Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 31st January 2014, 17:25

PJ GRABOWSKI is on a distinguished road
Default Feel good Forum

Wow guys , just wow !
I have been on a few automotive forums in the past and always been a bit wary of the ''inbiting'' that can occur. This forum is fairly new to me but I think I have gotten the feel of the place. Its just a nice , friendly atmosphere.

I have received a few private messages and emails since I joined and its all really positive.
I have received differing levels of advice and opinion , for which I am grateful and won't disclose everything here but will just touch upon it a little as I appreciate the information.

JMC - As a fellow U.S. citizen I thank you publicly for your shipping info. I think that a ROLLER is my only option really. I cannot afford to spend mega dollars on transport. By going the roller route , we can ship as a non runner on a Motorship , a lot cheaper than freight.

ANDYP57 - Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Your price for my requirements is on the money. I am happy with that costing. Now I need to work out exactly what I want !

MIKMIGLIA - Again , thank you for the quick reply. Your paint price seems good value to me , especially when you explained the degree of preparation required. Thank you for being so honest.
I must admit , I wondered why a guy in Holland was prepared to travel hundreds of miles , driving past lots of shops on route to bring the car to you . When you explained that you were the designer of the original Sammio creation and are clearly a talented guy , it all made sense ! Top work Mike.

Thanks once more to everyone who has liased with me. I think I have found a product and a group that will suit me just fine !
Available from eBay
Old 31st January 2014, 18:53

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Spot on regarding the friendliness of this forum PJ. We've had the odd troll and a bit of bickering about the Spyder vs G46, 'which is best?' debate, but on the whole everyone is polite, knowledgeable and helpful.

If you manage to import and finish one of these cars you're going to have something that will really turn heads across the other side of the pond, the finished articles really punch above their price.

As an example, I took my car, which cost me about $7,500 (US) to the Goodwood Revival meet last September and I didn't feel out of place amongst the mega rich owners of the multi million dollar Ferraris and Gullwing Mercs that pulled up around me, while driving it is an incredibly rewarding experience.

Good luck!

Oh, and nearly forgot to mention but that church is almost 1,000 years older than your country...
Old 1st February 2014, 07:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post

If you manage to import and finish one of these cars you're going to have something that will really turn heads across the other side of the pond, the finished articles really punch above their price.
Couldn't echo that more T. Your car looks great , I have read some of your build listing but not all of it - yet.

I work in the Pharmaceutical industry here in PA. Nothing fancy , I have a small drug store and Pharmacy down townBut I do often have to attend conference meetings with the big guys and the thought of parking this up kerbside at one of my corporate outings really appeals to me !
We also have some superb driver quality roads and scenery just outside town which will be a blast.

I work crappy hrs. have to start work very early often so I value my vacation time. A Ribble Sports will really give me something to fill that time.
( Recently divorced and rediscovering my inner child right now ! )

This whole prodigious world that Mikes initial visionary skills has created is phenomenal in my mind.
An initial idea to create this simple yet brilliant little automobile has opened up a world to guys like myself of a style of car I just felt was unachievable on my level of salary and living standards.
Classic cars of this nature are extremely rare and expensive over here. Most replica's look just that. This beaut stands alone in that field.

Last edited by PJ GRABOWSKI; 1st February 2014 at 07:59..
Old 1st February 2014, 21:03

Picking up on another thread here , Mike would you be able to put up pictures of your workshop for me ?
If my project is heading your way it would be kind of neat to see where shes going to be residing before she heads my way?
The paint bay I guess is going to be her home but if you happen to get any of the other project Miglias in the background , well that would be a home run too !
I saw how much that car made in Germany , thats a true testament to your build ability buddy . Your prep and paint skills truly paid dividends on that one !
It would be kind of cool to see your progress with the others .
I would be very interested to see the Spitfire version too. I have already said I preferred the central cockpit styling of the Ribble as demonstrated in T's picture above , but I am interested to see if the shorter Spitfire version maybe has a similar balance for my eye.
Old 2nd February 2014, 20:57

davecymru is on a distinguished road

One of the reasons I carried on lurking on-ere despite now being an ex-Sammio owner is that I liked how friendly it is. People are open, honest, and freely admit to stealing oneanothers ideas and nobody cares as everyone does their own thing

I look fwd to seeing how your car turns out!