Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Dino 246 Builds and Discussion

Dino 246 Builds and Discussion Da da da da daaa daa da da, ohoho Dino

Old 27th July 2011, 20:24

simmos is on a distinguished road
Default J H Classics MR2 Dino Replica

So what do people here think of the John Hurst's most recent Dino replica using his old moulds hacked to fit on a MR2, the following is Hursts current add;

See the feature article in Complete Kit Car magazine with road test, August 2011 issue available in WH Smith and other leading Newsagents.

Email me for full details and specification
Ever wanted a Ferrari Dino GT, well for about £150k you can, or we can save you about £130k and you will be the envy of your neighbours with this fabulous DGT GTS. Faster than the original, 0-60 in 5.5 seconds, beats the original by 1.6, faster at the top end, 150mph.

More reliable, use it every day, drive it, love looking, go shopping, golf, holidays: cheaper insurance and servicing, all the looks, way cheaper on any parts you need, and you can tuck it in the driveway for all to see, and don't worry it won't rust!Everywhere you go people will envy you all the way home, they would love to own it.

PHASE ONE UNDER WAY!
This car is the first Ex Works GTS JH Classics build, the mechanicals are all done, the body and panels are all made and the conversion has started for collection September. This car will be road tested and featured in three main magazines, so it has a history already!

The V6 3Ltr 24 valve quad cam conversion is by Woodsport, immaculately presented see pictures, only 800 miles since the conversion, just run in! This car will spin your head, it's brilliant, furiously fast to drive, road holding on the mark, this is what it's all about.

Speed Matters, and with the looks of the DGT you get it all

You can still choose the colour of the car and trim, the trim detail, the specification is all available. 12 months MOT, fully serviced, new brakes all round, 6 months road tax, JH classics warranty on all our work and sold with a non age related private plate.

Payment is by three equal instalments as indicated in the price above, one now, one mid build, one on collection, totalling £19,794.00. The car can be driven during the build, and final detail discussed.

See the website <a href="http://www.JHClassics.com" Target="_blank">www.JHClassics.com</a> , full of detail and photos. In this advert the photos are representative of the car, the GT is the red car, the Kit and Black MR2 will become the GTS for sale here in this advert

Get the spec, ring the man, buy the dream.

This car will be offered for sale at £22,800.00 after completion, so there is a BUY IT NOW saving of £3000.00
Available from eBay
Old 29th July 2011, 10:40

davecymru is on a distinguished road

I know that I'm not a Dino builder, but until money and the wife interjected i was doing an MR2 project similar to this. (LONG story!)

TBH i don't mind if this is 100% accurate as the vast majority of people aren't going to know the differences anyway. i.e. look at the 355 and 360 replicas. Largely accurate in the majority of areas is going to be good enough for most people.

I personally think that this is an interesting addition to the whole kit car scene and an angle that we're going to see more of as people don't want to go the whole IVA route.

Then there are all the possibilities that this creates as new blood comes into the scene and hopefully that should bring with it innovations that all Dino builders can pick up on.

As far as the price is concerned, you only have to look at what MR2 based Murcielagos are going for! (generally £30k+ and a few for £40k+!) Japanese reliability and running costs with Italian looks is quite an appealing prospect

And as for the donor, the imported MR2 turbo is already quite quick and can be made "very" fast with tweaks and then the MR2's that have been converted to the V6 bring a whole new angle and exhaust note, especially with the big Lexus V6 fitted!

I think that we have to respect that this is never going to be a route that everybody likes or agrees with, but each to their own i say