Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 5th April 2012, 20:53

enneaitch is on a distinguished road
Default newbie... looking for advice and help.

Hey guys hows things? been watching this forum over the years with a few minibased kit cars ive had but i decided to join this time round.

I have another mini based kit car which is called a Kingfisher Sprint. made in the 80s about 35 were made. Apparently only 14 or so left.

I bought the car having been seriously neglected and not seen the road for 10+ years. so its a strip and rebuild.

Ive got the car to a rolling state after replacing a rear subframe. and few other bits and pieces and stripped the interior out. im after abit of help on doors... more specifically the internal opening mechanisms. the ones in the car must have been some kind of 80s production handles and used a cable to open from the inside but are gubbed! so id like to update and use a more easily obtainable solution. Any one know how i would go about this and any ideas? ive had a look on the cbs website and cant really find anything.

ill post up some images of my car in the "show me your kit car section" for you to see what it looks like!

And thanks in advance for any help!

Nick
Available from eBay