Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Dino 246 Builds and Discussion

Dino 246 Builds and Discussion Da da da da daaa daa da da, ohoho Dino

Old 17th November 2008, 22:44

Mirabeau3000 is on a distinguished road

Sounds interesting..

Do you have a working prototype yet? Might we be seeing some of your creations at any of the shows next year or are you aiming at a different market?

Also, do you have a website or anything we can take a look at?
Old 18th November 2008, 07:56

Crocus is on a distinguished road

The prototype is well under way. The body shell is almost finished and we'll be starting mold production shortly. Our first generation chassis is waiting for the first shell to come out of the molds and no doubt when it arrives we'll need to update the chassis. Thiere isn't a website, infact we're consiously not advertising until we've got a working proto-type.

The market we are aiming for in the initial stages at least will be turn-key, factory built cars only. I'll let everyone who a bit more as soon as we can.
Old 1st December 2008, 07:45

I haven't been involved in the manufacture of the Deon or any revamped version of it. I bought a Deon myself a few years ago and learnt a great deal from it but when it came to designing my own car I started from scratch.
Old 1st February 2009, 12:10

All's going well,

The first parts of the bodyshell are due to go to the moulders at the start of next week. Its expected to take a good 3 months to complete but we're still looking good for a full prototype this year.

We've encountered a lot of technical challenges. For example, the front suspension system has been completely redesigned because of issues we discovered during testing. So at the moment the front of the chassis is being removed ready to be replaced. All part of the process lol.

I'd love to share some pictures once things are finished and tested to our satisfaction.

Regards

Tom
Old 23rd February 2009, 15:23

ringopizza is on a distinguished road
Default Ferrari Dino 246 GTS replica

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybennie View Post
I worked for Classic Replicas in Bridgwater Somerset until 5 weeks ago, they are still trading, not very often will you get an answer when phoning though.
All the best
Andy Bennie
I have just purchased a 246 Dino replica from Classic Replicas based in Bridgwater, Somerset. It has taken 2.5 years to build and was delivered on a trailer two months ago. Not at all happy with the finished article but don't want to go into specifics for legal reasons at moment. Can you tell me anything about the company and how it runs as I am worried about sending the car back to be sorted after parting with £26000 for this vehicle that cannot be used on the road!
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:09

Default Build Manual for Dino replica 246 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len View Post
I also have a J H Classics DGT based on a Lancia Beta. You are correct in that J H Classics went out of business and Deon Cars started to make essentially the same car. I don't think Deon are around anymore but there is a company called Classic Replicas that makes a car very similar to that made by Deon.

I have a build manual that I can copy and send to you if haven't already got one.

Len
I have just purchased a ferrari Dino 246 from Classic replicas. Would you be able to supply a build manual for this vehicle, based on the Lancia with the V6 motor?
Regards
Mark
Old 24th February 2009, 08:07

Default Thanks Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybennie View Post
If you are Peter R I wish you well and hope you are keeping fit and healthy
.Andy
Thanks for reply Andy and you guessed right.
Old 24th February 2009, 20:21

Hi,

What are the problems you've experienced with the replica Classic replicas built for you?
Old 25th February 2009, 08:38

Hi Crocus,
Unfortunately, the problems with the car are currently preventing it from being used on the road, even though it has passed the SVA and been issued the MAC. I am currently trying to resolve the issues with Classic Replicas and therefore do not want to publicly announce all the faults & issues on the forum yet! I can tell you that the vehicle is registered, taxed and insured which makes this whole situation even more frustrating.
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:24

mac is on a distinguished road
Question JH Classics Dino 246 kitcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino246GT View Post
Hi,

I have a J H Classics DGT which is a replica of a Ferrari Dino 246GT and is based on a Lancia Beta. I bought the car a couple of years back needing restoration (it was orignally built around 1990), I have now rebuilt it and am looking for any information anyone has on these cars.

From what I can find on the limited information available it would seem that J H Classics were taken over (or the moulds were sold to) Deon Cars but I can't verify this as they have also disappeared.

I am after any information that any one may have on these cars, if anyone has a build manual that I could borrow and copy (a long shot I know!), then I would be eternally greatful!

