Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Miglia Builds and discussion

Miglia Builds and discussion Miglia bodied builds

Old 15th August 2013, 20:09

mikmiglia is on a distinguished road
Default New Miglia build For Germany

New German Miglia speedster build No1
I have been asked to build four cars for this nice man in Germany.

He has given me very specific style ideas for each car, so i guess its going to be
good fun.. for me to build.

Anyway i have purchased a triumph 2000 engine and an overdrive gearbox.

Low miles and history .
So the first job was to strip and paint to the customers colour choices.

Also all the electrics re newed . Fitted electric ignition , i think it keeps the running more
reliable and smoother too.

I will keep the pictures updating..

Available from eBay
Old 15th August 2013, 21:43

slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

Looks very pretty so far
Old 16th August 2013, 17:32

Thanks , its not every ones taste but if the customer wants this he can have what he wants..
Old 16th August 2013, 17:54

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Mike - Do you do all the engine work yourself, as well as building the cars?

It is good to see that your kit is doing well.

Take care, Paul.
Old 16th August 2013, 18:55

christinedmc is on a distinguished road

Hi Mike,

Wow, 4 cars in a row. Terrific that you/your car is doing so well. The finish you lay into your first car, must have done the trick. It looks stunning.
Michiel
Old 17th August 2013, 14:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Mike - Do you do all the engine work yourself, as well as building the cars?

It is good to see that your kit is doing well.

Take care, Paul.
Hi Paul , yes i do all my own work to the engine. I take all items off, and de grease , and then take all rust , paint and so on off.

Its the detail that make the differance. Its nice the have the budget too allow me to build the cars. In the past this is what let the cars down.

Anyway thanks for your positive comments.
Old 17th August 2013, 14:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinedmc View Post
Hi Mike,

Wow, 4 cars in a row. Terrific that you/your car is doing so well. The finish you lay into your first car, must have done the trick. It looks stunning.
Michiel
Well Michael, it did indeed.
The customer i built the red one for, had it built to sell in Germany. He made a nice profit on top of my costs it cost to build. And he now wants me to build him
four more , with a lot greater budget and sell them in his Showroom .

This is a nice step forward for me and allows me to build cars to a greater standard..

Thanks Michael for your kind comments.
Old 15th June 2016, 08:25

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

I have just heard this car has been sold locally by Mike as the plans have changed with the German orders and a guy in Swanage has bought it . I will try and find out who it is as its a local Rodder , so should be easy enough ...and see if I can get him to post on here ...
Old 6th November 2016, 15:35

rochdaleGT is on a distinguished road

why potential (german) buyers dont buy it directly from you? more profit for you, less expensive for them.
Old 7th November 2016, 08:23

Barber is on a distinguished road

Those insulation bandages give me the heebie jeebies. Reminds me of when I was a kid and saw my first "Curse of the Mummies Tomb" type horror movie in black and white.

Lovely to see an engine that will look as good as the bodywork.
Old 7th November 2016, 20:00

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Probably not a problem on a car but I have had a few bikes come in with them. They hold the moisture and salt and what were nice downpipes when the bandages were put on are more often than not a rusty mess. Look good(?) but not a good idea IMHO.
Old 3rd December 2016, 13:09

phil9 is on a distinguished road

looks great... cast had a habit of cracking when hot with rap....
Old 4th December 2016, 13:26

speaking to some new owners of the cars sold in germany by this dealer seems not that positive:

after some time of ownership and watching behind the scenery, they (the new owners) recognized that they have paid far too much in relation of the built quality and the registration-status.
the cars have been sold, declared as histroic-vehicle. legally such re-body cannot be declared as a histroic vehicle as the re-body has been done recently. german-rules: the re-body must be done in the first 10yeas after reg-date or must be 30years old. theoretically the same rules apply, if you start today a re-body on your old beetle with a 356 or whatever kit: as you cannot prove that the re-body has done in the past the historic status will get lost. sure, you will always find a "friendly" tüv-tester who might give you the histroic status, closing both eyes when money is changing underneath the table....but finally the registration-office can reject it...or if you sell the car in the future, the new owner might have problems re-registering it in his county.

