Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 8th October 2016, 13:39

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road
Default Couple of 250's on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FERRARI-25...3D222272783751

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferrari-re...YAAOSwTA9X9iFP
Available from eBay
Old 8th October 2016, 14:52

Barber is on a distinguished road

Door gaps on the Z3 one look like a TVR.
Old 8th October 2016, 16:04

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

The photos are so fuzzy its hard to tell.

If I was selling a car for over £10k I would make sure the pictures were good and taken on a brighter day. 1.9 engine won't be popular with many, a 2.0 6 cylinder car would have been a more appealing choice.
Old 8th October 2016, 16:18

Also listed on ebay is the chap in Wakefield offering the Z3 based DNA California built for you to your spec for £48750. Quoting a 3 month build time the quality of his work looks first class , even goes some way to reproduce the Ferrari interior. Very nice but a bit too steep for me !
Old 8th October 2016, 17:02

He sold his first one for £45K so there is a market for them. I never thought it would sell fir that amount but it sold in a couple of days.
Old 8th October 2016, 18:06

From my college days, I recall something about price elasticity? It'll be interesting to see how much the second one gets.
Old 8th October 2016, 18:58

I think the idea is for you to commission him to build you a car. From that point of view the price may depend on the final spec etc. Even so the margins seem high compared to building one yourself but that is the point , not many people can and if you have the money ..........
Old 8th October 2016, 22:31

Mitchelkitman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
He sold his first one for £45K so there is a market for them. I never thought it would sell fir that amount but it sold in a couple of days.
There may be a market for only one at that price..... time will tell.
Old 11th October 2016, 09:46

Tribute one sold.
Old 14th October 2016, 11:47

AcC8braman is on a distinguished road

Wow the dna prices have gone up I notice?!

So for £12-13k plus a car plus prof paint - this guy is wacking them out at nearly 50k!!!!
Old 14th October 2016, 12:12

Tribute car is back on Ebay as an auction now.

From what I understand DNA can't keep up with orders, I'm not surprised.

DNA's other kits are obviously very good quality but there is always that stigma that it's a copy. It's like admitting you can't afford the real thing so have a copy.

With the 2fifty, who has the odd £15 million for a real one? even if I did I just couldn't warrant spending that sort of cash on it. If I did have one everyone would be asking who's kit it was and picking out bits that were wrong!

Having a copy of an almost unobtainable classic doesn't have the same feeling of "fake", I thing this is why the classic Ferrari's, Cobra's and GT40's are so popular and also much more acceptable.
I can see DNA getting even busier and which them luck on such a great product.
Old 14th October 2016, 12:44

I remember when the first Cobra replica's came on the market . They were very expensive to start with then every man and his dog were offering kits. Prices levelled off , there were so many on the market.
I think DNA and Tribute are onto winners with their respective products. Nobody is treading on each others toes ( at the moment ) and demand is strong. Unlike the 80's when the Cobra's came out , there are fewer people with the skills to build but more with money to spend so its a win win situation.
Old 14th October 2016, 20:25

Default Market Segmentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post
I remember when the first Cobra replica's came on the market . They were very expensive to start with then every man and his dog were offering kits. Prices levelled off , there were so many on the market.
I think DNA and Tribute are onto winners with their respective products. Nobody is treading on each others toes ( at the moment ) and demand is strong. Unlike the 80's when the Cobra's came out , there are fewer people with the skills to build but more with money to spend so its a win win situation.
This^^^
Like with Cobras, the number of people prepared to pay over £40k is limited. In a year or two, there will be plenty of DNAs available for £20k or so if things follow the usual route. Tributes will be for enthusiasts, not "collectors" and there will be a lot more of them. The guy churning out DNAs knows the window may not be open for long. Good luck to him.
Old 14th October 2016, 23:57

I think the classic Ferrari style replica's will appeal to others outside the usual "kitcar" market. I think they will be seen as collectable in their own right by enthusiasts who are in the know. There are plenty of people with lots of money who would love to have a car built for them , whether DNA or Tribute. The trick will be to market the products so those people can find out about the cars and avoid the old "kitcar" stigma.
Old 15th October 2016, 09:35

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
There are plenty of people with lots of money who would love to have a car built for them , whether DNA or Tribute. The trick will be to market the products so those people can find out about the cars and avoid the old "kitcar" stigma.
I agree Lucy ...raising the game is something all kit suppliers want to do ...larger profits and returns for your efforts are always welcomed ...the problem , often , in my experience , is having the funding to make the step ..Kit suppliers rely on regular income to survive and often , this income comes from the lower end ...
Old 15th October 2016, 10:02

Many years ago I was involved in Autograss Racing. I was the PR officer for the club for several years. I was always surprised how much free advertising I could get by the way of sending features to magazines and news papers. Most of them were always looking for new content to help fill their pages. All it took was a bit of lateral thinking and a little effort but it was always for free !
Old 15th October 2016, 12:47

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

My experience of the magazines in fairly recent times , is that not many of your enquiries come from that medium anymore ...Ebay and forums seem to be the modern way ..even Facebook ..

Enquiries and interest isnt enough though ..its deposits that can finance a project if no other funds available ..
Old 15th October 2016, 15:19

Default PR

Quote:
Many years ago I was involved in Autograss Racing. I was the PR officer for the club for several years. I was always surprised how much free advertising I could get by the way of sending features to magazines and news papers. Most of them were always looking for new content to help fill their pages. All it took was a bit of lateral thinking and a little effort but it was always for free !
That is what PR depts and agencies used to do. Write articles and papwrs for the media, pressure groups and MPs. Regulation has diminished that, along with the internet as already stated above. Netpress websites and blogs is the way forward for DIY promotion.
Old 15th October 2016, 17:06

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Who buys the Kitcar magazines anymore?
I find that the info in them is questionable at best.

The articles tend to favour those that advertise in them.

I used to subscribe to them all but now the internet and the many different opinions on the forums are far more entertaining.
Old 15th October 2016, 17:08

I agree , if I were doing the same thing now there are plenty of up to date methods to promote your products and services. At the end of the day you've got to blow your own trumpet and get noticed !