Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 10th August 2015, 13:07

hurnleft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
Looking good Bob, nice to see you out and about enjoying your car. Event looks to be well attended - I'll have to make the effort to go next year.
The event was heaving with probably over 1000 hot rods, customs and classic American cars. Well worth the trip.

One thing I did notice when I got home was that the inside of the boot was very hot (my wife was unimpressed to say the least with my hot dirty socks!) I'll look into either a heat shield on the exhaust or making a vent in the rear panel to dissipate the heat.

Cheers, Bob.
Old 10th August 2015, 20:07

redratbike is on a distinguished road

It didn't look out of place sitting with the rods did it
Old 13th August 2015, 18:54

smash is on a distinguished road

Looks bloody brilliant on the move!
Old 1st September 2015, 07:55

Did nothing on the car this weekend apart from stuff it full of camping gear for a weekend trip to the Street Rod nationals in Ipswich.
The car performed as well as ever, with different days where the air con and the wipers/demisters were needed.

We got 12 club cars in a row on the showfield to show our eclectic mix. Everything from American classics and hot rods, slingshot dragster to VW, and a Waynes World replica to a Fiat 600.

I put a little notice in my window to save answering all the questions. It worked as I'm told the sign was often photographed.

Cheers, Bob.

Old 1st September 2015, 08:08

ericholm is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi Bob, car looks great in that line up, looks like you might have dodged the rain also! Is that a Chevette I see a white one? I learnt to drive in one of those ha ha. Showing my age.
Old 1st September 2015, 08:46

The Chevette, a very rare 2 door saloon, belongs to Jack, one of our younger club members. He's the son of Keith who has the green/silver '32 coupe (amongst other things) so he's been brought up right.

Dry Friday, hot Saturday, dull but a good walking about temperature on Sunday but horrible for packing up tents and the trip home on Monday. So all in the right order really.

This is Pete's car. Collected last week and his first chance for a little ride. It's Supercharged jaguar powered…and very loud.

Normally he just drives this much more sensible old Morris 14.

Cheers, Bob.
Old 1st September 2015, 08:49

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericholm View Post
Hi Bob, car looks great in that line up, looks like you might have dodged the rain also! Is that a Chevette I see a white one? I learnt to drive in one of those ha ha. Showing my age.
Looks like fun, shame I was getting all hot and bothered in the blazing sunshine in Zante over the weekend or I'd have gone myself.

The white car does look like a Chevette, I remember those although most of my mates had Vivas and VX 4/90's.

I took my test in one of these -

In fact that's my examiner having a word with me after the 'reversing round the corner' manoeuvre...
Old 1st September 2015, 09:07

IanA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurnleft View Post
...This is Pete's car. Collected last week and his first chance for a little ride. It's Supercharged jaguar powered…and very loud...
Hope he modifies the "Richard Hammond Death Trap" roll cage.
Old 1st September 2015, 16:19

someone over on retrorides posted a load of pics up of the show yours was amongst them and someone asked about the swb replica so i added a link to your and erics builds and also mentioned tribute automotive and nubodi
Old 1st September 2015, 16:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by redratbike View Post
someone over on retrorides posted a load of pics up of the show yours was amongst them and someone asked about the swb replica so i added a link to your and erics builds and also mentioned tribute automotive and nubodi
Thanks for that, I'll have a look at the photos.

Cheers, Bob.
Old 1st September 2015, 23:34

Was about to post a link but see that you found it
Old 7th September 2015, 10:01

Pininfarina badges with side repeaters

I bought these a while ago but will not be using them so they can be sold.

From an Alfa Romeo 164

SOLD

Thanks, Bob.

Last edited by hurnleft; 15th September 2015 at 12:08..
Old 15th September 2015, 12:22

Not much to report as I've been at the Hot Rod Drags this weekend so don't get round to doing much on the car at the minute.

I've made the boot stay, which works well, using a cut and bent bonnet stay and a few bits I had lying around. Not much to look at but when the boot's all tidied, painted and carpeted it will look fine.

