Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Dino 246 Builds and Discussion

Dino 246 Builds and Discussion Da da da da daaa daa da da, ohoho Dino

Old 27th June 2011, 22:03

sethducati1098 is on a distinguished road
Default classicreplicasuk do they have OEM ferrari parts or just copies

looking for cheap original ferrari parts, resto project

Last edited by sethducati1098; 10th July 2011 at 08:04.. Reason: j
Available from eBay
Old 28th June 2011, 12:16

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Isn't this the same company that is doing the MR2 Dino conversion as I'd heard/read somewhere that they'd done the MR2 conversion and then also decided to resurrect the original kit as well??

If so then that would explain the overwhelming amount of interest they've got at the moment
Old 30th June 2011, 11:02
Enthusiast

eaa53 is on a distinguished road

I know the owner and the company.
They operate out of the town next to where I live.
I have no affiliation and no axe to grind with them so we are clear.

I use the same body shop they used to use for the finishing of the body panels. I know they are currently expanding and recruiting for body work skills as they no longer use the body shop I use any more.

I understand they have 'an' order for a number of cars into Europe, coals to Newcastle if you understand the phrase!

As far as I am aware they have been operating for a number of years and diversify the operation when cars are in low demand.

As always, with any company you are spending large volumes of cash with, and more so if you are remote, if ordering stuff from them I would urge a watchful eye on the quality and if possible check the components before shipping.

If you need any local assistance let me know.
Old 19th July 2011, 20:32

MrBojangles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecymru View Post
Isn't this the same company that is doing the MR2 Dino conversion as I'd heard/read somewhere that they'd done the MR2 conversion and then also decided to resurrect the original kit as well??

If so then that would explain the overwhelming amount of interest they've got at the moment
Check out Classic Replicas Warning thred!!!!!!!!!!

There are two companies i would take a look at.

J H Classics = MR2 body kit
Dehavilland Motor Company = Original car now being redeveloped

Easy to get the two confused Dehavilland bought the original J H Classic body moulds which are better and a lot more accurate than the new J H Classics body conversion.

The new MR2 diamensions seemed way off when i saw the car at Stoneleigh look alike rather than a true replica. Definately Dehavilland for me on that front. Currently waiting for Dehavilland to get their first demo on the road they have had some good feedback on here, so i'm concidering getting one of their first kits as soon as they become available.

Hope this clears it up a little i must admit i was a little confused before contacting Dehavilland

Last edited by MrBojangles; 19th July 2011 at 20:37..
Old 9th October 2012, 09:35

Inspace is on a distinguished road
Default Dino Motor Company Ltd

As you will be aware from the post above there is several forums relating to CLASSIC REPLICAS so no need to go over old ground. However for some reason Classic replicas 02 Ltd has now changed its name again ! it is now called the DINO MOTOR COMPANY LTD. So Be warned. Please visit classicreplicasuk.eu if you have need for further information regarding this company or experiences of people who have dealt with them.
Old 9th October 2012, 09:37

Inspace is on a distinguished road
Default parts

If you are looking for parts try Superperformance. They deal with Dino parts and have a good reputation.
Old 28th October 2012, 20:44

MrBojangles is on a distinguished road
Default Dehavilland Motor Company

This project is really starting to take shape now. Fingers crossed it will be ready soon. Have spoken to Terry the owner always polite and helpful has told me as soon as the prototype is finished there will be a launch date arranged that will be put on their facebook page. Exited to see what the finished car looks like. Will defo try and make it to their launch.