Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Miglia Builds and discussion

Miglia Builds and discussion Miglia bodied builds

Old 11th April 2014, 15:24

Marc F is on a distinguished road

I am not sure a picture at this stage would help Mike's marketing, as my car is the pre-production version (ie this is the cut and shut version - so not entirely photogenic). One of my discussion points with Mike is around getting it painted, as I reckon it will be a far better advert to show off the painted shell on the chassis, rather than a dusty and sanded raw shell as currently. Don't worry - we'll get there in time.

And related to this, my new "rear end" hasn't been completed yet, but when it comes this will make my Miglia a very tastry little car indeed I reckon.
Old 11th April 2014, 15:59

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ GRABOWSKI View Post
... I think the general consensus is that the pictures are not becoming public because there isn't anything to take a picture of...
PJ - Like Dave, I too feel the need to disagree with your statement and put in a good word in for Mike.

He has always been helpful and supportive of my build, and made generous offers of personal help too.

I met him a couple of years ago on my first first to Sammio.

This is another photo of the inside that someone else took of their visit

This is clearly not car building on an industrial, Ford type, scale.

Marc F talks about the "cut & shut" stage and this is similar to the work done by Tribute.

Before:

After:

Personally, I find the fact that Milglia, Ribble & Tribute can all create "something from nothing" amazing.

Clearly Marc F is happy with the work Mike is doing for him, so what exactly is the problem?

I am also looking forward to the photos, but am happy to wait, given how much work goes into actually building the car.

Cheers, Paul.
Old 11th April 2014, 16:03

Yep - that's exactly my point - Mike's red demo car was such a great looking car I think (and hope) that we all want the Spit version to look as good. Once Mike has some good photos of a lovely looking car (hopefully mine) I am sure we can then all enjoy the WIP pictures - but I doubt Ford or BMW would want to keep updating on progress as they proceed. I understand why people in this internet age want up to the minute updates, but Mike's style is different, and I respect his work.

All the best everyone

Marc
Old 11th April 2014, 16:42

PJ GRABOWSKI is on a distinguished road

My point is exactly as outlined above by both of you. I dont want to turn this into a hugely heated discussion but I enquired directly about the Miglia. A Miglia Spitfire car is being offered for sale and I was given the impression they were selling. I asked for pictures of the body before I invested. I was promised some. They have never materialized.
Marc F. you say your car is the first and prototype example. Fair to say then , as its in an unfinished , unphotogenic state ( although any stage of a project is of interest to everyone on here ) that if yours is the first and is pre-production then there are no kits available at this time and nothing to see for quite a while? Would you not agree its a little early to be advertising this product as available and deposits being taken?
Paul L. Thankyou for the pictures. I am not sure of how the external shot of a building and an artistic internal shot of the same building that were taken several years ago when the building was occupied by someone else can add any gas to your argument?
Old 11th April 2014, 17:31

Ok PJ, I am bowing out of this one. All the best.
Old 11th April 2014, 20:03

mikmiglia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My point is exactly as outlined above by both of you. I dont want to turn this into a hugely heated discussion but I enquired directly about the Miglia. A Miglia Spitfire car is being offered for sale and I was given the impression they were selling. I asked for pictures of the body before I invested. I was promised some. They have never materialized.
Marc F. you say your car is the first and prototype example. Fair to say then , as its in an unfinished , unphotogenic state ( although any stage of a project is of interest to everyone on here ) that if yours is the first and is pre-production then there are no kits available at this time and nothing to see for quite a while? Would you not agree its a little early to be advertising this product as available and deposits being taken?
Paul L. Thankyou for the pictures. I am not sure of how the external shot of a building and an artistic internal shot of the same building that were taken several years ago when the building was occupied by someone else can add any gas to your argument?

Grabowski , i understand what your up to , and its obvious yet again your
playing to shit stirring game . But please ,most decent people that have worked out that your a very bored man sat on the end of a laptop being a
pain in the ass.

The other thing is concentrate on Ribble as i wont ever sell you a kit , because i can .

Ps thanks Marc, Dave and Paul for your observation and support and Patience
Old 11th April 2014, 20:23

Patton is on a distinguished road

Mike, bleeding armchair warriors, Pat
Old 11th April 2014, 20:40

rattler is on a distinguished road

please stop it no need for this rubbish rattler
Old 11th April 2014, 20:55

EL PRIMER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler View Post
please stop it no need for this rubbish rattler
I'll second that.

The kit car industry is a bloody hard industry to work in and has an extremely high failure rate. As a sole trader Mike has got a heavy load to carry as it is and this negativity isn't doing him any favours at all.

He simply cannot satisfy everyone all the time.

Its fairly obvious that he has been up to his armpits in straightening out and painting the Sammio from Holland in recent weeks. A car that looks stunning in the pictures by the way. Somewhere in and amongst that he has had kit production and associated work to carry out as well as trying to make sure he has a life as well.

Give the guy a break.

I wasn't going to comment on this as it just brings it back up again but as the last few postings have been supportive , I thought I would add my contribution.

