Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 24th June 2013, 15:58

AndyP57 is on a distinguished road

Amazing how well these things stack up :-)

Old 24th June 2013, 22:36

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

Strewth! Wacko the didilo, or something similar. Hope they crack a few tinnnies and chuck a few prawns on the barbie when it gets there..

The finished article will look extremely cool at Surfers..

Last edited by Nike55; 24th June 2013 at 22:36.. Reason: spelinnge
Old 25th June 2013, 06:33

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Did the customer order the optional 'roo bars? A 200lb buck bounding out of the bush into your path could quicken the pulse without them...
Old 14th July 2013, 09:35

Regular readers will have noticed that our news has now spread over several threads including Turnkey 1, Navigator II and Phoenix so this thread has been somewhat neglected for a couple of weeks. I'll try to summarise here but for specifics, the other threads will be the ones to follow.
  • We've taken an order for a Turnkey Navigator to head over to France. This car will be converted to Left Hand Drive, incorporate Two removable humps (A thought struck me that it would be useful to store the 'legal requirements' such as Breathalyser, Warning Triangle, spare bulbs, First Aid kit and flourescent jacket in a hump to save space elsewhere in the car). It will also be powered by the Triumph Straight six combined with a Type 9 Gearbox using the Canley's conversion kit. There are also some very interesting plans afoot regarding the finished colour scheme but more on that later.
  • Visitors to the unit can't help but have noticed a whopping great 1947 MG YA chassis sitting there. This is for a bespoke build for a keen customer over the winter. More on that as and when the customer allows it.
  • Pilot Turnkey 1 continues making progress. The cockpit is now lined, bonnet hung and being tweaked in prep for paint. Unless a customer is forthcoming before it goes, plan is for it to be painted in Aston Volcano Red with White detail.
  • Although currently away on business, Gaz has plans on fitting a slightly widened Navigator shell on a 'different' donor. We look forward to seeing that come to fruition and can't help but feel any expansion of possible donors must be a good thing.
  • Our own 'Winter project' has kicked off. More detail to come but this one may be a one off unless we get mega interest once it starts getting to 3D form. Without giving too much away, it's a single seater, will have to have IVA unless kept for track days and is an iconic car in its own right. We're looking forward to slowly leaking this one but as a taster, it's based on a 'Big Jag' as its donor.

Lastly, it struck us that as we're carrying out a Type 9 conversion, it may be a good idea to do two in parallel. If anyone is interested in a bolt on conversion with all the tweaking already done, please PM me and I'm sure we can come up with a mutually beneficial deal.
Old 14th July 2013, 10:09

mas123mas is on a distinguished road

[/QUOTE]Lastly, it struck us that as we're carrying out a Type 9 conversion, it may be a good idea to do two in parallel. If anyone is interested in a bolt on conversion with all the tweaking already done, please PM me and I'm sure we can come up with a mutually beneficial deal.[/QUOTE]

Very interest email me the details
Old 14th July 2013, 11:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP57 View Post
Our own 'Winter project' has kicked off. More detail to come but this one may be a one off unless we get mega interest once it starts getting to 3D form. Without giving too much away, it's a single seater, will have to have IVA unless kept for track days and is an iconic car in its own right. We're looking forward to slowly leaking this one but as a taster, it's based on a 'Big Jag' as its donor.
Sounds very interesting...Will this be based on an XJ6 or something more recent? I only ask as I will be looking for another project after the G46, Land Rover SIII, Honda Blackbird and Merc 190 rebuilds.....!
Old 14th July 2013, 11:03

We're looking at XJS. Also gives the option of the range of engines (up to the V12!)
Old 14th July 2013, 11:22

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Something like this maybe?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...9QEwBQ&dur=281
Old 14th July 2013, 11:29

Not quite Towed but they've used the same running gear options. I do like that exhaust system. It was at last year's Newark show and looked lovely.
Old 14th July 2013, 17:49

Quote:
Not quite Towed but they've used the same running gear options. I do like that exhaust system. It was at last year's Newark show and looked lovely.

There was one at this years Stoneleigh too.

The only problem is that with IVA the switches will be similar to the above and not as they should be.

