Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Dino 246 Builds and Discussion

Dino 246 Builds and Discussion Da da da da daaa daa da da, ohoho Dino

Closed Thread

Old 12th December 2011, 19:16

Bikidude is on a distinguished road

Hi as far as the real world is concerned you are correct.
Old 15th December 2011, 09:03

ROBBOC is on a distinguished road

Can understand how soul destroying it must be when an unfair trader's attitude offers you no remedy and no hope whatsoever.

However the real world does provide both these things via the legal system - or have you maybe already explored the free-half-hour-with-a-solicitor and found there isn't a way forward through the courts?

A free consultation with a second or third solicitor could yield a different outlook - remember exactly 50% of all legal advice turns out to be wrong when it gets to court.
Old 16th December 2011, 12:16
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

I don't know the full story about the funds handed over. But is there a receipt or invoice for the funds?

If so, surely that would be enough in a court of law? Receipt/invoice for something that has not been received? Win every time I would have thought in court?

Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Old 16th December 2011, 13:33

Inspace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpabit View Post
I don't know the full story about the funds handed over. But is there a receipt or invoice for the funds?

If so, surely that would be enough in a court of law? Receipt/invoice for something that has not been received? Win every time I would have thought in court?

Sorry to hear about your troubles.
You are right! and the money transfer is documented an receipted but if a person has no intention of returning your money then you spend a time finding this out, then further time starting a legal process.
My situation is unfortunate but it will be resolved.
The advantage to others that I can offer a warning regarding this company and the I dividiual running it. There is no doult in my mind that this has been deliberate and complex deception. I will be cautious before doing any business in this way again. For the cost of a web search, credit search & company history check I would have saved myself a lot of heart ache, time & money.
Thank you for your sympathies.
Old 18th December 2011, 21:15

Bikidude is on a distinguished road

This is just to confirm the comments by Inspace .
My situation will also be resolved .
I can only echo the advise from inspace
Old 22nd December 2011, 23:19

simmos is on a distinguished road

Not logged on to this site for a while and disturbed to read people are still going through grief with CR, it's plane to see that CR have no regard for customers as soon as a problem arises. It seems as if the reason they have got away with it for so long is that they operate within the "law" and every loop hole is exploited instead of putting the customer first.IMO CR is a scam that is always waiting to charm new prey then turn on you like a snake.IF you have unlimited time , money and patients you MAY end up with a decent car . Is it worth the risk dealing with this company???

I am sure Mr Ainsbeys comments that "The comments on this site have not impacted his business" are not true and just demonstrates the mans persona.
Old 19th January 2012, 22:18

If I had a business and I was to telling myself that over 5000 people+ (potential customers) were viewing comments that show my company in a bad light and I was insisting that it did not effect my business then I would hope that a friend would say to me that its time to get help. How many people have to ask to see a classic Replica completed car before one turns up?? Check out some of the other links they are very enlightening.
Old 31st January 2012, 23:25

Default For sale 'The slowest Dino in the world'.

Sadly the Dino replica I bought from Classic Replicas due for delivery April/May 2011 has become the 'slowest Dino in the world'. Covering only a few metres in twelve months and not making any noticeable build progress.
If anyone is interested in purchasing it here are some details.
2 existing owners (at least)
No miles on the clock
No chassis number
No registration
No interior
Unsprayed
No wheels
No lights
Bumpers
No Glass
Incomplete
Now stored outside on container
Valued at £25,000
To buy a further share of this car please consider adding a large deposit to the 24k already taken by Classic Replicas and Gordon Ainsby from its current unsuspecting customers/owners.
Prospective buyer must be willing to wait indefinitely for completion and pay without question. No build manual available.
If you are seriously considering a purchase from this company please seek medical advise.
Old 1st February 2012, 11:24

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road

Hi all dino chums
A new question to all dino followers that has been on my mind for a while.
Has anyone successfully IVA'd a dino replica and got it on the road.(or the previous SVA) and if so any top tips in getting it through?
ian
Closed Thread