Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com
 

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 28th October 2015, 18:37
jeremy jeremy is offline
Senior Member
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 354
jeremy is on a distinguished road
Default Front mudguard stays

For those with an e30 build,I am attempting to improve the rigidity of the stays, which may involve a 3rd arm for support of the guard, and some triangulation . I have seen several other builders neat solutions on the forum , and maybe I shudnt try and re-invent the wheel!
I tried to find pictures of Stuarts finished strut brackets in the forum but the link seems to have broken- if Stuart reads this maybe he cud rehost them.
Reply With Quote
Available from eBay
  #2  
Old 6th January 2016, 22:05
peterux's Avatar
peterux peterux is online now
Senior Member
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,963
peterux is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
For those with an e30 build,I am attempting to improve the rigidity of the stays, which may involve a 3rd arm for support of the guard, and some triangulation . I have seen several other builders neat solutions on the forum , and maybe I shudnt try and re-invent the wheel!
I tried to find pictures of Stuarts finished strut brackets in the forum but the link seems to have broken- if Stuart reads this maybe he cud rehost them.
Take a look at the front mud guards on this very well sorted Sportster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6MsmXA9ALg

I don't know the owner who is Colin Barratt and is a member of the Marlin Owners Club.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 7th January 2016, 15:56
MartinClan's Avatar
MartinClan MartinClan is offline
Senior Member
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,831
MartinClan is on a distinguished road
Default

Awesome - both the journey and the fact the mudguards don't bounce up and down! I reckon that is down to what seems to be a central vertical support....

Robin
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10th January 2016, 20:59
Mike Mike is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 926
Mike is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterux View Post
Take a look at the front mud guards on this very well sorted Sportster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6MsmXA9ALg

I don't know the owner who is Colin Barratt and is a member of the Marlin Owners Club.
Colin Barratt was the lucky guy who bought Rob Dorey's very well built Sportster
Rob retained a lot more standard BMW parts on his Sportster than most builders.
An example being modifying the fuel tank to incorporate the the BMW fuel tank screw cap with pump and gauge attached.

Rob had an account on MAKC, so you could send a PM?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11th January 2016, 17:31
peterux's Avatar
peterux peterux is online now
Senior Member
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,963
peterux is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Colin Barratt was the lucky guy who bought Rob Dorey's very well built Sportster
Rob retained a lot more standard BMW parts on his Sportster than most builders.
An example being modifying the fuel tank to incorporate the the BMW fuel tank screw cap with pump and gauge attached.

Rob had an account on MAKC, so you could send a PM?
Thanks, Mike.

Looking at the video towards the end suggests it's an e36 chassis based car.

The Marlin demonstrator built in 2003 had a third wing stay but it doesn't appear to be fitted on later builds?

Marlin demonstrator car Easter 2004 by marlinpeter, on Flickr

All academic to me now but I'm sure this will be of interest to current owners/builders.

...peter
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 26th January 2016, 19:17
Stuart Stuart is offline
Senior Member
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 203
Stuart is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
For those with an e30 build,I am attempting to improve the rigidity of the stays, which may involve a 3rd arm for support of the guard, and some triangulation . I have seen several other builders neat solutions on the forum , and maybe I shudnt try and re-invent the wheel!
I tried to find pictures of Stuarts finished strut brackets in the forum but the link seems to have broken- if Stuart reads this maybe he cud rehost them.
Images Attached hope they are what you wanted.

Stuart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0061.jpg (92.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0062.jpg (93.9 KB, 20 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 16:45.

copyright madabout-kitcars.com 2000-2021
terms and conditions | privacy policy