Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 30th April 2004, 16:41
Kit Car Dreamer

monkeydog is on a distinguished road
Default bulldog clutch woes

Hi. My previous post stated I had a mk3 Bulldog; apparently since it is marina based with no doors and a very rounded grille; it is a mk 1. Den, could you enlighten me on this? How can I tell for sure?
My "woe" is this; When pressing the clutch to the floor, there is absolutely no clearance between it and the footwell side. Is this normal or has something been placed wrongly in the original build? I'll get used to it I suppose, when I get it MOT'd and on the road.
Hoping I can get to Stoneleigh and see some real examples of what Nelly should look like!
Graeme
Available from eBay
Old 10th May 2004, 18:24
Enthusiast

kitcarman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: bulldog clutch woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydog
Hi. My previous post stated I had a mk3 Bulldog; apparently since it is marina based with no doors and a very rounded grille; it is a mk 1. Den, could you enlighten me on this? How can I tell for sure?
Yes Graeme,
No doors and an old ‘bakalite’ radio shaped grille means it’s a Mk1 (one of only 35 made IIRC).
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydog
My "woe" is this; When pressing the clutch to the floor, there is absolutely no clearance between it and the footwell side. Is this normal or has something been placed wrongly in the original build? I'll get used to it I suppose, when I get it MOT'd and on the road.
Hoping I can get to Stoneleigh and see some real examples of what Nelly should look like!
Graeme
The clutch pedal was modified to fit (shortened). It’s made of mild steel, so if you take it out you can manipulate it with a large Murphy’s screwdriver.

Kitcarman
Old 10th May 2004, 21:58
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

A potential classic kit car for the future then?

Murphy's screwdriver - is that an engineering term for blat it as hard as you can until it gives in

John

Madabout-kitcars.com
Old 10th May 2004, 22:18
Kit Car Dreamer

monkeydog is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply, Den. I am sure I have a Murphy's screwdriver hanging on a Long Stand somewhere. It will be manipulated. I wonder how many of the 35 are still running? I like the sound of "potential classic"! Maybe my budget will increase with those magic words.
Was the name on the bonnet badge (in my (cars) case "Nelly") something that Pilgrim did or was it a personalised thing? Just curious.
I will deffo be at Newark autojumble on 23 (need soooo many bits!); anyone else going?
Graeme
Old 11th May 2004, 10:21
Enthusiast

vojx is on a distinguished road

Can you get a metric Murphy's screwdriver , or are they still only available in imperial?
Old 13th May 2004, 12:03
Enthusiast

Ex-Biker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vojx
Can you get a metric Murphy's screwdriver , or are they still only available in imperial?