Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th June 2017, 18:36

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Saturday - Part 2:
I ended up spending far too long sanding down the filler on the inside of the bonnet.
( As there was washing on the line, so there was no way I could use the angle grinder for a first pass. )

Unfortunately, I opened up a small air pocket on one of the tabs for securing the wiring loom.

So I had to mix up an absolutely tiny batch of fibreglass filler to fill in the hole.

Eventually I was able to finish getting some etch primer on the inside of the bonnet.

Preparing this inside surface has taken me a lot of time I wasn't initially expecting, but it was definitely the right decision to do it.

So the plan now is to apply a single coat of high build primer, then a coat of BRG, which I know will highlight the rough finish.

However, if I am actually showing anyone the inside of the bonnet I can talk them through all the work involved in building it.

My last job of the day was to make a start on sanding down the putty on the rear end.

I will finish this another day, as by now it was time to start preparing a BBQ for the four of us.

If this wind ever drops, I will put up the Circus Tent in the back garden for the bonnet and boot lid.

Until next time, take care, Paul.