Replaced the seat bushes today as the seat was rocking badly. Bought them from Ebay about £13 (M12 3mm nylon washers would probably do the job just as well with a bit of trimming for a couple of quid).
Quite an easy job, refitted the seat, put the front runner nuts on first and thought the seat was a bit sluggish as I moved it forward to fit the rear bolts. I then tried to move the seat back and it wouldn't budge. Fortunately I hadn't fully tightened the front nuts so was just able to get a spanner on them, I do mean just, took almost 2 hours to get them undone!
There are 2 small Torx screws that hold the runner rail, on one side I had over tightened them which caused the problem so be careful. I thought at one point I was going to have to cut the seat out with an angle grinser.
While the seat was out, I removed it to see how the MGB seat would look and I think it will work well. It is going to have to have new seat foams and some leather covers without headrests, a job for another time when funds become available.
MGB seat just placed on the seat runner to see how it looks. It will be fitted with leather seat covers in the "hump" style with headrests.
, on Flickr