Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 8th January 2017, 08:58

zagmad is on a distinguished road

Just a few bits to get. Got to sort number plate holder,number plate lights. Reflective strip or reflector for night time parking and where to put it. Wheel arch fittings.
Old 8th January 2017, 09:02

Bits like the lining in the arch. Think the mx5's should be ok just need a place to attach from so it can be unclipped or unscrewed for maintenance. Bought a new runaround to save my knees from the achingly cold winter.
Old 16th January 2017, 16:59

The wheels on my Alf are rota flashbacks originally with black centres and shiny dish. I toned them down to give it a more retro mod look.
Old 1st February 2017, 14:59

Went tribute HQ for a couple of days. Had an attempt at making a boot shaped panel and success it fills the gap. Just needs glueing and filling and smoothing. Gonna pop back in April,got a week off so can have another go and try fill the gaps on the arches. Was a bit fiddly but its all the effort on all the small details that make the big difference. Its in keeping with Alfa style and of the concepts of its time. Eg the 2200 coupe concepts of 67-9.
Old 1st February 2017, 19:51

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagmad View Post
Its in keeping with Alfa style and of the concepts of its time. Eg the 2200 coupe concepts of 67-9.
Sorry, but could you provide some pics or more details of the 2200 coupe concepts that you're talking about please. Sadly, the only 2200 concepts I could find from the late 60's were these two beauties -

...that eventually morphed into the BMC 2200 Land Crab that sadly lost all the obvious visual pizazz of these stunning concepts....
Old 1st February 2017, 20:19

Hehehe. Sorry meant 2600 speciale. If you find the right pics its in a light metallic green. Don't know why I thought 2200. Might be under concept 2600 Alfa .one also in 1963 keeps coming up. When I did some research before. The back end on that reminded me of the duette convertible sleek lines down the boot.
Old 1st February 2017, 20:20

The boot lid is almost as long as the bonnet.
Old 1st February 2017, 20:50

Ooooh, that's better -

Old 1st February 2017, 20:58

See not a bad looking machine. I knew from the start the boot wouldn't match up so I went down the prototype route and found the masterpiece above in my research. And how to use what was available from the Alfa parts list. Big boot not such a bad thing when it finishes the lines off so well.
Old 1st February 2017, 21:07

As far as the build goes the outline is their just filling in the gaps. The 1.6 engine coughed into action yesterday so that was positive .
Old 1st February 2017, 22:27

Thing with prototypes is that only one is usually made so their quite rare. And style cues are used into mainstream. Bit like getting feedback from the public and seeing how the design language is received by potential customers for the future. Bit like the Montreal
Old 2nd February 2017, 07:39

The Alfa 2600 concept has a touch of the Razor Edge Karmann Ghia about it, which also has a big rear end -

Nothing wrong with a big rear end though, just ask Benny Hill's character in The Italian Job*, he liked 'em, big...

*The excellent original film, not the shyte American one with German Minis and wooden actors.

edit - Oh, and no discernible plot.
Old 2nd February 2017, 08:40

redratbike is on a distinguished road

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ixb5YiscjMQ

Old 6th February 2017, 16:49

Think I might have a go at sanding the bumpers and filling around the bonnet raise in April. Its painful seeing it rusting away but that's life.
Old 19th March 2017, 10:45

This year is the cut off for my project if its not finished by September it comes back home as is. Looking forward to April to get as much done. Got a week to get as much done then doing some filling and sanding. Got couple of weeks off in September as well so can use one week to get it further along as well. Really like the Alfa lines crisp and sharp .
Old 30th April 2017, 14:52

Success. Got some of the panels lined up and screwed down. Going back next week to line up the front wings and put some support in the front panel. Next will be the roof. The donor is wider than the classic car it looks like so matching them up has been a challenge but came up with a solution eventually. Curved side window. Did have angled windows but detracts from the classic lines subtle but sorts the clash .
Old 30th April 2017, 14:58

Just a few things to sort. Fill roof,fill bumper gaps,panel gaps,straighten the front headlight grill,create some sort of arch lining,make place for the reg plate lights,glue wings and arches,line up door and wing tops,create connection from sill to front wings, set up head light base so it points in right direction. 5 months to go.
Old 30th April 2017, 21:47

obr is on a distinguished road

Good stuff, glad to see you making progress.
Old 9th May 2017, 17:56

Managed to get hold of the top panel of the rear screen. So if all goes well can fit an original rear glass with demist panel. Ive got a metal bottom section from classic Alfa and a bottom section from a classic Alfa restoration company that also make the fibreglass panels. Result £140. At last can get the roof sorted. Going to the HQ later this week to do some more tinkering
Old 11th May 2017, 19:17

Didn't get much done today but finally the metal top panel arrived and have bodged it so lines up with the polycarbonate glass. Back in June to do some filling and sanding. Trying to work out how to get the bonnet to work. May have to use some small bonnet hinges.