroker rebuild so that will be the time to make these kinds of alterations.

It wouldn't be the first time (by a long shot) that I've over thought a problem and won't be the last.

I know most vibration issues come down to wheel balance and then can be exacerbated by suspension play or worn bearings (both of which are new all round). Vibration always comes down to a rotating component in the end and as the wheels have the largest radius, they're the obvious first choice culprit. The suspect wheel is in the boot of my car ready to get it looked at tomorrow and hopefully that will sort it out.

I've spent a fortune over the years chasing down vibration issues on cars and it's always been balance or not putting my hand deep enough in my pocket when buying tyres in the first place. I never buy anything but premium tyres these days as you end up wasting money on inferior products and subsequent trouble shooting otherwise.

I did think about putting the car up on stands and running it at about 2500rpm in 5th which would be roughly the speed the issue occurs at. I'm always slightly scared of that though but it will be my next port of call if the wheels don't solve the problem.