Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds

Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds In a Vortex with your Phantom build? Share your build experiences here.

Old 22nd February 2012, 17:02

grahamhughes is on a distinguished road
Default coolant hoses

Can anybody advise me what coolant hoses to use to connect the chassis rail pipes to the engine. I want to use a one piece hose to right angle upwards then to right angle inboard so that they pass over the top of the top rear suspension link. The only alternative is to use individual right angle bends and connect them together with couplings but i believe the less joints the better. Also can anybody advise what exhaust gasket to use to join the phlange on the flexi pipe to the mondeo downpipe phlange
Regards Graham

Last edited by grahamhughes; 22nd February 2012 at 17:11..
Available from eBay
Old 25th February 2012, 23:34
Enthusiast

kenmorton is on a distinguished road

Can't help with Ford engine details but in my case I ended up trawling my local scrap yard for suitable pipes and marked them with a black marker with details of what car they came off and what pipe with the idea of bying that pipe from whatever dealers. It helped that the local scrappy let me take whatever pipes I wanted for trial fitting for free but in the end non of them were quite right so I ended up with a couple of extra joints.
Old 28th February 2012, 21:50
Enthusiast

EddyP is on a distinguished road

Sorry Graham, only just read your PM.
For the rear hoses i'm still using the Phantom original ones, however over the next year I will swap these to a couple of silicone bends I think, as Chris has had one of his rear hoses fail last year and I don't want to risk that with the price my engine would cost to rebuild.
For the front hose, a Pug 206 is the correct sort of shape to get from the chassis tube to the radiator.

As for the exhaust gasket, have you got the flange off the car? If so pop down to your local exhaust place, they usually have racks with all the different types of gaskets and rubbers etc.. on, that's where I got one of mine once.