Last edited by rochdaleGT; 4th December 2016 at 13:32..
Old 4th December 2016, 14:09

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

I think only one Miglia was sold to the dealer who re-sold it . The big money one , I think , stories relating to 30,000 euros were being bandied about , so yes , that buyer paid too much !! The second car ordered never got finished and changed hands locally , I touched on this a bit further up on this thread ...I was told , but cannot confirm that Mike of Miglia fame , was or had refunded the dealer from the sale of the car ..

I don't know who you are referring to , but a few German purchases of S*mmios have occurred over the years , we have a builder locally , regularly building for the German market as well as some private sales going that way too ...I can't speak about individual builds , but from what I have seen of the local ones , they look ok ...but not knowing what they sell for in Germany or knowing fully the registration process or issues , its difficult to comment any further ..

Last edited by lancelot link; 4th December 2016 at 14:11..
Old 4th December 2016, 17:11

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

I for one would be very interested to hear what the process is for registering rebodied historic chassis cars in other EU countries - Germany, Holland, France etc. I'm guessing it's not an issue in Italy so long the car is exciting enough.

I'm sure I've seen high-end C Type and SS100 replicas advertised as 'historic registered exportable worldwide' in Octane recently, and they base their registration on just having an old engine block as they have new tube frame chassis'.

If the process of registering small volume rebodied cars in European countries is made unnecessarily difficult I think we should consider leaving the EU...
Old 4th December 2016, 20:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochdaleGT View Post
…speaking to some new owners of the cars sold in germany by this dealer seems not that positive:

after some time of ownership and watching behind the scenery, they (the new owners) recognized that they have paid far too much in relation of the built quality and the registration-status.
the cars have been sold, declared as histroic-vehicle…
Would you like to clarify who you are actually complaining about?

Are you talking about this car, that Mike/mikmiglia built and sold?

Because, as far as I know, this was sold in the UK, at a fair price, perfectly legally, with everything above board.

Complaining on this thread about what someone else did later on with the car in Germany seems a tad unfair.

Especially given the fact that Mike @ Miglia hasn't posted on this forum in over 2 years.

And that the Miglia brand has been under the Tribute banner for almost a year.

So by "this dealer" I assume you mean someone else?

Cheers, Paul.
Old 4th December 2016, 21:04

i have never referred to a british dealer!!! its all about what happend in germany.

so back to the things going on in germany:

there are lots of registered replicas, rebodies, kitcars etc. around in germany which have a complete fake identity and registration things have been done using fake / photoshopped paperwork to rip-off ignoramus buyers.

germany might have strict registration laws, but in the same time lots of dealers are on the market which make business with "selling" historic registrations....if you knw what i mean...

nice to hear that there is a german builder...but he seems not doing any public relations activity as he is unknown within the kitcar and the triumph community

Last edited by rochdaleGT; 4th December 2016 at 21:09..
Old 4th December 2016, 21:28

Quote:
...i have never referred to a british dealer!!! its all about what happend in germany...
My apologies if I wasn't being very clear, but that was my point.

So you are complaining about someone you buys a car in the UK legally and then sells it illegally in Germany.

Which, just to be clear, has nothing to do with the businesses operated by Miglia or Tribute in the UK.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
…nice to hear that there is a german builder...but he seems not doing any public relations activity as he is unknown within the kitcar and the triumph community…
The builder Lancelot Link is referring to is based in the UK and sells to German customers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Old 4th December 2016, 21:52

Barber is on a distinguished road

It is fair enough to flag up dubious trades, then, if anyone wants to play, it is at their own risk.
Old 5th December 2016, 07:28

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

We've had the same issues over here in GB - ask any owner of a half-million pound Bugatti replica...

http://www.classicandperformancecar....-registrations

What we really need is a centralised European government, maybe somewhere obscure, like Brussels, who could give direction across Europe on matters like this without borders getting in the way. Radical idea, eh?