The XJS running gear is similar to the XJ6 - so might not be too difficult a conversion.

I expect that the cost of the chassis / body will be like the Ronart - completely out of my price range.
Old 14th July 2013, 17:52

We'll see. I'm not aiming at a megabucks project but one that looks and feels right at a sensible budget.
Old 14th July 2013, 18:02

Quote:
We'll see. I'm not aiming at a megabucks project but one that looks and feels right at a sensible budget.
Well so long as its a bit less than the Arthur Wolstenholme (Ronart designer) new build Vanwall GPR V12 projected price at £115,000?
Old 21st August 2013, 18:01

AndyP85 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation She Lives!!

Today has been a very productive day as AndyP57 has finally got the Colani GT demonstrator moving under its own steam ready for the Donington Show this weekend :Biggrin: All I can say is she rides beautifully, sounds wonderful and goes like stink

AndyP57 taking Colani on it's first drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peBg...5pTmaQsIUESP_A

Passenger view on Colani's second run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1JISD7oTTQ

If anyone happens to be there either on Saturday or Sunday then please drop by and say hi

We will let you know what stand we are on as soon as we have details

Last edited by AndyP85; 21st August 2013 at 18:03.. Reason: forgotten details
Old 21st August 2013, 19:04

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

Something like this or this but road legal. Please. Please, please, please....

Old 24th August 2013, 12:44

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP85 View Post
... AndyP57 has finally got the Colani GT demonstrator moving under its own steam...
Seeing it outside confirms what I thought at the show, that the blue is a really nice colour.

I also didn't realise at the show just how low the car sits compared to the driver.

Good luck with the show, Paul.

PS
Following the YouTube links above also brought up the teaser clips for the new model.
Those clips show the new website link, which I guess is still under construction.
Which reminds me to ask can old photo links be retained in some way?
We lost a lot of photos in the last switch between the old and new Sammio ownership.
Old 26th August 2013, 23:16

Default Post Donington Show

And now the news.

We had another awesome show last weekend. Once again the Colani was warmly welcomed, she received alot of attention. There were alot of stunning cars this year including a gorgeous Austin Healey 3000 V8, Chrysler Prowler, an MX 5 based Healey and Stiggy Mill's Kit Car Concept with a corvette V8!

Thought I'd upload a couple of images..

Colani on the stand during the setting up

Two stormtroopers taking aim at the UK Garrison Stig

That's it for show's this season as we are now going to crack on and complete the turnkey line then crack on with the 2014 range!

Paul L, Yes the website is still up and running (ribble-kits.co.uk). The new information on the current range is being implemented but with the turnkeys and the shows we haven't yet 'renewed' it. We hope to be uploading the new stuff as soon as we aren't busy
AndyP57 says the old images are backed up on his PC and will still feature on the improved website in the Gallery section as they are now.

As always AndyP57 will fill in any blanks I have missed
Old 27th August 2013, 06:30

christinedmc is on a distinguished road

Hi Andy,

The car looks very nice. Must have drawn more then some intrest,

Michiel
Old 28th August 2013, 23:04

ikon246 is on a distinguished road

hi andy
i have just joined the foram here not sure how it all works yet?
did you get my email regarding kit? chhers clive
Old 29th August 2013, 10:32

Three more images from Donington featuring the Stormtroopers and the UK Garrison Stig..

Stormtroopers taking aim at the UK Garrison Stig (This time less glare)

UK Garrison Stig in the Colani

UK Garrison Stig in the Colani
Old 30th August 2013, 09:04

Default Navigator Humps

As you will know, we've recently remoulded the Navigator body shell with good results and reaction from customers. One of the reasons for moulding it without humps is to cater for the European market which seems prettyu strong right now and also to give options of 0, 1 or 2 humps, detachable or not, on the completed car.

We have now reached a point where the humps have been successfully modelled for both Left and Right sides and will be moulded very shortly.

You will notice that they are shorter than the original design and spaced as close to the seat centre as possible to allow for the inclusion of a small luggage compartment in between them as mentioned in the Turnkey 1 build. More detail of this will be shown once we have a pair in the workshop to fit.