Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com
 

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Dino 246 Builds and Discussion

Dino 246 Builds and Discussion Da da da da daaa daa da da, ohoho Dino

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 19th February 2013, 21:57
Fibreglass Fibreglass is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 31
Fibreglass is on a distinguished road
Default Possibly the ultimate Dino replica for sale

One of my customers has decided to part with their part built Dino replica.
It is going up for auction in March, please see it at the link below.
It is based on a Ferrari 328 chassis with a Ferrari 360 engine fitted.
When finished this will probably be the best replica built and certainly the quickest.
The estimated price is not cheap but the cost of the parts would probably be more and it's got the genuine Ferrari id so no IVA required.

Just thought it might be of interest to someone on here.

http://www.historics.co.uk/buying/au...-360-dino.aspx
Reply With Quote
Available from eBay
  #2  
Old 21st February 2013, 23:34
simmos simmos is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 26
simmos is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibreglass View Post
One of my customers has decided to part with their part built Dino replica.
It is going up for auction in March, please see it at the link below.
It is based on a Ferrari 328 chassis with a Ferrari 360 engine fitted.
When finished this will probably be the best replica built and certainly the quickest.
The estimated price is not cheap but the cost of the parts would probably be more and it's got the genuine Ferrari id so no IVA required.

Just thought it might be of interest to someone on here.

http://www.historics.co.uk/buying/au...-360-dino.aspx

Hi, Your body shells are superb, but i think this car has issues and that possibly why it's being sold before it got completed.

For a start, it looks to me from the pictures that the chassis has been cut and shut to get the shorter wheelbase instead of replacing the full length of chassis tubes, i would not want to be in a fibreglass car 300 BHP that has had this done to it.......also the fact that the chassis length has been shortened would now mean this car would need to pass an IVA test to make it road legal (good luck with that)

And finally this car a soooo far away from being a runner even a track car in parts and labour that really you are only buying a dream or nightmare.

Please correct me on anything of my thoughts.
Thanks.

Last edited by simmos; 21st February 2013 at 23:37..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 22nd February 2013, 00:33
Fibreglass Fibreglass is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 31
Fibreglass is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmos View Post
Hi, Your body shells are superb, but i think this car has issues and that possibly why it's being sold before it got completed.

For a start, it looks to me from the pictures that the chassis has been cut and shut to get the shorter wheelbase instead of replacing the full length of chassis tubes, i would not want to be in a fibreglass car 300 BHP that has had this done to it.......also the fact that the chassis length has been shortened would now mean this car would need to pass an IVA test to make it road legal (good luck with that)

And finally this car a soooo far away from being a runner even a track car in parts and labour that really you are only buying a dream or nightmare.

Please correct me on anything of my thoughts.
Thanks.
Hi there, thanks for your comments on my body shells, however I thought I had better correct you on the customers car. The person who has written the description for the auction is not correct, the car is NOT based on a 308GT4 chassis, it is in fact based on a 328 chassis (easily seen by the position of the handbrake) which only has a wheelbase of 0.4 inches longer than the 246 which can easily be lost in the wheel arches.
It therefore did not need any cutting, I think where the original floor has been removed it looks like it may have been cut. As the chassis has not been cut it will not require the IVA.
I do not wish to mention who my customer was but if you find this car on the Ferrari Forum then you will realise who they are and that they do build very good cars for both road and race use. I just supplied the bodyshell and they have done the rest.
I didn't mention it on here to try and sell it for them, it was just an example of what can be built using genuine Ferrari running gear.
I would just add that if anyone was thinking of buying a part built car then this although not cheap would make a very interesting project.

Hope this clears up any confusion.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 22nd February 2013, 10:25
simmos simmos is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 26
simmos is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibreglass View Post
Hi there, thanks for your comments on my body shells, however I thought I had better correct you on the customers car. The person who has written the description for the auction is not correct, the car is NOT based on a 308GT4 chassis, it is in fact based on a 328 chassis (easily seen by the position of the handbrake) which only has a wheelbase of 0.4 inches longer than the 246 which can easily be lost in the wheel arches.
It therefore did not need any cutting, I think where the original floor has been removed it looks like it may have been cut. As the chassis has not been cut it will not require the IVA.
I do not wish to mention who my customer was but if you find this car on the Ferrari Forum then you will realise who they are and that they do build very good cars for both road and race use. I just supplied the bodyshell and they have done the rest.
I didn't mention it on here to try and sell it for them, it was just an example of what can be built using genuine Ferrari running gear.
I would just add that if anyone was thinking of buying a part built car then this although not cheap would make a very interesting project.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Thanks for your reply and yes the 328 chassis makes this car more interesting as a project.

I still wonder why the builders aborted this project and put it up for sale before finishing it, if this car was completed and it drove well it would gain massive interest and have a good value.

As it was a 328 chassis was the donor car accident damaged?

You would have thought they would at least plumbed and wired the engine before selling.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23rd February 2013, 09:51
Fibreglass Fibreglass is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 31
Fibreglass is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmos View Post
Thanks for your reply and yes the 328 chassis makes this car more interesting as a project.

I still wonder why the builders aborted this project and put it up for sale before finishing it, if this car was completed and it drove well it would gain massive interest and have a good value.

As it was a 328 chassis was the donor car accident damaged?

You would have thought they would at least plumbed and wired the engine before selling.

Thanks.
I have no idea why they are selling it as it is, all I know is, it was being built as a race car. They have quite a good track record (excuse the pun) with their previous race cars. I can only assume they have too much work on or have come up with an even better idea for their next race car. They certain have the skilled people and experience to build almost anything.
I do not know about the 328 chassis, all I know is that was being used as the base when I supplied the body shell.
I cannot say any more about it, this is all I know, probably best to contact them direct if you are interested.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23rd February 2013, 22:13
Psycho pops's Avatar
Psycho pops Psycho pops is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Marmande 47200
Posts: 501
Psycho pops is on a distinguished road
Default

As the add states. " from a front end damaged 360 which had only covered 22,000 miles from new and had just received a major service by a Ferrari main dealer"
pops
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 16:32.

copyright © madabout-kitcars.com 2000-2021
terms and conditions | privacy policy