Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 25th November 2012, 15:14

Cat7 is on a distinguished road
Default Interior trimming

For anyone that is interested I found this ebay seller from the states that sells the diamond pattern quilted vinyl.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1808794292...84.m1423.l2649

It is something that I intend to trim the interior with as it matches some of the original 250's

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?num=1...9,r:4,s:0,i:97

Nev
Available from eBay
Old 25th November 2012, 16:00

seanick is on a distinguished road

Wow, that is bling-tastic! For my taste it looks a bit busy. I have bought a roll of foam backed vinyl, and plan to just sew in the diamond to the most visible areas. Interesting to see the wadding on the back. Looks like an eiderdown quilt!!
I have some pics of the green one, Stirlings number 15. The interior is sprayed gold!
Old 25th November 2012, 21:09

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road

I like it Nev, not a bad price and a quick fix for the interior
Old 28th November 2012, 20:59

sybez is on a distinguished road

Hi, quick question.

Anyone got any photos of the interior of the cabin with the coupe all fitted? The area where the top meets the windscreen/a pillar if possible, I'd like to see how tidy it is...
Also, whats the stock finish like on the inside of the roof? Is a formed/smooth version available?

Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 21:39

Hi Sybez, and welcome to the forum.
The interior of the bodyshell is all the same, that is, hand laid grp.
It quite easy to lay up some more grp using the actual roof as a mold. Chris of Tribute has offered this if required though. If you have a look at my thread you will get the idea.
I hope to fit my shell by the weekend with the headlining in so will have some pics by then. I am using 5mm foam backed headlining which will be glued to the inner lining. Hope to have a neat join, but will see how it works out!
Old 28th November 2012, 22:10

sybez is on a distinguished road

Hi Nick, yes I read your build. Your attention to detail is fantastic and will really set the car off. Grab some pics of what you've done to the inside skin before you fit the roof shell please!

I was just concerned how tidy the area where the "cage/roll bar" fits when the door is open...? I assume you don't have to fit the Tribute item and could use any MX5 rollbar or full cage? Or are the 2 A Pillar connections aiding rigidity to stop the top cracking along the screen line join?

Anyway mega impressed with the overall kit. What you have done with the boot gutter and filler is genius! Did you consider cutting away the OE section of rear end that now sits in the middle of the boot? Would that weak the chassis?

Sorry for all the Q's, maybe more valid in your build thread. Looking forward to your updates....

Last edited by sybez; 28th November 2012 at 22:14..
Old 28th November 2012, 22:28

Thank you, glad you like it! You are right, the frame stiffens the windscreen and helps prevent the joint cracking. It should stiffen the whole car too, and provide protection when you roll it!
The tube is quite high up in the roof and you cannot see it when the door is open, unless you look up.
If you just say what you want pics of, I will oblige. The pics arnt great as its always dark when I take them!