Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 4th June 2012, 13:05

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Great looking donor going on ebay for anyone thinking of taking advantage of the loyalty bonus discount -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-VI...item1c27b0dc90

I'd seriously recommend going for an mot'd car as a starting point, it'll save you loads of time and money later. Don't do as I do, do as I say!
Old 4th June 2012, 13:46

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh 46r View Post
while i wish you well with the new arrangements can you now say when delivery of the G46 kits will begin , you have had my money for 3 months and i've not had a straight answer once yet when i've called you . Adrian
There are at least two others on this forum who have waited longer than 3 months and whose patience is also wearing a bit thin, so welcome to the queue!

It must have been a bit of a nightmare for Gary of late and if I were in his place I would probably had a breakdown by now, but I hope that under the new arrangements the company is now in a position to speedily complete the unfulfilled G46 orders/conversions and in that respect I hope to have positive news from Sammio Cars VERY shortly.
Old 4th June 2012, 14:52

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike55 View Post
There are at least two others on this forum who have waited longer than 3 months and whose patience is also wearing a bit thin, so welcome to the queue!

It must have been a bit of a nightmare for Gary of late and if I were in his place I would probably had a breakdown by now, but I hope that under the new arrangements the company is now in a position to speedily complete the unfulfilled G46 orders/conversions and in that respect I hope to have positive news from Sammio Cars VERY shortly.
This is one of the reasons I have made the decision I have.....

When Andy approached me with his proposition , the timing couldn't have been better ...things were/are starting to get on top of me ....whilst I cannot complain about the success of the product , a two man outfit cannot perform miracles.....we try , but its not always possible.

When Nike talks about breakdowns , hes not too far from the truth ! It has been tense on occasion and I have not had a proper nights sleep in about 2 years , waking up in the very early hours and spending the rest of the night thinking about finances , deadlines , which customers to keep happy , who to pi$$ off etc. is not healthy , it affects work , homelife , everything...

The product we sell is cheap , thats a factor in its popularity. Downside of that is quantity is what keeps the doors open....the workshop has to generate money EVERY week , it doesn't always do that. We have to juggle jobs in an attempt to keep people happy but also create income. I have been very lucky , most of my customers are pretty good , Adrian included , and have supported us with no question. I started this with no money , no loans , no overdraft , no worries....still running with no assistance financially just worries !!
I take great comfort from the fact my customers believe in us and the products.

Last year I made a few mistakes ...we seriously under quoted jobs on quite a few cars ...me being the kind of guy I am , stuck to my quotes even though nothing was written down , result - we lost money on those peoples cars.

Add to that the 550 development at a cost of about 5-6000 and a sale of the project after a few sales of 2500 , that wasn't great either.G46 investment that is still showing no return ( will need to sell about 15 to get square ) , then we have all the ignored utility bills from previously that caught up with me all around the same time etc etc. and to cut a long story short , we sold something like 60-70 kits , built a few cars and had no money left !!

So , basically , what I am trying to say is , the G46 has suffered a little due to the popularity of the other cars and the need to get funds in asap.

It made it very difficult to finish the factors on the G46 I had to do to offer it in kit form. We have sold 3 so far and they have all been supplied differently as I haven't yet standardized the frame.

Clearing the decks a little is going to get the G46 sorted - fact.

Unfortunately , the first few of you are suffering as a result of my limited time I have been able to give to the car ....Ironically , its the car that owes me the most money but I just haven't been able to get on with it.....

Anyway , you're not interested in my life story or excuses ...you want to know whats going on.

We are switching back to one of my part time laminators this week....his first few jobs are G46's.

We have Adrians package to do , Dan's and WCA's as well as Nike's kit fit.
I found time last week , with Mike , to get the framework standardized , so no hold ups there either.
Its a mammoth body to produce and therefore not as fast as the Spyder/Cordite to create, but I would hope to have your kit fully ready for delivery within the next 2 weeks ....WCA just after and Dan just after that...

Nikes will develop alongside these in the next few weeks as well.....My department

Patrices is about to get hit hard for its preperation for the bodyshop as well...Mikes department.

I am genuinely sorry about the hold ups with this car ....we have had no issues at all with the Spyders up to now , but just too much on my shoulders....Andy's actions are a life saver !
Old 4th June 2012, 15:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
Great looking donor going on ebay for anyone thinking of taking advantage of the loyalty bonus discount -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-VI...item1c27b0dc90

I'd seriously recommend going for an mot'd car as a starting point, it'll save you loads of time and money later. Don't do as I do, do as I say!
That is a perfect donor by the looks of it....

