Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 25th January 2012, 19:17

addict is on a distinguished road
Default log book advive needed re kit car

hi this is the story guy offers a trade on my elan for a mk indy kitcat . so far so good its a 7 type of car,
after a short chat re the spec of his car he lets slip its on the logbook as a dutton lotus ? and has a 67 age related plate.
so its tax exempt.....
the thing is im sure the car should 1 be on a Q plate my old dutton from back when i was 17 was built in 86 that one .
im kinda thinking the car could of been cloned on to a age related plate to save tax .
or maybe back in the day when kits did not need the sva test u could if u used the engine gearbox and axels from the same car get the cars plate ?
what do u think .
also the car has no weather gear just fly screens and i live in rainy town aka manchester ?
Available from eBay
Old 25th January 2012, 19:21

for got to proof read try this

hi this is the story guy offers a trade on my elan for a mk indy kitcar . so far so good its a lotus 7 type of car,
after a short chat re the spec of his car he lets slip its on the logbook as a dutton lotus ? and has a 67 age related plate. and so its tax exempt.....
the thing is im sure the car should be on a Q plate . my old dutton from back when i was 17 had a Q built in 86 that one was .
im kinda thinking the car could of been cloned on to a age related plate to save tax .
or maybe back in the day when kits did not need the sva test u could if u used the engine gearbox and axels from the same car get the cars plate ?
what do u think .
but if its a mk indy now started as a sierra was a dutton where in the hell did it get a 67 plate ?
maybe if it was a cortina once ?

also the car has no weather gear just fly screens and i live in rainy town aka manchester ?
Old 25th January 2012, 19:49
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by addict View Post
for got to proof read try this

hi this is the story guy offers a trade on my elan for a mk indy kitcar . so far so good its a lotus 7 type of car,
after a short chat re the spec of his car he lets slip its on the logbook as a dutton lotus ? and has a 67 age related plate. and so its tax exempt.....
the thing is im sure the car should be on a Q plate . my old dutton from back when i was 17 had a Q built in 86 that one was .
what do u think .
but if its a mk indy now started as a sierra was a dutton where in the hell did it get a 67 plate ?
maybe if it was a cortina once ?

Hi and welcome!

If you are sure it is a genuine MK Indy, then avoid this car like the plague. I sounds like it has not been properly tested and registered and just been given the Reg number of an old Dutton. That is illegal and will probably be picked up at the next MOT.
Old 25th January 2012, 19:58

yep i think ur right too
Old 25th February 2012, 21:36

Dpaz is on a distinguished road

Maybe the original has been on Ebay with no V5
Old 24th May 2012, 12:17
Kit Car Dreamer

martin butler is on a distinguished road

if it has then im sure the Dutton owners club will be on the case, if the car isnt registered as an MK then you will have problems and may even have to have it put in for an IVA to get it registered and depending on the year of the engine may have to fit a cat your best bet if you have bourght it is to dontact dvlc be honest and ask what you should do you might get away with it and they might just re register it with a new Q plate