View Single Post
Old 15th October 2014, 13:22

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Nothing To See Here...
I guess I hadn't fully appreciated just what a great run of weather I had been enjoying.

As I face yet another day of rain (or the imminent threat of it), my build has ground to a halt.

However, I did manage to speak to someone in the DVLA today about my V5C change application.
( As I wanted to check all the paperwork had arrived and that everything was in order. )

Unfortunately my named contact was not in, but someone else looked my case up on the system.

By chance a letter was sent out yesterday, which I hope will arrive here tomorrow.

The good news is that it appears that my case for changing the V5C has been accepted.

The bad news is that it appears the changes will not be processed until I have paid the relevant vehicle licence fee.

This is the bit I will have to see and read for myself as unfortunately I can't get any car tax without an MOT.

Clearly loads of other builders have managed to get the V5C sorted out before their cars were on the road.
( I've just gone back to check Mr T's build and there was almost 10 months from his VOSA inspection to MOT. )

So if the person I spoke to has read the letter correctly I will be writing back to the DVLA very quickly.

But keeping my glass half full at the moment, it does look like my suggested new model name is OK.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Other news is that, after a few delays, I finally got my hearing aids fitted yesterday.

So I now I need to build up my hours of wearing them and get used to having something shoved into my ear.

Until next time, take care, Paul.