Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Tribute Automotive Builds

Tribute Automotive Builds Discuss your Tribute kit build

Old 30th August 2021, 22:23

Mitchelkitman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post
I spoke to a couple of traders in the hall, they both said they wouldn't have come if they had known how quiet it was going to be, that was about 11am Saturday.
Bit of an early judgement call? Things tend to (and did) get busy after midday.
Old 30th August 2021, 22:47

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

I hope the traders had a satisfactory weekend in the end, there just appeared to be an air of despondency in the morning, which is a shame for what is meant to be the showcase event in the kitcar calendar.
Old 2nd September 2021, 11:50

Car photographer is on a distinguished road

Yeah, shame about the low attendance of traders, I still enjoyed the show - not as many cars as previous years but I think that's partly down to this wrenched plandemic making it difficult for organisers to plan events etc.
I really hope it improves in future years again.
Old 2nd September 2021, 18:34

I've been to a lot of car shows over the last 5 or 6 weeks. All of them were very well attended both by public and traders, some were very busy. Stoneleigh was the most recent and unfortunately just failed to deliver. Covid or not, the organisers simply didn't get it together. The site has become tired, dated and rather run down as an exhibition venue. As has previously been said it is fast becoming an industrial estate, and a second rate one at that.
If you had travelled a long distance to to look at what was on offer , paid for yourself and family to get in, what would you have thought ? Like I said before, this is meant to be the "National Kit Car Show" and showcase for the industry. If it was me I would have been very disappointed.

Sorry for the negative vibes but I'm just thinking out loud !

Last edited by Lucky@LeMans; 2nd September 2021 at 19:18..
Old 4th September 2021, 09:53
Enthusiast

MartinClan is on a distinguished road

Notwithstanding the current climate I couldn't agree more. In my view it would now be much better as a one day event and perhaps an alternative venue that didn't look so tired. And not have the HS2 right through the middle!
Cheers Robin
Old 4th September 2021, 13:01

It seems Newark has already been booked for next year (July)........ I always liked Newark, a different 'vibe' to it (and it's an easier journey for me )
Old 5th September 2021, 10:58

IanA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinClan View Post
...And not have the HS2 right through the middle!
TBH, I was surprised at how little of the site had been taken by the HS2 route. The area behind the big blue fence is so far untouched. Cancellation of the project (I know) would only leave the new tarmac road to Cumber Park in place.
A bigger impact is the area of grass that has been overlaid with stabilising plastic mesh to allow easier car parking on it, (includes the area where Jago and GTM used to pitch). Can't see camping being allowed on that in future.
Old 10th September 2021, 18:15
Enthusiast

DaveP is on a distinguished road

Has anyone tried the Kitfest at Santapod ? Again I think it’s a one day event shared with other interesting cars.

Do kits need to share in order to survive ?

Didn’t get to Stoneleigh this year as felt it might be what it was from an attendance point of view.

Next year maybe.
Old 11th December 2021, 10:47

NeilF355 is on a distinguished road
Default Stoneleigh 2022

I have just heard that the Stonleigh show will be held on May bank holiday Sunday 1st and Monday 2nd of May 2022.
Old 12th December 2021, 10:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilF355 View Post
I have just heard that the Stonleigh show will be held on May bank holiday Sunday 1st and Monday 2nd of May 2022.
Hope the industry which support it returns next year. The half empty single hall was appalling in 2021.
Old 13th December 2021, 13:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
...Didn’t get to Stoneleigh this year as felt it might be what it was from an attendance point of view...
Go anyway!!!
The number of manufacturers and accessory stands was way down compared to previous years but I found the 2021 show to have a wider range of interesting vehicles than ever before.
I must admit that camping with a crowd of mates does make it more of an event but my comment about the variety stands.
Old 14th December 2021, 17:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanA View Post
Go anyway!!!
The number of manufacturers and accessory stands was way down compared to previous years but I found the 2021 show to have a wider range of interesting vehicles than ever before.
I must admit that camping with a crowd of mates does make it more of an event but my comment about the variety stands.
My thoughts entirely. Anyone who doesn't go 'because it may not be busy' is only making it less busy. Over the years I've considered Stoneleigh to be too big to get around in the weekend, so a little smaller in 2021 didn't impact my enjoyment of the show - I still probably missed something
Old 14th December 2021, 19:58

One problem with the site now being an active trading estate is that some buildings were occupied during the show. I initially parked where I had in previous years outside a building on the main road upto the halls. A rather rude bloke came out from the building and asked me to move on ! I told him about the show being on but he wasn't interested, he had customers arriving, interested in buying his double glazing products !

Last edited by Lucky@LeMans; 14th December 2021 at 22:29..
Old 14th December 2021, 22:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post
One problem with the site now being an active trading estate is that some building were occupied during the show. I initially parked where I had in previous years outside a building on the main road upto the halls. A rather rude bloke came out from the building and asked me to move on ! I told him about the show being on but he wasn't interested, he had customers arriving, interested in buying his double glazing products !
HA - Yes the double glazing place..... I noticed on Saturday that all the lights were on in the building all night. maybe an indication of how much profit is made from glazing, or how little he'll make after the electric bill is paid?
Old 22nd April 2022, 17:49

Default Stoneleigh 2022 Exhibit Offer

For the 2022 show Grosvenor haven't been able to fill the buildings they have left...

"I have 13 3x3m stands available in Hall 2 that as always I haven’t been able to sell as the Accessory stands are few and far between these days (Hall 1 is looking great) so rather than leave the space empty, I’m writing to ask if you would be willing to take 1 3x3m stand and use it for displaying one of your club cars over the weekend as well as attracting new members. As I only have 13 spaces available and over 70 clubs I will have to work on a first come first serve basis for these. I will include a free exhibitor vehicle pass and badge so the owner of the car that is on display will get free access to the show for the weekend. If you could reply a.s.a.p. with your interest into this I will allocate the space and get the badges sent to you on Monday.

The only requirements that have to be met are the following.

Access to the hall is restricted to (movement of the car) Saturday Setup 10am – 6pm, then Sunday and Monday Before 9am and after 4.30pm if you need to move the car to get to and from home or where you’re staying."
Old 23rd April 2022, 09:48

I'd love to see this show thriving again, perhaps the organisers should be tempting traders with a free pitch rather than private car owners or clubs ? If they're short on traders the ones that do attend will have a captive audience !
Old 23rd April 2022, 18:32
Enthusiast

DaveP is on a distinguished road

I saw the message about offering clubs a space. I didn't think any Tribute owners would be up for it and that there were big clubs who might want too.

I shall be there Sunday as long as I finish my interior changes in time. Bit of a rush this week.

Dave
Old 25th April 2022, 10:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
... I didn't think any Tribute owners would be up for it and that there were big clubs who might want too...
Big clubs were small clubs once.
Old 3rd May 2022, 08:12

Good to see the Tribute cars at Stoneleigh over the weekend.
Six Kobras and an MX250 on Sunday with a 250SWB and a Z3GT on Monday on the Tribute club patch. Also present were some 250SWBs on the Italian Replica patch and for sale around the site.
Overall the show was smaller than last year. The overcast weather didn't help with rain on Sunday although it was nicely warm for anyone setting up on Saturday. The organisers said that the dryer weather on Monday which increased attendance "saved" the show.
Old 3rd May 2022, 10:52

Maybe it was a bit smaller , but I still didn't see everything! Where were the Tributes? I saw the Italian roplicas (lovely Mirage 250 SWB there), but didn't find Tribute ...... Would really have liked to have seen the Z3GT