Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 23rd June 2004, 00:36
Kit Car Dreamer

QUARK is on a distinguished road
Default VINDICATOR SPRINT 20Li

HI FOLKS, I'm hoping to buy my first kit car in the new few days.I have a tight budget and want something useable for this summer. I've been offered a Vindicator sprint 20Li which fits the bill quite nicely.However I've been reading a few comments on this forum as well as others and the poor old Vindicator seems to get a hard time.

Is this based on it's looks (beauty is in the of the beholder etc etc) or are there other things I should know before parting with my hard earned?...I've looked at other 7 replicas but as I'm more your rugby player build (6' 1" & 16st) than jockey build.I just cant fit into most of them.The Vindicator on the other hand fits me and seems to drive well.Any feedback would be gratefully received.......Many thanks QUARK
Available from eBay
Old 24th June 2004, 11:14
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Certainly I think the Vindicator Sprint is not one of the better looking cars on the market but at least they tried to be a bit different. I'ts going through a face lift at the moment but I still think it's either a design you either love or hate. The cars that I've seen at shows also suffered from poor fibreglass finish, that may have improved now.

One thing the car has got going for it though is it's reputation as a great handling car, a drivers car. I've not driven one but they are supposed to be well engineered.

Cheers, John

Madabout-kitcars.com
Old 24th June 2004, 17:10
Kit Car Dreamer

QUARK is on a distinguished road
Default THANKS MATE

CHEERS JOHN, That's what I wanted to hear.I don't have a problem with the styling at all and cos I'm quite a big bloke it's one of the few 7 style cars I fit in!
I just wanted to make sure that they weren't a bag of crap to drive or really unreliable.......regards JEZ
Old 28th June 2004, 15:36
Kit Car Dreamer

Spartan_Andy is on a distinguished road

Went round Donnigton park in one last year as a passenger and whilst the speedo said it was only doing 30mph I know this was a lie. I don't know how fast we were going but it was very well mannered and in the 3 laps john butler took me on it never once got out of line but that could be because he wasn't pushing it too hard.

I'm 6' 4" tall and at the time pushing 17 st and I got in the passenger seat no problem plenty of leg room and the seat wasn't even all the way back. If you check out the vindicator website you will notice that the pictures of the redesign are there and most of the parts are designed to be retrofit as well as new build

Website address is available from the kitfinder on this site.