Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Old 30th October 2010, 22:26
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road
Default Marlin News Snippet - New Sportster

There is a little bit of news about the 'new' Sportster on Total Kit Car this week.....

http://www.totalkitcar.com/news.php

Quote... Steve Hole (TotalKitCar) writes....

"Good to see Marlin Cars exhibiting at Exeter last weekend…as they haven’t been at a show for quite a while.
Bossman, Mark Matthews had his 5EXi racecar/demonstrator on display, which he races successfully in the Castle Combe GT Series.
He also told me about some developments to the under-rated Sportster model, one of my favourite kitcars, especially when powered by BMW E46 M3 engine (delivering 343bhp) and the model now sports a revised, folding windscreen, slightly re-styled body and new weather-equipment."

There is, what looks like, an M3 donor in the background of one of Nigel's pictures of his donor so it should be an interesting new demo car.

....peter
Available from eBay
Old 31st October 2010, 09:14
Enthusiast

Patrick is on a distinguished road

The back end will need some modification to take that power. E46 back end is vastly different to the E30 anyway so if they're going for single donor that will all need reworking anyway.
Old 1st November 2010, 20:07

NigelB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterux View Post
There is, what looks like, an M3 donor in the background of one of Nigel's pictures of his donor so it should be an interesting new demo car.

....peter
It is an M3 and Mark told me it was the donor for a Sportster he is building for a customer who is letting him use it as a development platform. I think he means a folding roof, not a folding windscreen - at least that's what mark spoke to me about!!

I'm going down to Marlin in a couple of weeks time to pick up some bits and Terry has said today that the car will be there. I'll take some pictures as its E36 based and I need some clues to help me on the way with mine. So I'll post them on Flickr when I get back.

Nigel

Last edited by NigelB; 1st November 2010 at 20:09.. Reason: Added roof comment
Old 2nd November 2010, 20:36
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelB View Post
It is an M3 and Mark told me it was the donor for a Sportster he is building for a customer who is letting him use it as a development platform. I think he means a folding roof, not a folding windscreen - at least that's what mark spoke to me about!!

I'm going down to Marlin in a couple of weeks time to pick up some bits and Terry has said today that the car will be there. I'll take some pictures as its E36 based and I need some clues to help me on the way with mine. So I'll post them on Flickr when I get back.

Nigel
Should be interesting!
Maybe Mark has a new folding windscreen to match and fit to the new folding roof? (Or maybe Steve Holes notes were a bit confused. I guess as a journalist he scribbles notes all day and then trys to make sense of it when back home in his office.)
The folding hood will be an interesting addition.
With mine you have to be a weather forecaster so that you can allow enough time to stop and erect the hood before it starts raining!

And if I've decoded the Registration number correctly Mark's donor car is a 1998 3.2 litre M3 - which according to Wiki is 316 BHP

Last edited by peterux; 2nd November 2010 at 22:52.. Reason: addtional donor info