Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Contact         Home of UK kit cars - Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Seven Style builds

Seven Style builds Westfields, Caterham, Dax Rush, Luego, Robin Hood, Tiger, Locust, MK, RAW, Quantum, you name it, you're building it, share it here.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th February 2019, 16:18
thecarbuilder246 thecarbuilder246 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: leicestershire
Posts: 325
thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road
Default Tiger Avon

Hi all.
Does anyone know if a new blacktop zetec engine would be a straight swap for an earlier silvertop zetec? I have used 2 doner vehicles for my build, a sierra donated it's gearbox,rear diff drive shafts and brake back plates, and a orion donated it's engine a 1.8 silvertop zetec.Because I used 2 doner vehicles I've been told I'll get a Q plate, unless that is I swap out the engine and use a brand new one. I know I'll need a new exhaust with a cat fitted but would I be able to use everything from the silvertop? Or grin and bear it,save my dosh and get a Q plate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (94.7 KB, 14 views)
Reply With Quote
Available from eBay
Old 26th February 2019, 18:53
peterux's Avatar
peterux peterux is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,082
peterux is on a distinguished road

I think you should be able to get an age related plate based on the current rules.

Check out this page.....

It says....

Get an age-related registration number
You can apply for an age-related number if you can prove you’ve used 2 original major parts along with:

a new monocoque bodyshell, chassis or frame from a specialist kit manufacturer
an altered chassis, monocoque bodyshell or frame from the original vehicle
The registration number will be based on the age of the original vehicle.

Your vehicle must pass the relevant type approval test to get an age-related registration number.

Have a look at the Built Up Vehicle Report and see if you have used 2 original major parts.


Good luck!
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +0. The time now is 11:42.

copyright © 2000-2024
terms and conditions | privacy policy