Any help that anyone can give would be really appreciated as at present I don't even know where the master cylinder comes from (as it doesn't seem to be a lancia beta one).

I have attached a picture of the car in an almost finished state (prior to the retrim and wheel centres being fitted.

Thanks fall all you help.

Regards

Andrew Smith
Hi Andrew, I have the same problem as yourself. I have bought a JH Classics Dino with a 2ltr lancia engine. The car needs loads of work but I have no idea what some of the parts have come from donor wise. Did you ever track down a build manual or any parts info for the car, if you did I would be greatful to hear from you.

Regards Mac.
Old 3rd April 2009, 21:34
Kit Car Dreamer

Dino246GT is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I never did manage to find any info.

As far as i'm aware the rear uprights and discs are Beta front with the rear callipers fitted. I believe the front are Fiat 124/Lada.

The petrol tank sender is from a Mini Van/Estate/Pickup with an extra bit added on.

I really need to know where the radiator and wiper motor are from.

If you manage to find anything out let me know and I will do likewise.

Regards

Andrew Smith
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:39

The radiator is from an Allegro but requires some modification the part number is SM-001 and the wiper motor is from the back of a Fiat Panda. That's from the Build manual so the information is only as good as the manual. I can't vouch for it personally I've never had to test it out for myself.

If anyone else needs to know anything just give me a nudge.

Kind regards

Tom
Old 4th April 2009, 10:14

Hi Tom & Andrew,

Looking at some of the paperwork & receipts that came with mine it would seem as though you are right. I have a receipt for recon lancia discs and callipers and front lada discs and callipers also the steering column is from a marina and I have heard that the wiper is from a panda. I need to change the front track rod end ball joints so I need to know what they are. Also none of the dashboard gauges work. I will post any info as and when I find out.

All the best
Mac.
Old 4th April 2009, 20:41

HI Mac

Track rod ends are from a Fiat 132 part number 5995268, if you send me your e-mail address I'll scan the parts list and send it to you.

Kind Regards

Tom
Old 5th April 2009, 18:43

Hi Tom,

Thankyou very much for your reply to my post and your kind offer to send me the parts list, I very much appreciate it. My email is brianr23@hotmail.com
I look forward to hearing from you.

Very best regards
Mac.
Old 5th April 2009, 20:48

Hi Mac

Sorry about this but I've just found out my scanner isn't working with 64bit xp. I upgraded my pc a couple of months back and I never thought to check it until now. Soon as I get round to solving the problem I'll scan those pages for you but meanwhile anything you need to know just message me.

Regards

Tom
Old 10th April 2009, 17:02

simmos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocus View Post
Hi Mac

Sorry about this but I've just found out my scanner isn't working with 64bit xp. I upgraded my pc a couple of months back and I never thought to check it until now. Soon as I get round to solving the problem I'll scan those pages for you but meanwhile anything you need to know just message me.

Regards

Tom

Hello Tom,
I have a JH classics Deon Mirabeau, i take it all the mechanical parts are the same.
Could you please email me a parts list also when you can.

Regards.
Old 11th April 2009, 09:12
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Seems that there are a few Dino builders/owners out there all needing answers to varous questions, would you guys be happy to have a dedicated section in the forum for your cars as per the Marlin 5Exi and Sportster rather than just a thread. Could either be dedicated to the JH/Deon Dino or broadened out to other Italian replicas.

What do you think?

John

Madabout
Old 6th June 2009, 12:18

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road

hi,new on here.Stumbled across this site while looking for pcd adaptors for dino wheels.I own the last deon to come from the deon factory-smuggled out after the company went into administration!!
Kit was stored for around sevenish years and I've been messing with it for the last seven as well!! will it ever be finished.If anyone wants any info I have loads-build manuals/parts list etc etc.
I intend to fit repro dino wheels but I have the lancia/fiat 124 (later lada) 4 stud so need adaptors to 5stud.Also any info on real dino stuff.
ian
Old 6th June 2009, 12:30

Default Repro Dino Wheels

The place to get repro and used Dino wheels is Superformance, they have a good website (google will go straight to it). The PCB is 108 and the offset is as close as makes no difference to zero. They also do lots of Dino fittings but be careful not everything fits the Deon.

Kind Regards

Tom