Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 19th August 2019, 23:03

Egdik is on a distinguished road
Default Tribute Owners Club

Tribute in F font pic 6.jpg

Owners Meeting

Saturday September 7th

Lunch at The Pelican Inn

Froxfield, on the A4 between Hungerford & Marlborough

www.pelicaninn.co.uk

We are welcome and booked from 11am with lunch at around 12.30pm

There are two spacious car parks, where we can have a drink and talk Tribute Cars.

Afterwards you / we can drive round a bit of Hampshire to the

Silk Mill at Whitchurch

for tea, overlooking the river Test, last orders 3.30pm.

www.whitchurchsilkmill.org.uk

If you are interested the Pelican Inn also has a room or two overnight on the Friday and or Saturday. We are staying there Friday night.

Please let me know if you will attend or at least think about it.

Please excuse us putting this notice on people's threads, but it is worth trying to have a social event.
Old 19th August 2019, 23:13

Egdik is on a distinguished road

REPLY to Kidge on his site

OR The Owners site

OR PM me

OR email kidge.elder@btinternet.com
Old 7th October 2019, 19:11

Mitchelkitman is on a distinguished road

The Ericholm 250SWB build thread is excellent, and a great source of info...… Can someone direct me towards any photos showing how the mini door handles were 'linked' to the existing handle mechanism/locks? I found the text, but couldn't access the photos (despite joining flikr). I looked at the 2,000 plus photos I could access, but it looks like the door lock bit is 'private' only. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Thanks in anticipation
Old 7th October 2019, 19:39

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...?t=5892&page=5

post 96

This was with the first version of the Tribute door skin, the later versions don't have the mark on them. You will however be able to work the position out from the photo.
I would make the hole larger as it is easier. Just attach a small metal plate to the bar seen inside the hole. Use a pilot drill and then tec screws. The plunger from the door handle simply presses on the plate to open the door.
A word of warning, make sure the plunger on the Mini door handle does not touch the plate, if it does it will cause the doors to occasionally and without warning deadlock. It the plunger is too far away then the door won't open. You must be very accurate, good luck.
Old 7th October 2019, 19:57

molleur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchelkitman View Post
The Ericholm 250SWB build thread is excellent, and a great source of info...… Can someone direct me towards any photos showing how the mini door handles were 'linked' to the existing handle mechanism/locks? I found the text, but couldn't access the photos (despite joining flikr). I looked at the 2,000 plus photos I could access, but it looks like the door lock bit is 'private' only. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Thanks in anticipation
found this.. may help. I used this as a center mark and cut a larger rectangle)

Mini door handle placement
drill a hole 45mm (1-25/32) inches up from the top of the round chrome key hole. I used a 40mm hole saw (1-9/16”) which was perfect, just gave me enough room to bolt a plate to the bar.
Page 5 of my build thread.

I did put a thick bead of silicone sealant in an arc above the newly cut hole, the idea being that water was directed away from the hole. A lot of water can get between the old and new door skins, make sure you drill plenty of drainage hole in the bottom of the new skins.
I saw on the Tribute doorskin an area that had obviously been filled. I just drilled through this at the centre point and on throgh the bmw doorskin. The drill bit actually hit the inner bar and popped open the door. This was obviously down to incredible skill and had nothing to do with luck!
I then used the drill hole in the door with a 40mm holesaw which gave enough room to fit the new striker plate.

Last edited by molleur; 7th October 2019 at 19:59..
Old 7th October 2019, 20:46

Mitchelkitman is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys. A mine of information to err..... inform my mind!
Old 28th November 2021, 13:57

ericholm is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi,

Found these kicking around, anybody want them (message me), can use B800 to reset airbag warning light and INPA software and USB connector with laptop to get into the BMW diags, however be warned its a bit complicated to setup (follow instructions on the web) it took me a few attempts but you can check all sensors, etc.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/116885.../shares/EuT9sv