Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Dino 246 Builds and Discussion

Dino 246 Builds and Discussion Da da da da daaa daa da da, ohoho Dino

Old 12th June 2010, 12:44

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARED_NOMAK View Post
Hi Ian
P613FDV is still the same colour as it was when built by Dave Javan, You want the history of the car.
Built by Dave Javan with a Granada Cosworth V6, the car is number 6 of the mirabeau's sold.
The engine was second hand with 2600 miles on it, the car originally had for clock, which were later changed to smiths instruments and a nasty black surround, by the 2nd owner, who bought the car off Dave Javan at Stoneleigh Kit Car show.
The car then went to the Isle of Wight for the next number of years and was later sold by creditors at an Auction on the Isle of Wight in 2002. The car was bought by me and I built the hood frame for it as there were so many parts missing from it. I had the car for a couple of years and eventually sold it to a guy named Fraser from falkirk, who I think could still be the current owner.
Hope this helps to some degree, this is just the basics of its history.
Ross
hi,your right about the colour.I showed the photos of the car to my wife who said I was wrong on the colour and it was infact the same as when we saw it! I've seem to have got it mixed up with the car deon used in the advertising.I remember it being sold to the "suit" from the isle of white who wanted to pay cash for it at the stoneliegh show as I was there.But the history was good reading.cheers ian
Old 18th June 2010, 18:38
Kit Car Dreamer

JARED_NOMAK is on a distinguished road
Default Mirabeau

Any thoughts on a Mirabeau with larger modern wheels?
Ross
Old 19th June 2010, 01:14
Enthusiast

rossnzwpi is on a distinguished road
Default Dino 246GT front panels

Hi, I recently bought this. it is an original front section removed from a 246GT about a decade ago to be replaced by new parts. Not sure what I'll do with it! It could provide useful measurements.
Does anyone know of any Dino replicas in New Zealand?

Cheers
Ross in Auckland, NZ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dino246GT_front_1.jpg (55.9 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg Dino246GT_front_2.jpg (38.1 KB, 58 views)
Old 26th June 2010, 18:10

tricky360 is on a distinguished road

macs old car that he sold on ebay a couple of weeks ago is for sale in bolton now on pistonheads and ebay, hes asking £14,000! i think mac sold it for £ 9,500
Old 26th June 2010, 19:14

mac is on a distinguished road

Hi Dave, Yes your right it is my old Deon. I sold it to a guy in Manchester for £9,500. I thought he wanted it for himself but it turns out he was in the trade. Not sure why it's in Bolton though. I thought 9.5k was a fair price but 14k is a bit rich.
Old 27th June 2010, 16:35

jogger321 is on a distinguished road

Does anybody on this forum own or seen EMW 64L .. It was a factory built JH Classics Dino Replica I owned for 8 years about 10 years ago. The car bought me a lot of pleasure and I'd be really interested to hear how the car is..
Old 28th June 2010, 15:34

EMW 64L that reg comes up on a moterbike?
Old 28th June 2010, 22:52

jogger321 is on a distinguished road

Slip of the keyboard EMW84L It was a beautiful Rosso Red Immaculate when I reluctantly parted with it.
Old 1st July 2010, 05:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
Hi Dave, Yes your right it is my old Deon. I sold it to a guy in Manchester for £9,500. I thought he wanted it for himself but it turns out he was in the trade. Not sure why it's in Bolton though. I thought 9.5k was a fair price but 14k is a bit rich.
its now gone up again, 17k
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=270600991804
Old 14th August 2010, 13:06

i just spoke to someone selling there dino, he says the following is wrong with it,
1. the windows don't work, there electric and all the wiring is there but not connected.
2. the steering is a bit 'notchy' when going slow
3.not all the gauges work, the main ones work,i.e the speedo ,oil,water, rev but he says theres about 4 that dont.
4.the passenger door lets in water when it rains.
5.the seats are bolted in for his size,it doesnt have runners.

