Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 8th July 2015, 08:04

wolfie is on a distinguished road

Call your next door neighbour Mr Tubby Bear - he loves a good scrap
Old 8th July 2015, 08:09

wolfie is on a distinguished road

His first name is Rog - I think he has a £ 40,000 cobra - well thats what he tells everyone.
Old 8th July 2015, 14:13

y cymro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
As the chairman and founding (only) member of the Fiat Gamine Vignale Appreciation Society
When I was a nipper, 'gamin' was a local colloquialism for cunninglingus. No wonder you appreciate it.
Old 8th July 2015, 19:09

griffj is on a distinguished road

Evening,
Can't stand things like this, i have never understood why people get all in a bunch over someone else's version on a theme. The truly sad thing is they fail to realise the total irony in their umbridge with the Z3 based Kobra.
ALL their cars are fakes, not one of them is real, they are mostly based on old fords or jags, one of the threads talks about Ford transit brakes.
Ok some of them are true kits, built from brand new boxed parts, but i bet thats the minority. They are all driving something that pretends to be something its not, so why get so ars*y about someone else finding a much cheaper & more efficient way to do the same?

I used to (many years ago) run a car club in Cheshire, it started off ok, but over time the older members, with their cars that they had owned for years, started to take offence when the newer, younger members started to turn up with newer, brighter more reliable machinery and at certain shows were given pride of place. After a while it got to the point where the bickering was so bad, i just walked away from it. Within 3 months, members had gone from 55 to 13.

All i can see on the Cobra forum board, is the old guys, getting all up in a bunch over the new kids...
Old 8th July 2015, 20:25

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffj View Post
Evening,
Can't stand things like this, i have never understood why people get all in a bunch over someone else's version on a theme. The truly sad thing is they fail to realise the total irony in their umbridge with the Z3 based Kobra.
ALL their cars are fakes, not one of them is real, they are mostly based on old fords or jags, one of the threads talks about Ford transit brakes.
Ok some of them are true kits, built from brand new boxed parts, but i bet thats the minority. They are all driving something that pretends to be something its not, so why get so ars*y about someone else finding a much cheaper & more efficient way to do the same?

I used to (many years ago) run a car club in Cheshire, it started off ok, but over time the older members, with their cars that they had owned for years, started to take offence when the newer, younger members started to turn up with newer, brighter more reliable machinery and at certain shows were given pride of place. After a while it got to the point where the bickering was so bad, i just walked away from it. Within 3 months, members had gone from 55 to 13.

All i can see on the Cobra forum board, is the old guys, getting all up in a bunch over the new kids...
You are quite right . Its time to drop this . I hope the seller of this Tribute Kobra gets a good return on what looks like a superb effort. Its the best one I've seen so far.
Old 8th July 2015, 20:59

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

Never any bickering at the Tribute Owners club meetings*

*okay, we have never actually had an official meeting but I am sure we wouldn't bicker as everyone knows that I am the only 'original' Z300S and the rest of you are driving replicas :-)
Old 9th July 2015, 16:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident View Post
Never any bickering at the Tribute Owners club meetings*

*okay, we have never actually had an official meeting but I am sure we wouldn't bicker as everyone knows that I am the only 'original' Z300S and the rest of you are driving replicas :-)
Perhaps there should be a National Tribute Day , maybe next year , early summer. There should be lots of finished cars by then . Nothing too formal though , strictly NO concours de elegance , that would be wrong on a number of levels ! Just a get together , fun day out !
Old 9th July 2015, 17:40

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Good idea - where are we all based so we can choose a place to meet
Old 9th July 2015, 18:47

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
Outside roger the 40k cobra owners house would be a good choice
Old 9th July 2015, 19:23

We could check their website and find when they are having a gathering

It would be interesting to see build quality etc

I don't think they are all like Rog
Old 9th July 2015, 21:16

Mitchelkitman is on a distinguished road

Whilst he (Rog) got in a bit of a 2 & 8, I am of the opinion that if someone writes derogatory remarks about other (maybe in jest?) that they can only expect to get similar back. But the remarks have been withdrawn, live and let live...... after all we should all be just trying to get on and appreciate each others views/work as long as it doesn't cause anyone else any harm it's ok!
Old 9th July 2015, 22:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
Midlands area I would think . Maybe a hill climb venue as Prescott or Shelsley Walsh etc . They have events on all through the summer . I think the kit car shows have lost their appeal in the last few years.
Old 9th July 2015, 22:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post
Midlands area I would think . Maybe a hill climb venue as Prescott or Shelsley Walsh etc . They have events on all through the summer . I think the kit car shows have lost their appeal in the last few years.
I agree, sounds good

I confess I want mine built to run down to Le mans 2016, it would to get a few together for the weekend.

Last edited by Roadster; 9th July 2015 at 22:50..
Old 9th July 2015, 23:05

I'm a big fan of the LeMans Classic now . Its much more for the classic car enthusiast . If you like watching 60's and 70's Lemans cars this is the main event . Its like a massive version of the Goodwood Revival but without the crowded confines of the Goodwood estate.
Its only held every other year , its on in 2016 !!
Old 10th July 2015, 05:56

gas guzzler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post
I'm a big fan of the LeMans Classic now . Its much more for the classic car enthusiast . If you like watching 60's and 70's Lemans cars this is the main event . Its like a massive version of the Goodwood Revival but without the crowded confines of the Goodwood estate.
Its only held every other year , its on in 2016 !!
Group of us used to go to this and really enjoy it but the last couple of times found it way to crowded, so we swapped going there and went Spa classic in September instead. A lot more relaxed and less people but with the same racing, cheaper as well 30 Euros for a weekend ticket (120 at Le Mans I think, never paid as we had complimentary tickets :-) ). Large car park for Classic cars. Stayed in a nice Hotel in Spa and had a great drive into the track in the morning, of an evening sat in a bar and watched the cars come back from the track.

Andy
Old 10th July 2015, 07:37

Has anyone been to the Silverstone Classic recently? I've not been since it was sponsored by Coys and wondered what it's like nowadays.
Old 10th July 2015, 19:38

gas guzzler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by y cymro View Post
Has anyone been to the Silverstone Classic recently? I've not been since it was sponsored by Coys and wondered what it's like nowadays.
I was there last year, been going quite regularly over the years, pretty much the same, very busy. Need to get in early can be really long tail backs sometimes, alright in modern cars but not so good for some of the classics.
Always great racing and sometimes some decent groups in the evening. Was in the BMW area last year, my Scimitar wasn't deemed good enough for the Reliant OC club stand. I wonder if I could take my Z300s into the Z3 area.

Andy
Old 10th July 2015, 23:15

Perhaps we could have a Tribute area next year.
Old 12th July 2015, 21:03

There is lots of interest in this Kobra Cobra . The other forums are talking about it too. Most of the posts are very positive.

The auction ends on Friday evening , I think it will end close to £10k imo !
Old 14th July 2015, 14:11

fatbloke is on a distinguished road

Sad isn't it that one set of kit car builders should feel the need to rubbish another. The car I'm building is relative to my budget and capabilities and I have no desire to put a Ferrari badge anywhere near my machine when it's finished but if others do, good for them. All I want is an individual sports car.

People really should live and let live.