Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 6th May 2015, 20:30

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road

LOL!

To say it's a narrow cockpit isn't understating it, the seats I have are 400mm wide, In fact the passenger seat is only 380, somebody has narrowed it a bit. Definitely no room for anything in my pockets while I am sat in the car.

When I make my own back tub I think I will try to widen the seating area. This is the thing, until I have driven and used it for a while I don't really know what I want or need.
Old 15th July 2015, 14:11

redratbike is on a distinguished road

I know you have been busy with the sammio rebuild/rebirth but any further forward on your parts stockpile for the future project?.
Old 15th July 2015, 18:10

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by redratbike View Post
I know you have been busy with the sammio rebuild/rebirth but any further forward on your parts stockpile for the future project?.
Hi RRB, thanks for thinking of me, I'm afraid my SWB project is on hold for now as my finances didn't come together as I'd hoped.

To cut a long story short I had expected to take early retirement at the beginning of May, which would include a substantial lump sum in addition to another monthly pension payment to add to the one I already get from my military service , but that didn't happen due to endless red tape.

I might be able to retire later this year or early 2016, and I have a definite option to take the money and run in January 2017 (although I could stay on until January 2022), but I need the lump sum to fund the SWB as I don't want to sell my Spyder.

Until then I'm afraid I've just got to sit on my hands.

Oh, and it's not me who's trying to resurrect the Sammio brand, I'm just a satisfied customer.
Old 15th July 2015, 21:52

Ha ha no I meant the work you had done to yours over the past couple of months ..I phrased it wrong!!

Yes..finances ..I'm allowed a car but on condition the house is sorted first which this year has sucked up about 15k so far and probably the same next year so ..no car in reality !
Old 16th July 2015, 06:32

Quote:
Ha ha no I meant the work you had done to yours over the past couple of months ..I phrased it wrong!!

Yes..finances ..I'm allowed a car but on condition the house is sorted first which this year has sucked up about 15k so far and probably the same next year so ..no car in reality !
Unfortunately as both wifey and I are public sector workers our finances were hit quite badly by the coalition austerity measures. So badly in fact that we're thinking of burning the Greek flag.

Mind you, if you do look at what's happening in Greece at the moment, that's what would have happened here if not for the cutbacks we already suffered. Tighten your government spending belt or your country goes to rat shit when the money and time run out. Should be a no-brainer really.
Old 16th October 2015, 22:06

Bought any more bits for the future project????.
Old 17th October 2015, 07:52

Quote:
Bought any more bits for the future project????.
Hi RRB, no more bits bought just yet I'm afraid. Project is on hold for financial reasons - my expected early retirement didn't happen so I've now got to wait until January 2017 before I can get properly started. Still, that's only fifteen months away now.

I did suggest to my wife that I might sell my Spyder to fund the SWB, but to my complete surprise she's forbidden me from selling the Sammio.

It'll also be interesting to see where Tribute take the body styles by then - I love the SWB coupe shape, but I'm also sorely tempted by the convertible, especially if the back end could get the finned look that they've already added to Joe's alternative MX250 hard-top.

So it's just a question of me sitting on my hands until 2017.
Old 18th October 2015, 15:56

I knew you were not in a position to go ahead just wondered if you had snaffled anymore bargain hits.

Sounds like by the time you come to build ,it will be a completely different car then originally planned
Old 18th October 2015, 16:26

Quote:

Sounds like by the time you come to build ,it will be a completely different car then originally planned
Could be, I still haven't decided whether it'll be a coupe or convertible. Either way it will get built. One day...
Old 23rd April 2016, 09:42

While looking for a cheap tow car on ebay I came across this Rover 75 diesel going for less than three hundred quid -

I have a feeling there's just some broken glass and a parking space there now though...

What on Earth possesses people to put such a picture on their ebay listing? It doesn't exactly inspire trust in the seller.
Old 23rd April 2016, 12:34

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Cheaper than having a towbar fitted!
Old 23rd April 2016, 16:43

zagmad is on a distinguished road

Apparently the diesel 75 has a bmw engine so if any parts need replacing they'll still be available Unlike the petrol version. Man in the pic does look dodgy.
Old 23rd April 2016, 17:26

garyh is on a distinguished road

Maybe he'd bumped into T before...
Old 23rd April 2016, 18:37

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

I thought that was towed
Old 23rd April 2016, 19:01

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

Its not Swiss Tony !
Old 24th April 2016, 12:21

zagmad is on a distinguished road

Maybe its the grey man from the bumper thread.
Old 28th June 2016, 17:39

Unfortunately, this project is now on long-term 'hold'.

Personal reasons stopped me going ahead with buying the kit when I wanted to in early 2015, but I still had every intention of making a proper start in January 2017 as a retirement project.

But, I've always, always wanted a Porsche 356 Speedster, and an unstarted bodyshell popped up on ebay last week at a fair price. I just couldn't resist it and drove a 700 mile round trip to collect it from Cornwall at the weekend -

So, the space reserved for the 250 is now occupied for the foreseeable future by what's going to become an outlaw 356. Eventually.

This means I won't be using most of the parts I bought for the 250. I've already sold the wheels and you'll be seeing them fitted on a car fairly soon hopefully, which I'm rather looking forward to. If anyone here wants any of these other items, please PM me -

Genuine Nardi 14" steering wheel with boss for E36 BMW and (genuine) Ferrari wheel centre cap (you will need to source/fabricate your own horn push to hold the cap in place and make the horn operate) £150

Pair of coffin side repeaters £40

Pair of Rover 45 front seats in black leather. Very comfortable and in excellent condition from a low-mileage car. Manual adjustment with runners fitted. Complete with headrests and rear seats for spare leather. Very close in looks to original Ferrari 250 SWB seats £100

These will be 'buyer collect' or arrange your own courier and if nobody's interested it'll all go on ebay in a week or so at higher prices. Oh, and payment can be by cash on collection, bank transfer or paypal.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited by Mister Towed; 28th June 2016 at 20:31..
Old 28th June 2016, 17:47

Mitchelkitman is on a distinguished road

An interesting new project - what chassis/parts are you using? The Pie Valley chassis for MGF parts which I saw at Stoneleigh ooked interesting for a project such as this.
Old 28th June 2016, 18:03

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Gotta be a VW BASED or derivative of with a 356 IMHO ...

I really like the 356 , I've had a couple in the past , but never finished one ...great looking cars and an outlaw version would be awesome ...
Old 28th June 2016, 18:16

swifty is on a distinguished road

Interesting new project there MrT, the missus has always liked the 356 ever since she seen a replica at a show many years ago. Do you know who made the body.

Looking forward to the regular updates with plenty of pictures of course.

Are you planning a new build thread.

Ive been looking around for a new project for a while now and must of missed that unfinished kit on ebay.