Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Dino 246 Builds and Discussion

Dino 246 Builds and Discussion Da da da da daaa daa da da, ohoho Dino

Closed Thread

Old 2nd March 2010, 14:19

T111RDY is on a distinguished road
Default Classic Replicas UK

Does anyone know if this company is still operating? The mobile phone number on the website is no longer connected, and they do not appear to be responding to emails...

Thanks in advance!
Available from eBay
Old 5th March 2010, 09:36

mac is on a distinguished road

Hi T111rdy, This is from a post by classic replicas in june last year. I spoke to Gordon at the end of last year on this number and he was very helpfull. Hope this helps.

Regards Mac.

Hello All,

Just found this website ourselves and very disappointed to learn that so many people think we have gone out of business when we are alive and thriving in Somerset.
We are manufacturing the Dino 246 GT and GTS in kit form and fully built cars. We also help customers complete their unfinished Deon projects and are happy to supply parts.
Our moulds are not the Deon moulds but our own which were taken from an original Dino 246 GT ( belonged to my son) and we have designed our own chassis ( with a steel floor). We have no connections with Deon or any other previous Dino replica manufacturer. We are saddened by the rumours which abound.
Please give us a call on 01278 433782 if you have any queries.
Gordon
Old 11th March 2010, 12:27

T111RDY is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that Mac!

Is anyone currently building one of their products? I would be interested in any feedback, either here on the forum or offline.

Cheers,
T111RDY
Old 27th December 2010, 14:10

Fisher Brookfield is on a distinguished road

Hi All,
I am thinking of building a Dino replica by Classic Replicas U.K and as I am sure as with all investments they must be investigated prior to putting in hard earned cash. I would like any feedback from anyone that has built one of these replicas or anyone that has one on the road. I have been looking at building this car for the past 2 years and now ready to take the plundge but not without investigating
Old 28th December 2010, 20:57

dino_gt is on a distinguished road

I seriously recommend you not to buy anything to classic replicas for your own peace of mind and economic health. Me and many other customers who i´ve been in touch have suffered serious problems with this "company". If you want more details i can give them by p.m.

Cheers.

Dino_GT
Old 3rd January 2011, 13:42

Fisher Brookfield is on a distinguished road

Hi Dino_gt
Thank you for you reply to my post, and to answer you question I would be very greatful for more details please P.M them to me
Old 15th February 2011, 12:50

classicreplicasuk is on a distinguished road
Default Classic Replicas

Hi Guys,
Classic Replicas is still going strong with lots of orders in hand! Based in Bridgwater, Somerset Phone No. 01278 433782. Hope this helps
Old 15th February 2011, 12:56

Default Message to dinoGT

Sorry to hear you have experienced problems with Classic Replicas...please can I ask you to phone me so that we can discuss your comments. 01278 433782
Old 15th February 2011, 14:02

You should have shown interest in doing your job when you had to and not now, when it is obvious that you are interested in stopping my or other people´s comments which are just a consequence of your negligence and lack of proffesionality.

Be sure you are going to continue having comments like these because you deserve it, and the people on this forum, and outside of it, have the right to be informed by third parties involved in business transactions with you, and get to know other people´s experiences and points of view.

I´m sorry, but this is what you normally get when you don´t do your job, the one which you have been paid for. Don´t pretend now to mend something that you started and that you are responsible of.

There are two ways of facing problems in life: one is being true to people and your customers, trying to do your job honestly. The other one is to lie and get an advantage on these people, deceiving them and treating them like rubbish. This last option is the one you chose, so face the consequences of this behaviour.

P.D: Now you can go and take some days off, and not answer the phone, as usual.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:31

Default To Dino_gt

Hello Alan! Perhaps you should tell the forum the whole story...you tell your side and we can tell them ours and they can make up their own minds? We have nothing to hide.
Old 15th February 2011, 16:21

Ok, go on. tell your side so everybody can know everything from your point of view as well. I´d like to see if you are capable of doing it.

I expected a reply exactly like you have done. It´s just fine to see who you really are and how you really react. Believe me: yo do have many things to hide. Do you really want everybody who has something to say about your business to come over here and explain with his own words?

I´m not Alan, by the way, although I know his story very well. This is just to let everybody knows that we are more than one that have suffered dealing with you.

I prevent you: you are going to loose more than to win if you keep on with this.

p.d. how fast you answer your mails!!! I´m amazed!
Old 25th April 2011, 23:02

MrBojangles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino_gt View Post
Ok, go on. tell your side so everybody can know everything from your point of view as well. I´d like to see if you are capable of doing it.

