Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > DNA Builds

DNA Builds DNA 250 California builds here

Old 3rd August 2017, 23:47

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by molleur View Post
Here's what my old partner and I have done these past few years.

https://www.cavaliereroadsters.com/
VERY IMPRESSIVE STUFF MATE ...

I love the ''pontoon'' styled car ..thats great ......
Old 4th August 2017, 01:25

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Above love the pontoon racer any mores pics?

Do I remember someone converting the sammio s bigger brother the G46 to pontoon styling or is that a figment of my imagination?
Old 4th August 2017, 01:32

molleur is on a distinguished road

That's all for now, more later.
Chassis jig and two chassis built.
Molds are completed and two bodies done. The photos are of the proto. Believe it or not, that's a Cobra windscreen.
Old 4th August 2017, 09:16

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by redratbike View Post

Do I remember someone converting the sammio s bigger brother the G46 to pontoon styling or is that a figment of my imagination?
I'VE NOT SEEN THAT...But would certainly like to if its out there ..
Old 4th August 2017, 10:13

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by redratbike View Post

Don't remember that, but are you possibly thinking of the picture of a 'Huet Brothers' Dutch special that was posted on the G46 development thread?

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...t=2943&page=13

Can't post a picture I'm afraid as Photobucket are Phucking me around today.

Got to say, Molleur's Pontoon does look the business and will probably outperform the originals too. Nice work.
Old 6th August 2017, 19:24

kevemm is on a distinguished road

Love the 250 /TR what a shame we cant get that in the uk?
Kev
Old 10th August 2017, 08:07

Aus Simmo is on a distinguished road

I don't suppose there is any update on the present/future status of DNA?

I was very impressed with their products and talent. It would be a great shame if they moved on to other ventures. Particularly as they had told me that they were working on a kit for a Fezza 275 (my dream car).

Perhaps if they were less obvious in their references to the original product less heat would be caused. Not really knowing the problem makes it hard to think of a cure sadly.
Old 10th August 2017, 08:44

Barber is on a distinguished road

Looks like the screws have been well and truly turned and heads are well down behind the parapet.
Old 3rd October 2017, 00:11

Pond is on a distinguished road

I also would love to know what the story is, as I spoke to Brian at great length late last year about purchasing a 250 cal kit. I went to Stoneleigh last year specially to see the 250, I even went and got myself a mortgage to pay for the build!! Then suddenly nothing!
I do hope there is a very good reason for this behaviour.
At least, unlike someone here, I didn't go and buy a Z3 (although very nearly)!
On DNA's "new" website there is strangely no phone number, only an info email address. Also DNA have not responded to any threads on DNAOC which is sort of their forum.
Old 30th March 2018, 10:54

budgie is on a distinguished road

Hi all just read through all this thread with interest .. I have 250 kit and a 2.8 Z3 in my unit .. waiting to be built, it was one of the first bodies he produced..

I have been working abroad and just returned.. and intend to build it this year and just need some of the interior bits, obviously I can find them myself but was going to get them from Brian for convenience.

I have just left Brian a message .. not had a reply yet but expecting to.

On the message I did ask him (as all the Ferrari stuff has disappeared from his site), if they had given him a bit of a Tug.. it is a shame if he has gone dark he is a really nice guy and works bloody hard for very little monetary gain..

Will keep and eye on this link :-) V good forum and V educated comments

Is anybody based around Berkshire do you guys ever meet up?
Old 30th March 2018, 17:15

Just dug this up on Design Protection Interesting !!

Design protection in the EU
Directive on the legal protection of designs
To ensure better coexistence and consistency of the systems of design protection in individual EU countries, the EU adopted Directive 98/71/EC on the legal protection of designs in 1998. The objective of the Design Directive is to ensure that registered design rights give the right holder equivalent protection in all EU countries.

Community design protection
Limiting design protection to the territory of individual EU countries could have led to a division of the internal market and would have constituted an obstacle to the free movement of goods. To prevent this, a unitary design right was established by Regulation No 6/2002 on Community design in 2002.

The Regulation brought into being a one-off, inexpensive procedure for registering designs with the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO). Those registering designs are granted the exclusive rights to use the design and to prevent any third party from using it anywhere in the EU for up to 25 years. The Regulation also provided for 'Unregistered Community Designs' that under certain conditions can also benefit from protection from deliberate copying without prior registration with the EUIPO. In both cases, to be eligible for protection, designs must be new and must have an individual character. The aim of the Community design system is to ensure accessible design protection that suits the needs of all types of enterprises in the EU.
Old 30th March 2018, 17:26
Enthusiast

DaveP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgie View Post
Hi all just read through all this thread with interest .. I have 250 kit and a 2.8 Z3 in my unit .. waiting to be built, it was one of the first bodies he produced..

I have been working abroad and just returned.. and intend to build it this year and just need some of the interior bits, obviously I can find them myself but was going to get them from Brian for convenience.

I have just left Brian a message .. not had a reply yet but expecting to.

On the message I did ask him (as all the Ferrari stuff has disappeared from his site), if they had given him a bit of a Tug.. it is a shame if he has gone dark he is a really nice guy and works bloody hard for very little monetary gain..

Will keep and eye on this link :-) V good forum and V educated comments

Is anybody based around Berkshire do you guys ever meet up?
I am sure there is nothing preventing you from your build. I am not going to discuss badges of course. There not that many DNA 250s around now so yours is quite 'rare'. Enjoy the build. There are a few people in Berkshire with 250SWBs or other kits so there would be some like minded people about Im sure

Thanks

Dave
Old 3rd April 2018, 16:11

Thanks for the encouragement .. I have all main bits and to be honest I quite like sourcing and making bits .. so not really a problem ..

I'm not bothered in slightest about any copy-write protection. OME stuff only usually comes up when cars are blatantly offered for sale by an auction house or dealer with badges .. I remember when you could not buy Ferrari badges without taking the Log Book with you to Marranello in Staines

Last edited by budgie; 4th April 2018 at 12:27..