Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Old 4th April 2011, 22:08

Bobnic is on a distinguished road

Were still quite a few big bits left on it Nigel, so not a shell yet I'd say. We got very carried away with stripping our one, the only thing left on was the heater.....ran out of time!! Really enjoyed "The strip", gives you a lot of faith in the BMW donor when you see how it's put together, soooo many bolts/clips/extra bolts/clips etc, the footwells were full of them by the end. Have flogged a lot of bits on Fleebay so far, running total is nearly £900 from the shrapnel put up so far, hope to smash the the £1K barrier with a weekend's work conditioning the leather seats and listing a few more nuggets still left in the garage. Feel justified in smashing the donor budget a bit more now, especially after someone paid £17 for the two rubber top mount covers and some other punter paid £12 for the glovebox torch!
Hope the build is this instantly gratifying, but i have my doubts!!! Lol
Old 13th April 2011, 18:38

morris is on a distinguished road

£900 !!! can you give me some tips on what sells well. I'm struggling to hit the £100 mark. All my light clusters have gone for very little and made about £15 on my 18 button OBC. A bloke walking past gave me 25 for my front lights which is better than they seem to go on ebay so I was happy. fogs seem good sellers but the rear clusters went for 99p each, very disappointing.

I'm going to hunt down a scrappy in my lunch hour tomorrow to see If I can get rid of the body shell and left overs but I need to get a few quid more out of it to help pay for the manual gearbox and all the hubs and bushes I need to replace

maybe this needs a thread of its own
Old 13th April 2011, 19:04

Hi Morris, Don't think I've done anything majorly amazing, but I think the "M" and convertible aspects help to shift some bits at a good price, the roof went for £335, the hood motor's now gone for £200 (sorry if I'm annoying you more!!), and the body panels do well, especially the bumpers and anything with an M badge on it, of for an M3 as there are many replicas around (usually powered by a 1.8 petrol!! Lol) Reckon the total will be around £1500 once done (apologie again!), which means we got the M3 running gear for less than £1000, so has made the risky step a lot less risky I feel. Might go into the breaking business if this car building malarkey gets too annoying! Currently prepping the front and rear end suspension/hubs/steering/diff etc bafore beginning the build proper in the next few weeks hopefully!
Old 19th April 2011, 20:56

Nearly finished prepping, painting of engine/suspension/diff etc, then start to bolt stuff on I s'pose!! An M3 E36 based Sportster build is just about to begin!!
That's when you'll see me a lot more on here with posts beginning HEEEEEELP!!!, will be the bain of your collective lives soon!! Lol