Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th July 2011, 09:59

Inspace is on a distinguished road
Default Classic Replicas Beware!

CLASSIC REPLICAS BEWARE! CLASSIC REPLICAS BEWARE! CLASSIC REPLICAS BEWARE! CLASSIC REPLICAS BEWARE!
This company offers to make you a Ferrari Dino Replica it is still running and at present have a large sum of my money with no sign of a promised car or returning my funds.
I was told by GORDON AINSLEY (owner of Classic replicas) I was buying a part built car from a customer who was unable to take the car.
My experiences of this man now puts this in question.
The car was promised to be ready in April /May. Then with out contacting me it moved to June. When I called to see how it was going and subsequently visited (in June) I was told End July. When I got there I found the car no where near complete. No doors, Boot, bonnet, Glass, lights, not sprayed, no wheels,No bumpers, no interior ordered as well as many other issues.

Gordon who seemed like a nice guy when I first met him but he has avoided me since the first set back and now will not take my calls.
I am forced to pass messages through his secretary and even then he still doesn't respond.
He has left me no choice but to consider Legal action against the company as I have tried ever other way to make this deal work, even offering to take the car as it stands and have someone else build it.

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. GORDON AISLEY CAN NOT BE TRUSTED DO NOT HAND OVER ANY MONEY. I even mentioned the negative comments posted on this site once when I was there and he suggested it was a bad customer. I really wish I had spoken to that customer instead. Do not be fooled or you will be sorry. With out doubt he will be on responding and I welcome it.. He will say 'call me' but they are hollow words as he won't speak to me. He will suggest there are two sides as with a previous customer. You just need to read between the lines. This is a small business unable to produce more than 2-3 cars a year, if that the same cars have been there every time I visited.
Ask to speak to a satisfied (unrelated) customer if there is one. I have never come across such a crazy situation. He is letting himself down and a potentially good idea go to waste. His staff are always helpful but without GORDON AINSLEY keeping his word they are left to pick up the pieces.

I AM POSTING THIS TO WARN OTHER POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS

If you are a someone else who has had bad dealings with CLASSIC REPLICAS or GORDON AINSLEY then please get in touch and lets join forces.

Contact me at ugotme.austin@gmail.com

Last edited by Inspace; 14th July 2011 at 11:33..
Available from eBay