Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 10th March 2016, 08:40

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

I will be interested in hearing his exhaust note and comparing.

I notice the routing for the pipes is different for the left and right pipes. I am guessing this is because of the diff and other bits. My fabricator faced the same issue but managed to get symmetry by creating a smaller back box with 1 in 2 out for the pipes.

This gives a visually more harmonious exhaust pipe routing. Possibly freer flowing and better sounding but not sure about that bit. It also gives lots of room to split the pipes from singles to doubles each side.

Just a thought in case you wanted to suggest it to Matt
Old 10th March 2016, 08:54
Enthusiast

Nubodi Automotive is on a distinguished road

Its a fair point, I will mention it to him. He has had a Powerflo and Longlife franchise for 13 years and done literally thousands of installs (sometimes 4 a day he said) so is experienced. However as I have found after 35 years of building cars and bikes you learn new stuff every day. Exhaust headers have to be the same length for harmonious running but from there back it makes no difference except for looks.

I notice on your car and Bryns they used those horrible D-shape clamps, I used on mine the Mikalor (Supra type) stainless clamps which look classier, wont rust and do not de-form the pipe. Bryn wants us to change to this type and paint the system heat resistant black (except the tailpipes) like the original also. It will be impossible to notice anyway then.
What did you pay for your system by the way, just to get a comparison?
Old 10th March 2016, 09:21

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubodi Automotive View Post
We are working on a chrome trim package for the windscreen which will be on Scott Akister's car at Stoneleigh. Hes having Tex stainless arms modified (with chrome wiper blades) and fitted as we speak.
I found it cheaper take the original arms to be chromed.
Old 10th March 2016, 09:38

Mikewade is on a distinguished road

Who chromed them for you, and can you give us a rough idea of the cost?

By the way, I've just seen some stainless sumex 20" wiper blades which look like they will fit (but will need the 'Razer blade' bits cut off).
Old 10th March 2016, 10:56

smash is on a distinguished road

Yep 20" chromed stainless and chromed original arms is the cheapest option but you've still got to split the arm from the cast extension to chrome it which will mean drilling the pin out. I think the Sumex wipers are about £35 a pair plus your chroming?

I went the Tex route because they look period that's all - I've gone 16" blade because the 20" is way too big and modern for me plus, tbh, I thought they look a bit blingy (says the man with possibly the most blingy wire wheels on the planet!).

SWB wipers run 14" blades.

It's the same with the wiper arm - just a very modern chunky arm with a modern fitment - nothing wrong with it, it's just period look I want at the end of the day and a bit more "disguise"

I've gone traditional bayonet fit. So the Tex arm is replacing the original arm on the 4" cast extension that actually bolts to the wiper motor. This extension actually polishes up really nicely.

The idea is to have them parked slightly up show they show at a slight angle above the bonnet line - it's purely aesthetics as I'll have lost some of the function with shorter blades plus added to the cost!

They came direct from Tex (excellent people to deal with) and cost £90 all in. Was it worth it? No idea! We'll find out in a few weeks...

Last edited by smash; 10th March 2016 at 11:25..
Old 12th March 2016, 19:17
Enthusiast

Here's a video of the car not moving or any overun crackles but you get the idea!

Old 12th March 2016, 20:26

obr is on a distinguished road

That sounds awesome!

Quote:
Here's a video of the car not moving or any overun crackles but you get the idea!

Old 24th March 2016, 06:44

Quick up date on the wiper arms - do not, I repeat do not go down the tex arm swap route!

Seems like such an easy idea but has been massively problematical ending up with remaking the bottom of the Tex arms. it's not economically viable.

Stick with Roadsters solution of chroming the original arms and maybe adapting the end to a bayonet fit so you can fit retro wipers.
Old 9th April 2016, 07:34

Quote:
Of course we paint the inside of the bootlid! You have seen enough of our work now to know that?
Just seen this - *ahem* didn't do mine -
Old 9th April 2016, 08:55
Enthusiast

I know how eager you were to do some work yourself so you could have some input.

Also "Is it ready yet, is it ready yet, is it ready yet?" did contribute a bit LOL
Old 9th April 2016, 09:08

I never once said is it ready yet you cheeky fucker!

9 days refit post paint you asked for and 9 days you got - and you didn't have to fit the mouth/spots either
Old 9th April 2016, 09:27
Enthusiast

You did get much more extra than most (for free) so we ran out of time. Worth a try though
Mr CF
Old 9th April 2016, 10:35

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

You can't fault the work done by Nubodi ! Everything takes time and bespoke cars are one of the most time consuming things of them all. I have around 1200 hours into my Triumph Roadster project and will need at least another 500 to finish it . 9 days goes by in the blink of an eye !
Old 9th April 2016, 10:43
Enthusiast

Thanks for the support Lucky
Me and Scott normally do this friendly banter via text but it spilled over to the forum. Its just a fun thing we do.
Thanks for reminding people though that we are limited in the time we have...I remember spending a year or two on one car!
Old 9th April 2016, 12:27

Don't panic Mr Lucky it's all banter - doesn't work quite as well on forum! And he's nailed me on the Jack hole cover fitting - damn! Richard'll tell you I asked how much but he said no charge. Don't ask don't get

Last edited by smash; 9th April 2016 at 12:38..