how easy is it to fix these issues?
Old 14th August 2010, 17:26

Hi Dave, I would try to get a bit more info from the seller, like how long the car has had these problems, why he hasn't fixed them etc. Then factor them into the price you are willing to pay for the car.
1.Windows could be an easy fix, just connnect the wiring, but until you do, work on the assumption that you may need new motors.
2.Notchy steering might mean a new rack, not a big deal as it's a MK2 mini rack and not very expensive.
3.Gauges not working is a tricky one. Could just be duff gauges need replacing but 4 not working sounds more like wiring issue to me, just depends on how well the wiring is marked up in the car. Could take a days work or could take a month.
4.Door letting in water. Could be just the rubbers need replacing, but if it was that simple I think it would have been done already.
5.Bolt the seats in where they suit you,or fit runners. Not a big job.
These are just my views so take them with a pinch of salt. Best thing to do would be to give the car a thorough looking over and a decent test drive or take someone with you who knows these cars.

Best Regards, Mac.
Old 15th August 2010, 07:58

he also said the fuel sender in the tank was a bit vauge,
the price is i think between 9-10 k, it makes your old car mac a steal!
iam still keen on your old car but he won't go no lower that £ 13,000, i know you think thats steep but its a nice, well kept car with no issues.

nick franks on here has a yellow gts with a alfa v6 for sale soon, i think he wants about that price too.
Old 15th August 2010, 16:58

Hi Dave, I guess it depends on how you look at it. There's no better way to learn about a kit than to roll your sleeves up and fix all it's problems, but on the other hand you may want to drive it more than you work on it!!! Seems like this particular car has been a bit neglected, which leads you to think what else you may uncover as time goes by. By the looks of things I might have been able to get a bit more for my old Dino, but I like value for money and don't like ripping people off. If given the choice I would go for one that has the Alfa V6 fitted, for the extra grunt. Might be worth having a look at Nick's when it becomes available. The trouble is it's all about supply and demand at the end of the day, and there arn't many decent Dino Reps that come up for sale too often. Which then allows sellers to ask for an inflated price. Again, these are just my personal thoughts so take them with a pinch of salt.
Best Regards, Mac.
Old 19th August 2010, 01:38

thecontractman is on a distinguished road

im looking to buy a dino replica for instant hard cash
Old 24th November 2010, 18:41

hi guys
david javans car on ebay now circ £4000
ian
Old 18th January 2011, 01:53

hotrodgt40 is on a distinguished road

does anyone know what doner car is used for the karma kit car
Old 18th January 2011, 01:53

Default help

Old 18th January 2011, 01:57

Default nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino246GT View Post
Hi,

I have a J H Classics DGT which is a replica of a Ferrari Dino 246GT and is based on a Lancia Beta. I bought the car a couple of years back needing restoration (it was orignally built around 1990), I have now rebuilt it and am looking for any information anyone has on these cars.

From what I can find on the limited information available it would seem that J H Classics were taken over (or the moulds were sold to) Deon Cars but I can't verify this as they have also disappeared.

I am after any information that any one may have on these cars, if anyone has a build manual that I could borrow and copy (a long shot I know!), then I would be eternally greatful!

Any help that anyone can give would be really appreciated as at present I don't even know where the master cylinder comes from (as it doesn't seem to be a lancia beta one).

I have attached a picture of the car in an almost finished state (prior to the retrim and wheel centres being fitted.

Thanks fall all you help.

Regards

Andrew Smith
this is hotrodgt40 and i like your car
Old 19th January 2011, 09:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodgt40 View Post
hi hotrodgt40.
I think most karma kit cars were body swops,using a vw beetle as the chasis.
I do know of a few were built with a space frame.Best have a look underneath.
Orignally made in melton mowbrey,leicestershire by I think R W Mouldings?
ian
Old 2nd February 2011, 13:22

Crocus is on a distinguished road

Has anyone got a complete build manual for a Deon. I've started scanning my own and discovered that I'm missing 4 pages, 11, 33, 34 & 45. If anyone could scan and e-mail them please send me a private message. Also if anyone is missing a few pages themselves get in touch.

Kind Regards

Tom