humm.... Vincent does sound familiar.. it was V.nice whatever it was and i do like the Door Handles as a possible for the Miglia!
Lots of build progress this weekend, but not many photos to show for it.
The lowered floor pans turned up!
I've decided to use the alloy ones at the front (to look a bit posher!) at least for the moment and those along with the new glass fibre rear ones from Mike have now been trimmed, and bonded and bolted in place!
This means that the frame is now finally all bolted down and the fun can really begin.
(Note: pic above taken before these next "adjustments")
I then realized that i'd mounted the seat belt mount points on the wrong side of the frame
so i cut them off and re-welded them on the front instead...
I've also re-adjusted the steering mounting so that I've got space to fit the dash gauges.
The front of the bulkhead also got bonded and riveted in place and I've mounted the starter solenoid as the first point of starting wiring everything up:
The plan from here is:
1) Trial fit body so that i can adjust the exhaust length and fit new exhaust bracket. fyi, i'm reusing the original one, at least for now, as it's very nice!
2) Finish fabricating the bulkhead, as that will allow me to..
3) Re-fit all of the wiring.
4) Run the last leg of the clutch and brake lines to the servos, that means that i can stop it once I've started it (always useful!!)
5) Adjust the steering column.
By doing all of that i will then have a running and driving moon-buggy and once i'm at that stage i will consider fitting the body! As i'm not making the same mistake as with the Sammio and doing that inside the garage!
How long to do all of this?? Fingers crossed, by next weekend?