Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Old 4th February 2017, 11:07
Enthusiast

micky1mo is on a distinguished road

Paul L. Could'nt have put it better myself.
Mr Towed Scary stories

Just to really up-set someone the planned projects this year are .

1, Triumph Spitfire chassis + running gear, BMW engine and gearbox, Sammio Alpha body.

2, Triumph Moss chassis, Mk1 vitesse engine, triumph 2.5 gearbox, Bugatti body. 19" MG wheels.

3, Reliant GTE chassis, Jaguar 4.2 engine, BMW gearbox, Tribute Automotive "D" type body.

Oppss
Old 4th February 2017, 11:10

rochdaleGT is on a distinguished road

looks like people want to cover facts here and make me responsible for that?

according to what people have posted here after i started asking questions, there is not the slightest necessesity for correcting the paperwork of the BMW-sammio. everything legal, evryhting fine.

so explain me this sentence from the builder :

"The V5 (log book) still reads Triumph Herald but the engine details have been updated and read correctly, so if it's going for export it will be easier to register in Europe as a Triumph but if it stays in UK then I will help with the correct UK registration. "

this is a clear declaration that something is not correct or what else should this sentence mean? and theoretically somebody could even say "the car was built with export in mind"

oh..i forgot, nobody in Uk will built a car to foreign rules
Old 4th February 2017, 11:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky1mo View Post
Mr Towed Scary stories

1, Triumph Spitfire chassis + running gear, BMW engine and gearbox, Sammio Alpha body.

2, Triumph Moss chassis, Mk1 vitesse engine, triumph 2.5 gearbox, Bugatti body. 19" MG wheels.

3, Reliant GTE chassis, Jaguar 4.2 engine, BMW gearbox, Tribute Automotive "D" type body.

Oppss

..and all will remain the original registration, named as triumph, moss and reliant.....and they will be all built with export in mind....?

Last edited by rochdaleGT; 4th February 2017 at 11:19..
Old 4th February 2017, 11:16

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Old 4th February 2017, 11:16

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

Nurse! Rochdale is out of bed again.
Old 4th February 2017, 14:58

Jeff H is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochdaleGT View Post
..and all will remain the original registration, named as triumph, moss and reliant.....and they will be all built with export in mind....?

Not sure what you are after here ?

They will most likely be built here in the UK and be registered as modified vehicles correctly to the UK rules.

Why would any of us consider building cars to export ? When we want to sell our cars they are usually sold here.
Old 4th February 2017, 16:24

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
looks like people want to cover facts here and make me responsible for that?

according to what people have posted here after i started asking questions, there is not the slightest necessesity for correcting the paperwork of the BMW-sammio. everything legal, evryhting fine.

so explain me this sentence from the builder :

"The V5 (log book) still reads Triumph Herald but the engine details have been updated and read correctly, so if it's going for export it will be easier to register in Europe as a Triumph but if it stays in UK then I will help with the correct UK registration. "

this is a clear declaration that something is not correct or what else should this sentence mean? and theoretically somebody could even say "the car was built with export in mind"

oh..i forgot, nobody in Uk will built a car to foreign rules
so he left it like that to help someone abroad buy it and register it ....if it sold within the uk just send off with the rebody details it was basically a marketing ploy to enlarge the Amount of buyers it appealed to .nothing underhand in that .

What ever you are trying to imply ... and you seem to trying quite hard time to give it a rest.
Old 4th February 2017, 16:25

redratbike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mr Towed Scary stories

Oppss
They all sound good ....Bugatti sounds great
Old 4th February 2017, 19:14

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by redratbike View Post
They all sound good ....Bugatti sounds great
Agreed, let's have some pics.
Old 4th February 2017, 19:41

Roadster is on a distinguished road

Well no denying the sock comment so I guess that comment is not in question.
Thankfully we are no longer part of Europe.... so we don't have to tolerate being told what to do and which laws we should change.

namaste
Old 4th February 2017, 20:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
Well no denying the sock comment so I guess that comment is not in question.
Thankfully we are no longer part of Europe.... so we don't have to tolerate being told what to do and which laws we should change.

namaste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYiOCctlPR0
Old 4th February 2017, 21:33

Triumph Special is on a distinguished road

See, if you'd all left them as nice Triumphs as I asked, we wouldn't be having this conversation!

Since irony is lost on the Internet, I'm only joking!
Old 6th February 2017, 16:53

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road
Default "D" type on GTE Chassis

Quote:
Mr Towed Scary stories

Oppss

Mick

I note with interest your "D" type on a GTE chassis project, you may recall I have a G46 languishing in the garage, whilst I love the shape, the what I will end up with is a buck to make a body from. so I have a complete SE5 rolling chassis with identity. I now race an XJS with a friend and have several spare engines gear boxes etc from jags and thinking about changing route and popping in a straight six Jag and a "D" type body onto SE5 so keeping the breed more or less the same in the garage, my question is are Tribune going to build you a body to suite the GTE or is this something you will modify yourself ?
Old 6th February 2017, 17:41
Enthusiast

micky1mo is on a distinguished road

Charman.tech What I have is an abandoned project I purchased from Chris at Tribute Automotive about 18 months ago.
He lengthened an original "D" type body (around the bonnet area) and roughly cut down a Scimitar floor pan/bulkhead to fit. Unfortunately he ran out of time and space so we had a deal.