I've bought yet another steering wheel. The first was when I was going for a more modern look, so that was sold again. The one on there now is a nice wood rim but a bit modern looking and being 13" it nicely blocks out the indicator warning lights, which as the boss doesn't self cancel is inconvenient.

This one is an old 15", much more suitable and when I've drilled it for the boss, cleaned and varnished it and made a centre cap, should look fine. Just the sort of small fiddling about job I enjoy.
Old 15th September 2015, 13:31

mobilerobbie is on a distinguished road

15"is a perfect size for a beamer, you can actually see all the dials...
Old 26th September 2015, 17:16

After a period with little progress, I've moved things on a bit this week.

Yesterday I collected a black dashboard and lower panels and will soon be getting black seats and carpets from the same guy. It's going to be a lot easier than recolouring the beige stuff I have.

He has an M series Z3 which he bought stripped so bought another Z3 for parts for it. Then another, and another. This is just a hobby so he admits he's not the fastest at getting things sent, but he has quite a lot of stuff for sale including a hardtop. He may also be interested in a p/x deal with items we don't need My panels all got sold in one lot but he's doing a deal with my beige interior as I won't want it.
Contact is Les 07768418494. He's near Hunstanton in Norfolk.

I've started restoring the new steering wheel which I hope will look good when done. My original wood rim will be for sale eventually for £30 if anyone's interested.

Today I've been at a mate's (Thanks Graham) having some fibreglass work done. Finishing off with a little filler is still needed but I'm pleased with how it's turned out so far.

The bonnet was fixed in place and adjusted with wooden wedges to get it and the surrounding panels reasonably level. It was then fibreglassed in place from the rear but leaving a groove to give the impression that the bonnet still opens. An idea which came from Andy (Ericholm)

The rear reflectors have been relocated in a cut out next to the rear lights. I hope the new cutout will with flow with the same curves as the original light housings when finished.

A spot light has been set into a mould in the rear panel which will be the new reverse light. (the original rear fog light will later be relocated out of sight).

That's all for now folks.

Cheers, Bob.

Last edited by hurnleft; 26th September 2015 at 19:28..
Old 26th September 2015, 17:38

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

Your drive needs weeding but the rest looks good
Old 26th September 2015, 19:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident View Post
Your drive needs weeding but the rest looks good
I'll tell my wife what you said about her geraniums and tell the blackbirds, that nest in the ivy, about you as well.

Expect a visit!!

Cheers, Bob.
Old 26th September 2015, 21:51

Great work Bob!, great to to see how you aligned the small bonnet, and the reflector aspects look great also! The back end of your car looks really wide compared with mine. it looks like yours is on steroids

That's a lot of work to do with the interior and all the best with that, and great you found someone that can give you a deal locally.

All the best, great to see the progress.

Cheers
Old 1st October 2015, 16:02

Having a bit of time fiddling about on the car this week.

I've just finished the steering wheel. Not a perfect finish, but I didn't want one as the car is supposed to look like an old road racer with some history.
I've altered the holes in the spokes to loose the small holes where the pads were riveted on. (The shape is nothing to do with any poor measurement when I first drilled them. Oh all right, it is). The centre cap is the surround off an old Lucas rear light lens and a bakalite middle, both of which I found in my auto jumble stock

The new reverse light (an old foglight) is temporarily in and the lip around on the rear panel is built up to suit

This is a racing car wet weather light which was very cheap on ebay (second hand) which I mounted on a bracket which will be fixed across the corner f the roll cage. It will replace the rear fog light. I may fit a cheap hidden swing down one inside the rear panel incase there are issues at MOT time.

I've also started stripping out the inside and will start on the revised centre console when I've read through WCA's thread and borrowed some of his ideas.

Cheers, Bob.
Old 1st October 2015, 16:10

Nice one Bob!, steering wheel looks ace!

How are you going to get the horn working on that wheel?

Andy