Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Miglia Builds and discussion

Miglia Builds and discussion Miglia bodied builds

Old 26th June 2014, 21:06

Barry Stard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc F View Post
I am not sure a picture at this stage would help Mike's marketing, as my car is the pre-production version (ie this is the cut and shut version - so not entirely photogenic). One of my discussion points with Mike is around getting it painted, as I reckon it will be a far better advert to show off the painted shell on the chassis, rather than a dusty and sanded raw shell as currently. Don't worry - we'll get there in time.

And related to this, my new "rear end" hasn't been completed yet, but when it comes this will make my Miglia a very tastry little car indeed I reckon.
Any photo's yet Marc?
Old 27th June 2014, 08:40

garyh is on a distinguished road

come on Mike, please authorise some photos... we all know the quality of your work. This thread could fit on a floppy disc...
Old 27th June 2014, 11:10

Marc F is on a distinguished road

Patience. Mike and I have been chatting this week and your patience will be rewarded :-) Trust us on this.
Old 28th June 2014, 11:21

PJ GRABOWSKI is on a distinguished road

Posted 03/26/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmiglia View Post
Sorry guys , i will show you the body 100 percent after weekend.
Boy , the weekends just drag here on the East Coast. :-)
Genuinely looking forward to seeing this example.
Old 28th June 2014, 18:53

Don't forget that Mike has a business other than Miglia's to make. And the Spit version needs a new subframe - unlike the Herald chassis. So more head scratching involved.
Old 28th June 2014, 19:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc F View Post
Don't forget that Mike has a business other than Miglia's to make.
?????
Old 28th June 2014, 21:13

EL PRIMER is on a distinguished road

FYI Barry - Mike does other glasswork including fabricating and repairs of various vehicles , not just kits he makes panels and items that are not kit related particularly , he produces a body for another kit supplier and does repair work , including body and paint on a local firm's Camper hire fleet as well.That is very nearly a full time job in itself.

He and his little team are kept very busy and the Miglia stuff is only a small part of the bigger picture.
Old 28th June 2014, 22:25

mikmiglia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Stard View Post
?????

Good evening boring Barry
Old 28th June 2014, 22:38

Quote:
Good evening boring Barry
Good evening Mike. Any photo's?
Old 29th June 2014, 06:31

Old 29th June 2014, 19:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL PRIMER View Post
FYI Barry - Mike does other glasswork including fabricating and repairs of various vehicles , not just kits he makes panels and items that are not kit related particularly , he produces a body for another kit supplier and does repair work , including body and paint on a local firm's Camper hire fleet as well.That is very nearly a full time job in itself.

He and his little team are kept very busy and the Miglia stuff is only a small part of the bigger picture.
Thankyou El primer for the info. That would explian a lot. Honesty, I find, is the best policy for most. It sounds like you know mike quite well. I take it that they are classic VW campers?
Old 3rd July 2014, 11:54

All sorts Barry , he has done classic camper work and regularly fixes a fleet of new campers that seem to return from every outing with a scar or two.
He has currently got a couple of classic fibreglass cars in there on the go as well as the Miglia builds.

FYI . when I spoke to Mike a few weeks back he told me has 2 Spit based bodies in the shop at present , so progress has clearly happened and when I saw him last week he told me it was all hands on deck to get the Spit build sorted. ( MarcF's )

I believe from your earlier mumblings on here that you are not too far away from Miglia. With fear of repetition , why don't you just go and have a look ?
Old 3rd July 2014, 12:02

I am soooo excited :-)

And yes, Mike has been keeping me updated on latest developments, so it will be good to see at the end of the day. But I am very conscious of Mike's "Proper" commitments so I have been happy to let him set the pace. I know that may frustrate others, but I have enough stress in my day job not to need to get excited about a fun project like this. When I entered into it with Mike we both agreed up front that it would be an experiment, and so I always knew Mike would have to "play around" to sort the many problems that would arise. And as part of that, I knew that his day job would need to take precedence, along with other paying work. The (rather small) cheque I gave him back in December was never going to keep him fed for long, so that was the "contract" I entered into with Mike. He has played fair with me all along, so I will once again stress patience for everyone else. I know people expect instant gratification in this day and age, but the last thing Mike needs to do is show a half arsed mock up, which could damage his reputation.

But Barry, if you are local, then that would be a good idea for you - go and have a chat with Mike - he is a great guy to deal with, and you would feel reasured.

Cheers all. It is great to see the interest this project has generated, and it is good to see the "full size" Miglias that others are building - very inspirational for me. I have bought myself a space heater as I know I will be in the garage through winter getting mine ready, but it will be worth it next year when I trek down to Le Mans in it :-)
Old 8th July 2014, 18:45

Saw one of the Spitfire based Miglia bodies yesterday .So can confirm they do exist !
Old 8th July 2014, 19:19

Quote:
Saw one of the Spitfire based Miglia bodies yesterday .So can confirm they do exist !

Nice to see you again Yestaday, and thanks for your order .
Old 8th July 2014, 19:36

rattler is on a distinguished road

I have seen it and very nice it is to hi mike all home safe and sound ta for the info. you will soon need a biger unit . I found a set of wire /w so I am ok now . is it on the web/site yet rattler
Old 8th July 2014, 21:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler View Post
I have seen it and very nice it is to hi mike all home safe and sound ta for the info. you will soon need a biger unit . I found a set of wire /w so I am ok now . is it on the web/site yet rattler
Hi Dave, i will get it on this week mate. You would believe the amount of people that have contacted me over seeing your car in France. A man called Rob called in and ordered a kit on Saturday . He said he spoke to your son in law in France at the race and asked about a Miglia. He is going to fit a Alfa twin can engine into her.
Old 9th July 2014, 09:41

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
He is going to fit a Alfa twin can engine into her.
Mmmmm...
Old 9th July 2014, 11:03

That will be interesting. I have a Lancia Twin Cam waiting to fit, but first the plan is to bed my car in with the Spit lump. The nice thing about the twin cam (beyond power) is a five speed box.
Old 10th July 2014, 21:22

Quote:
So you ordered a kit El Primer? Did you take any pictures?