Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Bodywork

Bodywork Share your thoughts, problems and ideas about bodywork related issues

Old 16th October 2003, 20:23
Kit Car Dreamer

rob is on a distinguished road
Default banham x21

has anyone out there built one of these? if so how the h**l did you hinge the boot? any help would be appreciated
cheers
Available from eBay
Old 16th October 2003, 21:05
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Rob, theres a builder feedback on the X21, have you tried e-mailing the builder. A link to the builders e-mail address is shown if you click on the builders name.

Cheers, John

Madabout-kitcars.com
Old 1st June 2008, 15:42
Kit Car Dreamer

little1uk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG View Post
Rob, theres a builder feedback on the X21, have you tried e-mailing the builder. A link to the builders e-mail address is shown if you click on the builders name.

Cheers, John

Madabout-kitcars.com
Wheres the ''builder feedback'' section, trawled thro the forum and cant find it
Old 1st June 2008, 22:42
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Here you go...........

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/kitc...k_table.php?68

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/kitc...details.php?68

Peter
Old 29th April 2011, 08:14

Mactec is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
has anyone out there built one of these? if so how the h**l did you hinge the boot? any help would be appreciated
cheers
I'm building one. I'm finding that the body does not goes together as you would think. Really bad finnish doors and roof don't fit.
Email me and I'll sent you my number.
mmmacro@aol.com
Old 2nd May 2011, 01:16

PaulC is on a distinguished road

Many moons ago I bought a completed X99 out of sheer bloody mindedness. Someone challenged me to make it perform and I took the bait. Eventually got 130+bhp out of the 1.4 engine and ended up selling it to a museum in the US.

Which is all irrelevant I know BUT I did speak to one of the companies who built it (the original owner moved it around) and was told that the quality of the mouldings was so bad they'd had to cut the doors in half and rebuild them to make them fit.

No wonder there are so many unfinished Banhams up for sale. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
Old 23rd April 2012, 20:34

mark gibbens is on a distinguished road
Default i beg youre pardon

hi,just thought id pipe up in defence of the banham,im building a speedster, its my first kit car build, im actually in the crash repair buisness,and was quite surprised at the at the quality of the finish,obviously it needs work to get to the painting stage, but the door gaps are good,and the overall finish good,im sticking a 18oo cc vvc lump in mine,and its quite surprising the amount of uprated bits and bobs you can buy to make the car a right little racer,so long live the banham
Old 15th October 2013, 11:08

luongtho is on a distinguished road

Hello Everey body, i'm newbie

cho thue xe Fortuner
Old 23rd October 2013, 10:46

batbuilder is on a distinguished road

I built a Banham BAT a few years ago. On the old X21.com site there used to be load of tips on overcoming the boot hinge and door problems on the X21. But that site has long since gone.

Boot hinge - either have exposed hinges ( I think morris minor boot hinges or similar) or more modern internal hinges I think from a BMW 3 series.

Doors - The Banham doors do not fit. There were two ways of recifying this either, lots of Chopped strand matting and bodyfiller and shape to suit

OR cut the door skin off the internal banham moulded bit and use the modified original metro doors to profile the skin to a more realistic fit. The door hinges also require modification to get a good opening. I did a "how to" word document of how i did the BAT doors PM me if you want a copy.
Old 4th July 2014, 17:57

blueface is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by batbuilder View Post
I built a Banham BAT a few years ago. On the old X21.com site there used to be load of tips on overcoming the boot hinge and door problems on the X21. But that site has long since gone.

Boot hinge - either have exposed hinges ( I think morris minor boot hinges or similar) or more modern internal hinges I think from a BMW 3 series.

Doors - The Banham doors do not fit. There were two ways of recifying this either, lots of Chopped strand matting and bodyfiller and shape to suit

OR cut the door skin off the internal banham moulded bit and use the modified original metro doors to profile the skin to a more realistic fit. The door hinges also require modification to get a good opening. I did a "how to" word document of how i did the BAT doors PM me if you want a copy.
All good advice. I had a X99 a number of years ago and just had external hinges on the boot - plus the doors stuck out at the bottom!