Hopefully this thread can just fade away and we can get back to the harmonious and not just plain ''moany us'' forum I remember
Old 12th April 2014, 08:28

Paul L is on a distinguished road

OK, I'll have one last go at this, then, like Marc F I will bow out too.

Quote:
... Paul L. Thankyou for the pictures. I am not sure of how the external shot of a building and an artistic internal shot of the same building that were taken several years ago when the building was occupied by someone else can add any gas to your argument?...
The photos were (in my mind anyway) simply supporting this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
... This is clearly not car building on an industrial, Ford type, scale ...
In addition, they were also providing you a partial answer to this request you made back on the 1st of February.

Quote:
Picking up on another thread here , Mike would you be able to put up pictures of your workshop for me ?
If my project is heading your way it would be kind of neat to see where shes going to be residing before she heads my way?
Obviously the building is now occupied by someone else and will have Milglias in it, not Sammios.

But the place hasn't grown in size since the handover and the photos show the scale of the operation Mike is running.

I got the impression this was something you wanted to see and was trying to be helpful.

Which leads me to my final point, taken from your post of the 31st January.

Quote:
... I have been on a few automotive forums in the past and always been a bit wary of the ''inbiting'' that can occur. This forum is fairly new to me but I think I have gotten the feel of the place. Its just a nice , friendly atmosphere....
Unfortunately, you now come across as someone "inbiting" on this forum.

Still, I wish you luck with whatever project you choose, Paul.
Old 13th April 2014, 07:33

Psycho pops is on a distinguished road

Sad if this is your first visit to the forum to trawl through one mans crusade to rubbish another..

Those of us who have met and dealt direct with Mike all seem to be of the same opinion, a talented and genuine guy, happy to help and offer support when he can.

Best of luck Mike

Pops
Old 13th April 2014, 09:16

Nice to see some nice comments guys , and its nice to see that most of you on the site isn t on the Forum because they are building cars
Old 13th April 2014, 12:15

adventuresoftimtim is on a distinguished road

Well said, hope we can all draw a line under this and move on!

Mike, looking forward to meeting you at Stoneleigh mate, if you're still hoping to get there. I should be there Sunday and would be great to see the miglia (herald version) up close!
Old 13th April 2014, 17:52

swifty is on a distinguished road

Can some body point me in the direction for either the Moderators or Administrators for this site as i am going to request this thread be removed, don't know if this is possible but i will give it a try, pm me if you wish with the details.

When i started the thread it was simply to see images of a spitfire based Miglia, i was in the market to buy and like to do my home work thoroughly before i commit to handing over a deposit because we all know how rocky the kit car scene can be.

Mike i am sure your a good guy and i wish you all the best in the future and if you get to know me you will know that i am not a shit stirrer or bitch just a guy with high standards who wants to build a great spec/looking 50's based sports car.

Last edited by swifty; 13th April 2014 at 19:50..
Old 13th April 2014, 18:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Can some body point me in the direction for either the Moderators or Administrators for this site as i am going to request this thread be removed, don't know if this is possible but i will give it a try, pm me if you wish with the details.

When i started the thread it was simple to see images of a spitfire based Miglia, i was in the market to buy and like to do my home work thoroughly before i commit to handing over a deposit because we all know how rocky the kit car scene can be.

Mike i am sure your a good guy and i wish you all the best in the future and if you get to know me you will know that i am not a shit stirrer or bitch just a guy with high standards who wants to build a great spec/looking 50's based sports car.
Hi mate , i didn't aim this at you , there are a couple of plonkers on the site that are obviously trying to play the stirring game behind a keyboard.
I am sure and you don't need to explain this your a good guy mate.
I don't really to be honest like forums, and i don't come across always very professional sometimes. Maybe i will hold back and let it run it self.
Old 13th April 2014, 19:49

swifty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmiglia View Post
Hi mate , i didn't aim this at you , there are a couple of plonkers on the site that are obviously trying to play the stirring game behind a keyboard.
I am sure and you don't need to explain this your a good guy mate.
I don't really to be honest like forums, and i don't come across always very professional sometimes. Maybe i will hold back and let it run it self.
Mike This is my first dabble in a forum as i don't do this social media thing but i am a believer in you live and learn. If your at Stoneleigh with the red Herald Miglia i will introduce myself and take a better look at the car.
Old 13th April 2014, 21:22

Nice one , i would like to get to the show. Be nice to have a chat.
Old 13th April 2014, 21:54

Barry Stard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmiglia View Post
Maybe i will hold back and let it run it self.
Probably your best option.

Should maybe see you at Stoneleigh, possibly, workload permitting, logistics can be nightmarish sometimes, unsurprisingly.
Old 14th April 2014, 09:39

I am hoping to get to Stoneleigh as well, so will be good to catch up. But I will see Mike shortly I hope so I will update via a new thread when I can.

Regards

Marc
Old 28th April 2014, 23:00

mas123mas is on a distinguished road

Would like to say that I am over the moon with my Miglia, just wished I had, had the time to fit it to the chassis this time I was in the UK (unfortunately family issues git in the way this time.)

My chassis has been completely welded, strengthened, blasted and not has a hold primer coat on it ready for paint and build when I get back in the UK in a few weeks times.

Mike, keep up the good work.