Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 17th August 2010, 16:55

revesby37 is on a distinguished road
Default Severe judder on braking

I drive a Marlin Sportster, which I've had for a little over a year. I've had a recurrent problem with a very severe vibration when I brake. Only at 50mph - no problems at lower speeds or above 60. The thought of keeping my speed below 50mph does not appeal, so I have to cure this.

I changed the front disks last year and that seemed to cure it for a while. The front RH disk was a little out of true, although not much. Then more recently it recurred on the LH side, so changed that disk and again cured the problem. Now it's back again. On the RH side I think. The disk is true. I've checked the suspension strut and joints - all fine. I dismantled the caliper, which seems fine, all 4 pistons move. Everything seems tight, including wheel bearings. Am running out of ideas.

My sportster has Cortina uprights & hubs, Capri ventilated disks and Princess calipers. All have seen little service, the car having done 7000 miles on new equipment.
Available from eBay
Old 9th September 2010, 21:20

Ballores is on a distinguished road

Have you tried chamfering the leading edges of the pads ,heard this may help