Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 5th November 2012, 21:10

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road
Default Planet Micha

No wonder we went to bloody war with them!

I wonder what that planet's like where you live Micha
Old 5th November 2012, 21:11

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road

Post your pictures and be judged
Old 5th November 2012, 21:52

redratbike is on a distinguished road

All go to "user cp" at left hand side is "ignore" list add the name you wish and hey presto you will not see the posts from that person
Old 5th November 2012, 21:54

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Hey presto

"This message is hidden because ****** is on your ignore list."
Old 5th November 2012, 22:33

seanick is on a distinguished road
Default Link for micha

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_t...fluence_People

Follow the link and read 'major sections and point's.

Its actually rather good old chap.
Well done, and tell us more.

Last edited by seanick; 5th November 2012 at 22:36..
Old 5th November 2012, 22:45
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

Come on guys, it's only an internet forum. I havn't read all of Micha's comments but the one's I have are harmless enough, just someones point of view.

As Redratbike has shown, just put him on your ignore list if he winds you up that much.

A bit of banter and someones POV on things is fine. If it starts getting ugly then that is a different kettle of fish and I'll let the axe fall. Until then...

John
Old 5th November 2012, 23:20
Big Cheese

Well that didn't take you long did it Micha.

I don't know why you think it would be appropriate to post that particular image and what you thought it brought to the thread.

I just defended you and you post that crap. Either contribute to the thread with something worthwhile or simply don't post.

John
Old 6th November 2012, 08:31

garyh is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that, Red. I hadn't seen that option.
Old 6th November 2012, 21:55

mikmiglia is on a distinguished road

Grow up !!
Old 6th November 2012, 22:05
Big Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by micha View Post
@JG...so pictures showing a person in WW2 uniform is something worthwhile and does not need to be deleted? thank you for that!!!!
I don't know of the picture you are talking of so please point me to it and I will take a look.

That still doesn't excuse your posting of the image that you did and what it represented. It had nothing to do with this thread.

John
Old 6th November 2012, 22:17

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure if it was fair to bring John Banner into this.

If you read his biography you will note the supreme irony of this man's life.

But I know nothing, nothing...........
Old 6th November 2012, 23:04

Old 6th November 2012, 23:44

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
there is only 1 picture showing a person in a WW2 uniform... 17 postings above.

"That still doesn't excuse your posting of the image that you did and what it represented. It had nothing to do with this thread."

my picture has exactly the same thing to do as this ww2 person....surplus, there are lots of things inside this thread which have nothing to do with the original posting.

this thread starts escalating...we are already on a level where I , as a german person, has been confrontated with WW2 pictures, paradigms and prejudices!!! we are in year 2012 and those "things" should normally be out of discussion!!!

I think the trouble is that WWII for us Brits is cause for both sadness at the unimagineable inhumanity of it all and celebration at the defeat of what any right minded individual would consider to be a truly evil regime.

I can understand why the current population of Germany would rather everyone forgot about that war completely, and the one before it (I mean WWI, of course, not the Spanish civil war where Adolf you-know-who had his stormtroopers hone their BlitzKrieg skills) and focussed on the more recent industrial success that Germany has enjoyed, but so many people in so many countries were affected by the Nazi war machine that it's still a subject of much interest virtually everywhere else apart from Germany.

As for prejudice based on nationality, you only have to watch an episode of Dads Army, It Ain't 'alf 'ot mum, Blackadder goes forth or 'Allo Allo' to see that we Brits are quite happy to ridicule every combatant nation, not least ourselves, that participated in the two world wars.

Comment removed

Towed that was inappropriate and you know it. Don't just don't.

Last edited by JG; 6th November 2012 at 23:51..
Old 6th November 2012, 23:48
Big Cheese

Quote:
there is only 1 picture showing a person in a WW2 uniform... 17 postings above.

"That still doesn't excuse your posting of the image that you did and what it represented. It had nothing to do with this thread."

my picture has exactly the same thing to do as this ww2 person....surplus, there are lots of things inside this thread which have nothing to do with the original posting.

this thread starts escalating...we are already on a level where I , as a german person, has been confrontated with WW2 pictures, paradigms and prejudices!!! we are in year 2012 and those "things" should normally be out of discussion!!!
I have deleted the image you have pointed to and I agree that this forum isn't the place for Anglo German confrontation however jokey or light hearted it might be intended. As is often the case with the written text it can be misinterpreted and taken not as intended.

Chaps please remember this is car forum, I'm sure there are other forums around that you can join to talk about Anglo German relations but please leave it off this one.

Cheers, John
Old 7th November 2012, 08:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post

Comment removed

Towed that was inappropriate and you know it. Don't just don't.
Oops. Sorry everyone, especially Micha. Back to topic for me now.
Old 7th November 2012, 18:43

Mr towed , us brits are just so layed back with all this. We love you xxxxxx
Old 7th November 2012, 23:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmiglia View Post
Mr towed , us brits are just so layed back with all this. We love you xxxxxx
Thanks Mike, I'm a bit peed off with myself for taking the bait and actually posting something that the grand fromage thought was a jibe too far, even though I thought it was fairly mild.

Truth is I have no axe to grind with the German people, I have a very good friend who's German and I've always admired the quality of their engineering. In fact, when I was small and my friends were building Airfix Supermarine Spitfires I was making model Focke Wulf 190's, ME262 jet fighters and Panther tanks myself. They were better armed, better armoured and I just found them fascinating for the higher level of technology involved and the engineering solutions used to address performance problems.

On a grander scale by way of example, when I was a tank commander in the Forces we did our own servicing on them so we had to learn how they worked. I was extremely impressed by the epicyclic gears attached to the steering brakes on the tank's tracks. Early tanks braked the inside track to turn, which slowed the vehicle down and made it an easier target on the battlefield. Then Ferdinand Porsche took a look at tank design and worked out a system, the epicyclic gears mentioned above, that accelerated the outside track so you could corner at full speed. It was one of the features that made German tanks that much better than anything the allies had at the time and the system is still used on modern tracked vehicles today.

So, to get to the point of this post and to comply with my promise to get back to topic, the final irony is that the water/methanol injection system I'm going to install on my Vitesse engine is pinched wholesale from the Messerschitt bf109 gustaf fighter plane, where it was used to allow the supercharger boost to be maximised on low octane fuel. If all goes to plan it'll enable me to run a higher compression ratio and more aggressive advance on the distributor while filling it with standard unleaded.

Hopefully there'll be no more need for red ink on any of my posts...
Old 8th November 2012, 01:14

froggyman is on a distinguished road

Towed make sure you get the correct amount of water injected or it could be expensive!!!
Old 8th November 2012, 08:09

garyh is on a distinguished road

It reminds me of Dali's Melting clock... I have some bent pushrods, don't know if I have any of them, though.
Old 8th November 2012, 09:13

Aah, those well known curved con-rods that scythe through the air more aerodynamically I presume.

Is that bent rod from your personal collection? I'd be interested to know what caused it.

As for injecting the right amount of water, I have a small flow fogger nozzle rated at 35cc/min at 100psi http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Water-Inje...item359c65907e and a relatively low pressure pump at 70psi, which should give a flow rate of around 25cc/min. It'll be triggered by a negative pressure actuated switch mounted in the carb inlet, and I'm considering either a mechanical micro-switch to inhibit the system until the choke's pushed fully in, or a temperature switch in the cooling system set to stop the solenoid opening until the engine's warm enough. That should ensure that the water atomises properly and doesn't cause a hydraulic lock in the bores or emulsify into the engine oil.

And anyway, rebuilding the engine might be fun...