Thread: Throttle pedal
View Single Post
Old 20th June 2016, 21:07
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcramsay View Post
Has any one tried redesigning the marlin throttle pedal? I am not really keen on the way it mounts on the pedal box... Basically a bolt going through the pivot point in the pedal, my pedal is a really sloppy fit it pedal has been drilled to 12mm but the bolt is m10, meaning the pedal rocks side to side. Then you have the issue of if you tighten the securing bolt too much the pedal then binds...

I have thought about adding a needle bearing thrust washer either side of the pedal pivot point, one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/161113406154

This would allow you to clamp up the pedal assembly to stop any lateral movement but still allow it to operate without binding. I have purchased some 10mm ID x24mm OD x 2mm thickness of the above bearings just to see it it will work...

Annoyingly the mounting bolt is welded onto the pedal box and will be too short with the extra 4mm , so I will have to try to grind the bolt out with the pedal box in situ....
We have all had the same problem - I made all new pedals with 10mm ID needle roller bearings, and welded cut to length 10mm bar in to a 10mm head and thread to make a true 10mm spindle for a perfect fit
I then added a second pedal box support for both the accelerator and clutch pedals to turn the crappy cantilever supports into a stable 2 point pivots; this had the dual benfit of smoother movement, and eliminating lateral movement.