Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Chat > General chatter

General chatter This is the place to talk about anything kit car related that doesn't come under any of the other categories

Old 7th April 2012, 21:10

sammy99 is on a distinguished road
Default New boy saying hello

Hi all, new to this site and to kit cars. Always wanted to build one and really like seven type kits. I'm 6ft 1 and around 13 st 7 and am interested in what car would fit me best? I drove a westfield once and it was a real squeeze as I'm quite long legged. Also my mum drives a ford Cougar which needed welding for its last MOT and is probably for sale later in the yr. Are theese engines used much and do any of you know what they fit as I'm tempted to buy it. Would many other parts from the Cougar be suitable as well e.g. uprights, wheels, brakes, seats etc?? oh by the way it's the 2.5 V6 model. Thanks in advance, Sam
Available from eBay
Old 8th May 2012, 07:46

cmontgomery is on a distinguished road

Hello there! I would like to welcome you to the forum though I am new here as well. I think that it would be really safe to assume that people are interested with car kits here.

And though I actually started with a restoration route to have my interest with cars, it really is something great.

And know, I am quite versed with how to get by things and make them really nice.
Old 9th May 2012, 19:54

sammy99 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Crap forum

Thanks for your reply but it didn't really answer my questions.
As around 95 people have read my thread but only 1 bothered to reply I won't be coming on here again. I'll find a forum where people want to talk.
Old 10th May 2012, 08:18

chrislandy is on a distinguished road

Hi Sam,
Thats not really the attitude to have, as most other forums there are a core few people that do most of the posting and loads of browsers, we're also not massive like some of the other sites so sometimes it takes a few days to get a response.

To hopefully help you, there is a search facility on this site that you can specify a donor car and it filters the manufacturers that use that car. Otherwise, there's total kit car website that has a similar sort of thing or get yourself down to one of the kit car shows and have a mooch. You've just missed the Stoneleigh show.
hth.
Chris.
Old 11th May 2012, 07:59

Chris Cussen is on a distinguished road

Hello Sam,
I would echo Chris' comments.
This forum is very active in the Marlin Carbio/Sportster and Sammio areas, and a bit active in the 5Exi areas, the others are fairly quiet.

If you are really interested in 7 types maybe your post should have gone there, where more users would have had knowledge of the cars you are interesed in.

BTW it is very unlikely that much of a Cougar will be of use to a kit car. The Cougar is front wheel drive and most kits are rear wheel drive. You may be able to use the Cougar engine, but not without a lot of effort as as far as I can remember it is a V6 and not a commonly used engine.

I hope you can find a forum that meets your expectations
Chris Cussen
Old 29th May 2012, 14:10

Geri11 is on a distinguished road
Default Car suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy99 View Post
Hi all, new to this site and to kit cars. Always wanted to build one and really like seven type kits. I'm 6ft 1 and around 13 st 7 and am interested in what car would fit me best? I drove a westfield once and it was a real squeeze as I'm quite long legged. Also my mum drives a ford Cougar which needed welding for its last MOT and is probably for sale later in the yr. Are theese engines used much and do any of you know what they fit as I'm tempted to buy it. Would many other parts from the Cougar be suitable as well e.g. uprights, wheels, brakes, seats etc?? oh by the way it's the 2.5 V6 model. Thanks in advance, Sam
Hi and welcome!
For a tall lad like yourself there are many options, have you ever been in a Huyndai Coupe or a Subaru impreza?
It depends on how much you want to spend and how many seats you want, what style you are after and what suits you best.
My mate who is 6 ft 3 just kitted out a subaru and looks beautiful, he got it for 11 K and has done alot of work on it.