Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2008, 07:49
Enthusiast

5EXi girl is on a distinguished road
Smile Front arm re-call

To all Sportster Owners

15th May 2008

Safety re-call

Sportster lower front suspension arms

Due to another recent notification of a ‘weld line’ failure of a Sportster lower front suspension arm Marlin have now declared a full (stop using) safety re-call of all Sportster lower front suspension arms.

It is required that each and every Sportster front suspension arm that has been made prior to today’s date should be returned to our works for careful inspection. Any warranty is now removed from this component as it is deemed to be potentially unsafe.

We will reinstate warranty on these components after each arm has been properly inspected.

Please be aware that this re-call includes all Sportster lower front suspension arms manufactured before 15th May 2008.

1) Suspension arms found to be faulty will be replaced or modified FOC.

2) Post and packing is not FOC.

3) New bushes or ball joints required to fit newly built or modified suspension arms are not FOC.

4) I can not discuss or offer comment on the condition of any suspension arms by phone (I have to see them to check them first).

Yours faithfully

Mark Matthews

P.s I am sorry about any inconvenience that this may cause but in the interest of your safety and Marlin warrantees this is the only way that I can be sure of avoiding any possible future occurrences.
Available from eBay
Old 17th May 2008, 05:26
Enthusiast

5EXi girl is on a distinguished road
Default No re-call for Ford based Sportsters

When we posted the letter on the forum we forgot to clarify that if your Sportster has been built using a Ford front hub assembly these suspension arms are not included in the re-call.

Should you have any questions relating to this thread please do not hesitate to contact me by email. terry@marlincars.co.uk

Kind Regards
Terry
Closed Thread