Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd June 2012, 12:31

lancelot link is on a distinguished road
Default Important Notice : Please Read This .....

In the Words of Bob Dylan , '' The times they are a-changing'' but also listening to Corporal Jones' wise words ...'' don't panic ....''

The way the Sammio range is being packaged , presented , sold etc is changing a little...

THIS WILL NOT AFFECT CURRENT ORDERS....TIMES , PRICES , COLLECTION POINT ETC.....ALL ARE UNAFFECTED.

I have joined forces with our most active Forum member , Andyp57 , to make some positive changes and hopefully , improve our service to customers as well as giving the product room to grow...Andy will be controlling Spyder and Cordite sales , the G46 will not be part of the agreement , that stays with me .

For the foreseeable future , kit production for the Sammio Spyder and Cordite will remain in Poole and you will be able to still collect your kit from Poole , but there will be an option of collection from Preston for all these kits and sundries etc.

Some kits may be available from stock soon....

All ordering , enquiries etc will be made via the new , improved website www.sammio.co.uk

There is a short news item on there as well , explaining these changes as well as new Paypal payment options and news of current discounts.....so if you are lurking and/or thinking of ordering , please read about the offers available for the next month or so.....

Basically , Andy is taking over the kit sales side of things ....we have been discussing this for a while now and I have had many offers from people wanting to be agents on a sale or return basis , but Andy actually stepped forward with a financial commitment that showed he meant business and has satisfied me that he is passionate enough to take this forward with me...

For me , it means I can concentrate on a few things that need sorting....

primarily , trying to organise kit production , sales , enquiries etc. and manage build projects , has meant that we have been getting behind. The G46 is the most notable example of that.

The G46 has been pushed back by its more popular cousins , I haven't had the time to finish the first build , introduce alterations etc...we have also gotten behind on the partial builds we undertook.

So our time over the next few months is going to be spent getting the projects sorted ....G46 build and 2 x 550 builds are the most pressing ...

We are nearly finished on Barry's Spyder and we have 3 G46 bodyfits to get sorted...

When I can see some light , I will look at developing the G46 further ....this may mean removing it from sale for a short period of time.

I am also intending on building a few Turnkey style cars a year and still undertaking turnkey builds and partial builds as well.... The idea is to attend various shows throughout the year with a finished car for sale as well as regular listings on ebay , pistonheads etc.

Some of you may wonder why I am doing this and its pretty simple....

I haven't enjoyed things in recent months , I am very passionate about my 'babies' and also protective as well. The pressure of working 55-60 hour weeks has taken its toll....It has affected me both in my private life , financially by sinking every spare penny into development in a shortish period of time and my relationships with my son and his mother have been affected as well....I chose to miss out on key events in Sams life , holidays etc. to pursue the dream and that's not great...Mike has been fantastic during this period , he regularly works later than his paid timeslot , attends shows free of charge , works Saturdays free of charge etc. etc. , but it has been strained on occasion through financial restrictions as well as just being 'knackered constantly'

I feel the Sammio range is at a stage now where it stands on its own , is well known enough worldwide and is documented well enough for this next level of growth to happen without me being the one to guide it...

By taking this path and Andy lifting some of the weight off my shoulders , Mike and myself can get back to doing what we do best , designing , creating and building cars and hopefully better working hours....

We will be attending shows with Andy , my involvement in promotion of the cars won't alter , I'm not going away just trying to get back to normal !!

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS.....

Last edited by lancelot link; 2nd June 2012 at 12:35..
Available from eBay