I expected a reply exactly like you have done. It´s just fine to see who you really are and how you really react. Believe me: yo do have many things to hide. Do you really want everybody who has something to say about your business to come over here and explain with his own words?

I´m not Alan, by the way, although I know his story very well. This is just to let everybody knows that we are more than one that have suffered dealing with you.

I prevent you: you are going to loose more than to win if you keep on with this.

p.d. how fast you answer your mails!!! I´m amazed!

Dino-gt

Very interested in knowing a bit more as was considering buying a classic replicas dino until recently when i heard a few negitive things regarding their product. Not had any specifics as yet though, lots of rumors and after some digging a few things are starting to come to light which have raised my eyebrows. Any light you can shed of your misfortune would help a great deal.

Have heard that the classic replicas moulds were taken from an old Deon DGT despite them saying they were taken from an original Ferrari 246 GT.
Old 12th June 2011, 17:10

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Dino-gt

Very interested in knowing a bit more as was considering buying a classic replicas dino until recently when i heard a few negitive things regarding their product. Not had any specifics as yet though, lots of rumors and after some digging a few things are starting to come to light which have raised my eyebrows. Any light you can shed of your misfortune would help a great deal.

Have heard that the classic replicas moulds were taken from an old Deon DGT despite them saying they were taken from an original Ferrari 246 GT.
True. their moulds was taken from a deon customers car that they finished in return for being allowed to take moulds from(the car being a dgt fitted with a 2.9 ford v6 to be exact) A guy called marcus king manufactured the moulds in the original shed ( the same industrial site too) deon made their shells!! I know because I was there. he also traded for a while a "low rider sports cars" and adverts were place selling his wears in roy kelly's italian exotica owners club magazine.
Old 21st July 2011, 13:23

Bikidude is on a distinguished road

Mr Gordon Ainsley of Classic Replicas, this is Alan, thank you for inviting me to put my side of our dealings onto this web site. Not really sure why you would want me to do this.
I have decided not to do this however.
I am sure that you have decided in your own mind that you can spin this story so that your breaking of our contract and you ending up with lots of my money and the unfinished Dino, which you refused to complete, is totally acceptable. I am also sure that you will explain that as I consulted with you at every step before buying equipment that it was my fault that it was either not suitable, or a number of years later, you finally stated, that you would not fit it.
I will also be interested in why you would not allow the car to be re-sold. I am convinced it was because you knew it would not pass the relevant certification.
I again will be interested in what has happened to this car. I have heard two different versions.
The first that you have re-sold the car and in addition to my money you now have a considerable extra amount from the next buyer as you have still not completed the car and therefore have not delivered it. So in this version you have sold the car twice and still retained the car and all the money.
The second version is that you have stripped the car of all parts which have been re-sold by you. I still end up without my money.
If there is a third version please let me know but I already suspect it ends up with you keeping my money and me not getting a working certified car. Please surprise me and also put an end to the speculation.
I trust that you are aware that even though the Dino has not been completed the car is effectively mine and I have not given you permission, either real or implied, to sell the car on my behalf.
You should have worked out by now that I am not Dino GT but bikidude so please feel free to apologise for all the abuse you poured down the phone at me.
Look forward to your response
Old 28th July 2011, 16:56

Mr Gordon Ainsley of Classic Replicas, this is Alan,again. well you have not responded to my post, which as you know was at your invitation. I understand that you have refused to accept my letters. I track them though the post office and unless 1st class delivery now takes 10 days it would appear that you have now instructed your staff not to sign for letters.
I have , obviously, carried on doing my research and it appears that you have indeed sold my car to someone else. I understand that you have removed the original chassis with its flat floor and replaced it with one that allows seat wells so that the average height driver can now see though the windscreen. Obviously you did not bear the cost of this , I did, as you have not returned my money. Preferring to tell people instead that A, I am abusive and you will not deal with an abusive person or B, I am in hospital and my family have requested that you sell my car.
As yet you have not told people (as far as I know) that I am in hospital suffering from tourettes and that is why you have declined to return my money,
but give it time.
When I was negotiating with you (lol) trying to keep the situation calm I did say that as you would not complete my car, probably, because you build replica cars and I wanted mine to be different. A difference you were willing to go along with until I had paid many thousands of pounds. I now note that you are using this phase to beat me with, but it is a very short stick as we all know you do not build replica cars but a copied Deon which was copied from a 206 and adapted.
Look forward to any response from you
Old 4th August 2011, 20:52