If it helps anyone to make a decision on that car , I have a mate in Melksham who I need to collect a Hot Rod body from that he owes me from a previous deal about 3 years ago ! Its not too far up the road from us but I just haven't had the time or inclination to chase it up ( see above for reasons why ! )
I can collect the car for the winning bidder , bring it back to the shop and it could be collected at the same time as a kit or be delivered with a kit , stripped for you , whatever ...... I can store it for a few weeks , no problem ....

No fee , just a drink towards the extra fuel used for taking a trailer would be cool....
Old 4th June 2012, 15:58

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot link View Post

No fee , just a drink towards the extra fuel used for taking a trailer would be cool....
Gary, I think I can see where you are going wrong mate!

--------------

To get as far as you have with these projects with no financial backing in this country, and certainly in the current economic climate, is not short of a miracle and I think you can be proud of the Spyder / Cordite product. I hope the G46 (Mk2?) also develops into a worthy product too.

I'd guess there are a fair few people around with pretty little open top (& damp) sports cars that would not be in the happy position of kit car ownership had you not created the range and we are perhaps fortunate that for every Spyder / Cordite there is gracing our B roads there is one less Cobra / Seven clone.
Old 4th June 2012, 16:46

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE
I'd guess there are a fair few people around with pretty little open top (& damp) sports cars that would not be in the happy position of kit car ownership had you not created the range...[/QUOTE]

That's certainly true in my case. I'd always wanted a classic Porsche replica - a 356 Speedster, 718 RSK or early 911 (never really liked the 550 though), but knew that I would never be able to justify the £14 to £16K necessary to build one properly. Just as I'd resigned myself to building a beach buggy Gary turns up with a car that looks every bit as stylish as the Porsche replicas (to my eye), with a realistic build cost of less than a third of the average kit car.

As for the delays in filling G46 orders, that's the nature of the automotive industry at every level I fear. I once bought a very expensive new motor car from a franchised dealer. Having paid a sizeable deposit delivery dates came and went, phonecalls went unanswered and sales people evaporated when I went into the dealer to find out what was happening. Which turned out to be the dealer going into recievership. I eventually got my car but there was a long period where I thought thousands had gone down the Swanney.

Buying something as left field as a Sammio is always going to be more of a risk than playing it safe with a Caterham, but I feel what Gary needs sometimes is a little patient prompting rather than a browbeating. I think he's done pretty well staying in business this long and selling, and, crucially actually supplying as many Spyders as he has so I'd like to think you'll get your G46's eventually. Even if I don't think they'll ever be as pretty as a Spyder...

Anyway, that's me done with the soap box for now. Next!
Old 4th June 2012, 20:42

Nick59 is on a distinguished road

Not many people can find a job that is their hobby and when the enjoyment goes its time to change things.
Done the work/ home life thing and ended up on my own!....so hope things settle back down and you can get the fun back into "work".
Old 4th June 2012, 20:54

Welsh 46r is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the reply Gary . i hadn't realised things had been so challenging. hope you can start enjoying work again soon . and i do appreciate that the only way many of us will get the style of car we want is through the work you and mike are doing there .
Old 4th June 2012, 20:58

Thank You ....
Old 4th June 2012, 21:14

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

I am okay to move back a slot in the G46 queue if it helps. Of course you might prefer my cash. Email me as to when you want to give me the shell. We can agree this via email rather than the forum. Top job so far.
Cheers
Wca
Old 6th June 2012, 13:03

craigt is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a great plan Gary and having met Andy at Stoneleigh can fully understand why you choose him for the job.

Do you think things will be in place at Preston for me to be able to collect my Cordite package from there as it will be a massive plus for me if I can as i'm in Manchester?

If it means being put back a couple of weeks then that's no problem

Cheers
Old 6th June 2012, 20:09

I will get Andy to message you .....

Gary
Old 8th June 2012, 09:49

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

Hi all, and thanks for all the positive messages.

Sorry I've not been as active on the forum this last week as I have usually been but I took a week away from the computer to put my own ship in order once I took the Sammio helm.

