Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin 5exi builds

Marlin 5exi builds Calling all you sexi builders....sorry 5exi builders, show us your progress.

Old 15th September 2005, 17:41
Enthusiast

dylanp is on a distinguished road
Default First Trackday in 5exi

Just wanted to chare my grins with you lot...

Done a trackday at Brands Hatch today and it was just fantastic!
The track was completely soaked to begin with and contrary to my beliefs, the car behaved extremely well - a little twitchy but very controlable!
The track then dried up and the car was just fabulous! Lets just say that whilst 'giving it some' I could stay in front of Lotus Exiges, Ferrari 360, etc.
Its just unbelievably good round corners and so easy to correct when overcooked - such a joy!

The last track day I did in a sports car was in my TVR Tamora and I can safely say that it just couldn't keep up with the 5Exi on a twisty track...

There you go... Some inspiration for you!
Dylan
Available from eBay
Old 15th September 2005, 18:35
Enthusiast

holgate86 is on a distinguished road
Default Trackday

Hi Dylan,
great to hear you're making full use of your 5exi, I was looking at track days at my local circuit (Croft). There's one this weekend but I can't make it and the next ones in October so I might do it then.
Did you alter anything on the car compared to normal road use.

How do you get on with the hood, i'm told Marlin are fiddling with it to get it perfect which is why i'm still waiting for mine, and it's raining today so I couldn't use it.

all the best mate Brian.
Old 15th September 2005, 19:20
Enthusiast

Dan is on a distinguished road

you lucky man...
Can't wait till I'm in the position to take my car out on the track. Next Spring... Hopefully
Old 16th September 2005, 09:03
Enthusiast

dylanp is on a distinguished road

Hi Brian,

We must do a track day together mate!! Believe me its worth taking the 5Exi round a track - I was amazed at what it can do and how well balanced it is...
Endless fun throwing it round a corner and letting it slide until you catch it again, and again and again

I haven't really altered any settings for the track (but mind you my suspension is set up quite firm anyway - I just prefer it that way..)

Re: hood - I have a hood as of Easter earlier this year... Its taken me through Germany and most of Belgium in pouring rain and it did the job... The only issue I had with the hood was that the side clips were getting undone at very high speeds but Mark has since changed the clips to another kind so this should no longer be an issue.. The hood is water tight when driving but if I leave it getting soaked parked outside it starts to let some drips through (I imagine this is why Mark is coming up with new and improved designs for the hood). As my car is garaged its not really an issue for me..

Regards,
Dylan
Old 17th September 2005, 20:25
Enthusiast

alackofspeed is on a distinguished road

Dylan,

It was good to meet you today, and thanks for the ride in your car around Brands - I am the chap that was knocking around the Marlin garage, with my father, fairly early in the day.

Cheers,

John.