Mr Gordon Ainsley of Classic Replicas, this is Alan,again. Well we did have an interesting chat today. You confirmed that you have sold my car to Inspace, You did not explain why it was alright to sell my car , without my permission to someone you found which in your world means you do not have to repay me. You have never explained why when I found a buyer you refused to complete the car so that the buyer lost interest. He was prepared to repay me and complete payment to you. Some crazy logic there.
Old 5th August 2011, 01:47

Inspace is on a distinguished road

This is interesting to say the least Bikidude (Alan).
When I first met Gordon at the Classic replicas workshop he told me that the previous owner of the car had become very ill after going into hospital and that his family had requested Gordon sell the car on to recover his financial input. Due to the nature of this tale one tends not to inquire further for verification from the previous owner. The story was told again in front of my partner when there to pick me up. If anyone goes to Classic Replicas and is offered a part built car beware at the moment its mine and before that it seems to have been Alan's.
Well if this is true then [comment edited out]

Please do not make legal assumptions on this forum no matter how right you think you are. It would appear to me that this has gone beyond this forum and you both need to be taking formal steps to reach a conclusion with Classic Replicas. I would appreciate it if you kept the legal dealings/opinions off of Madabout. What was meant as a forum for builders to get together and share experiences of Dino Replica ownership is turning into a minefield and I'm very very close to shutting this section down as things are getting way too personal.

John

Last edited by JG; 5th August 2011 at 02:34..
Old 5th August 2011, 15:40

simmos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspace View Post
This is interesting to say the least Bikidude (Alan).
When I first met Gordon at the Classic replicas workshop he told me that the previous owner of the car had become very ill after going into hospital and that his family had requested Gordon sell the car on to recover his financial input. Due to the nature of this tale one tends not to inquire further for verification from the previous owner. The story was told again in front of my partner when there to pick me up. If anyone goes to Classic Replicas and is offered a part built car beware at the moment its mine and before that it seems to have been Alan's.
Well if this is true then [comment edited out]

Please do not make legal assumptions on this forum no matter how right you think you are. It would appear to me that this has gone beyond this forum and you both need to be taking formal steps to reach a conclusion with Classic Replicas. I would appreciate it if you kept the legal dealings/opinions off of Madabout. What was meant as a forum for builders to get together and share experiences of Dino Replica ownership is turning into a minefield and I'm very very close to shutting this section down as things are getting way too personal.

John
John, I and other genuine kit car owners/ builders please request that as many of the post on here concerning the companys that curretly build these Dino replicas stay as customer satisfaction is number 1 priority rather than people being sold false dreams (that cost a lot BTW)

The bad reputation these Dino companys have created has been brewing for many, many years, and the people that have been burned have been VERY gracious and reserved IMO.

IMO they would never have got away with nearly as much if sites like this where people can share their experiences where around long ago.

The offenders have been given and still have opportunity to defend themselfs on here.

Yes i agree we sould back off posting dealings with the said companys on here now for the good of the site but the existing posts should stay as they are unchallenged by whom they are directed so people can make up their own minds.
Old 5th August 2011, 19:40

Inspace is on a distinguished road

I am sorry John and accept you are absolutely right. I will not mention my personal situation with this company again.
It is important that the forum is constructive and helpful to all.
I hope you will take on board the comments of other users as I also think this thread has a valuable content to people who may not be aware of the pitfalls of buying a kit or replica. I aimed to be insightive and helpful and I do not mean to cause issue with you or your site code.
If any company were acting in a unprofessional manner and you were about to do business with them then someone I forming you of this would surely allow you more tools to make an educated decision.
A sign saying crocodiles is useful on the banks of a crocodile infested river! Even if the croc's miss a meal.
It is often the case that unscrupulous companies use these sites to promote their evil ways and o e should also be pro active to that.
It won't happen again from me. I do hope you allow the warning to stay though 
Old 7th August 2011, 21:38

DeHavilland Motor Co is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear of your dealings with CR, we are currently putting together our first prototype car at DeHavilland and will be happy for all to come and see the fully IVA'd finished car. You can look at our progress on our facebook page (Dehavilland Motor Company). Once our car is nearly complete i will be looking at the posibilty of posting an invitation to a launch day on this forum for all who are interested.
Closed Thread