Things are moving, some more tectonically than others but my own processes are largely in place, the web site is launched, and will continually be improved, both technically and in content, the unit in Preston has been set up and I'm working with couriers to work out a delivery service at minimum cost passed on to the customer. (This may take a week or so but I'm looking at shipping a few advance kits 'up North' to economise on the transit costs). Of course, as production will, at least for the foreseeable future, be based in Dorset, Gary has kindly offered to continue to act as a distribution point for those customers wishing to collect (or have their kits collected from) his workshop.

As Gary said in his post, we will be working very closely together to maintain and grow the Sammio brand. His real strengths are in the design and build of these fabulous cars and by taking the retail effort away, he will be able to devote his own efforts in that direction. Once the G46 is ready for mainstream sales, I will be negotiating a deal with him to bring the product into the Sammio fold. Until that time, he has orders outstanding which he will be dealing with in Dorset. I hear on the grapevine he has some other ideas that may be developed over the year(s) to enhance the product range but more of that when any of them are ready (Certainly not going to put any pressure on).

I see great value in this forum and will be continuing to contribute and enjoy your company. I will also be starting a thread here and there when I think a customer's point of view will help, such as one I'm about to start regarding a 'bonnet badge'. Feel free to ask any questions regarding this move and, as long as the answer would not have commercial implications, I'll answer as quickly as I can.

Thanks again.
Andy
Old 9th June 2012, 07:13

Patton is on a distinguished road

Hi Andy, nice to meet you at Stoneleigh all be it briefly and I hope every thing goes well, I don't know if Gary has told you I've started a variation on a theme and will be starting a build thread for Skippy 2 the sequal soon, anyway don't trust to luck just work all the best in your endeavours and weather dependent may catch you at Newark? PAT
Old 9th June 2012, 08:42

Thanks Pat, and I hope to catch up soon for a chat about skippy2. As far as Newark is concerned, it's been too quick a transition for me to be ready to put up a stand but I'm hoping (weather and work dependant) to be there myself for at least One and possibly both days. Whilst I'm on here, how many Sammaniacs are likely to be there and what is the consensus of which day you're likely to attend?
Old 21st August 2012, 12:13

mas123mas is on a distinguished road
Default Potenial Sammio Builder

Hi Andy

I have been trying to get on the Sammio sites to get some more info.

I am looking at a Sammio with twin head rests and a centre bar etc......

Can you give me your new contact details as the websites are not working for me.

Not sure if it is the website or my location (Vietnam), I am back in the UK in three weeks.

Would like to talk to you and get some prices.

Regards

Mike
Old 21st August 2012, 21:36

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Hi Mike & welcome,

Hope this helps...

Email: info@sammio.co.uk

Telephone: 07927 175580

Address: Unit 41, SRDC Enterprise Park, Grove Road, Walton le Dale, Preston, Lancs PR5 4AJ

Cheers, Paul.
Old 25th August 2012, 16:51

mas123mas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Hi Mike & welcome,

Hope this helps...

Email: info@sammio.co.uk

Telephone: 07927 175580

Address: Unit 41, SRDC Enterprise Park, Grove Road, Walton le Dale, Preston, Lancs PR5 4AJ

Cheers, Paul.
Sorry Paul

Thought I had posted thanks

Regards

Mike
Old 28th August 2012, 10:13

Those with eagle eyes may have noticed in Nick's G46 build thread that he picked up his kit from Tribute Automotive rather than Gary's workshop and wondered what is going on..
Since I took on the Sammio line, we have been having our fabrication done in Gary's mezzanine area, kindly provided free of charge as an interim measure with a view to giving his space back as soon as we found an alternative. With Gaz taking on the G46, things got far too big to have both little and large shells being produced there so the race was on.
As it happened, Chris Welch of Tribute Automotive offered his spare capacity to enable us to move fabrication of all Sammio marques to his facility, at least for the time being. Chris has been a friend of Sammio for some time, knows Gary well and has been instrumental in some of the pre-production artwork of the Cordite so knows the product as well as any. We have seen and admired the design and standard of his own line of kits, including the ill-fated B**ntl*y lookalike of last year and now the lovely Ferrarish body conversion for the MX5, the MX250:

So we know the Sammio range is in good hands. Many thanks Chris.
Old 28th August 2012, 15:21

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

A good looking car. Even better with a V8 and the correct wheel base.
https://sites.google.com/site/g46wca/for-sale---tvr
;-)