It's been sat in my workshop ever since but it's the next scheduled "long term" project so I will start a thread for the build.
I'm based in Swindon, Wiltshire just 10 min from J16, M4.
If your passing and want a look at the project, the kettle is always on, you bring the cakes.
Old 6th February 2017, 17:53

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Charman.tech What I have is an abandoned project I purchased from Chris at Tribute Automotive about 18 months ago.
He lengthened an original "D" type body (around the bonnet area) and roughly cut down a Scimitar floor pan/bulkhead to fit. Unfortunately he ran out of time and space so we had a deal.

It's been sat in my workshop ever since but it's the next scheduled "long term" project so I will start a thread for the build.
I'm based in Swindon, Wiltshire just 10 min from J16, M4.
If your passing and want a look at the project, the kettle is always on, you bring the cakes.
Micky1mo

Thanks for the info I hunted through the trubute site guse it was the black one. I have afeeling that the "d" typ could take that big strech in length and still look good.

I will lookout for you build thread and is I am ever in the area call in with cakes

Thanks

Peter
Old 10th February 2017, 00:18

you can think what you want..i will keep my opinion:

the seller wouldnt have pointed out some specific points in terms of registration if everything would have been done 100% according the existing laws.

lets inform the dvla about the intense of the BMW engine swap, the chronology and see if they still agree that this is all according to actual registration laws.
Old 10th February 2017, 04:37

Psycho pops is on a distinguished road

Quote:
you can think what you want..i will keep my opinion:

the seller wouldnt have pointed out some specific points in terms of registration if everything would have been done 100% according the existing laws.

lets inform the dvla about the intense of the BMW engine swap, the chronology and see if they still agree that this is all according to actual registration laws.
Rochdale, please remember opinions are like arse holes, we all have them but, we don't all want to hear them.....
Old 10th February 2017, 06:55

Paul L is on a distinguished road

In the words of Blue Peter, here is one I prepared earlier...

Quote:
… so explain me this sentence from the builder ...
rochdaleGT - First of all, why should we explain anything to you at all?

As you seem happy enough to ignore many of the questions other people have asked you in other posts/threads.

Generally, a forum is a two way conversation, so if you just want to RANT, please set up your own website somewhere else.

But in a final effort to leave Micky1mo's thread with some facts on it, not your interpretation of the facts…

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You are indeed required to notify the DVLA if you rebody a car.

https://www.gov.uk/change-vehicle-de...need-to-update

However, there is a grey area about when you must tell them.

Initially, I tried to change my V5C when the car was under construction.

The DVLA told me that they wouldn't change the V5C until after if had tax, an MOT and insurance.

In which case, it is clearly OK to drive the car on the road to the MOT station without the V5 being updated.

As it was, I managed to get the V5C updated before I got the car on the road.

So clearly, there is a bit of room to manoeuvre within the rules, so will you accept this is true?

You are also allowed to sell a car in the UK without the correct details on the V5C.

However, you must clearly state this when you are selling the car if you want to stay within the law.

So will you admit that Micky1mo did not break any laws by advertising his car in the way he did?

A buyer may also choose to buy a car that they know doesn't have the correct paperwork, that is legal too.
( Note the V5C is nothing to do with the legal ownership of the car, just the registered keeper. )

For example, a buyer may choose to use it only on track days and trailer it to/from the circuit.

Or they may be exporting it to a country where none of this matters, without the wheels ever touching UK soil.

Or they may want to simply hang the car on the wall as a piece of art.

In all of these cases above, the fact the paperwork is not in order doesn't make a difference.

Will you accept that this is also true?

The only time an incorrect V5C is potentially an issue is if you are buying the car in the UK intending to drive it on UK public roads.

Then you have a simple choice:

- Get the V5C in order before you drive it.

- Or just drive it anyway, in which case you are breaking the law and may get caught and punished accordingly.

Just for the record, driving a car with an incorrect V5C does not carry the death penalty in this country.

( I dread to think what the penalty in Germany might be, given your complete over reaction to this whole thing. )

So in this case, Micky1mo had the V5C updated for the BMW engine change, but not the rebody.

He clearly gave any potential buyer a simple choice of taking the car still registered as a Triumph Herald…

OR he would help the buyer change the V5C to reflect the rebody in the way he described in great detail in his earlier posts.

( And given the number of cars he has put through the DVLA system, I am happy to believe he knows what he is talking about. )

The buyer decided to take the car as it was and everything about the transaction was both legal and above board.

Which means that your apparent rage really just boils down to the precise use of English in a 'For Sale' advert.

In which case…

"Take the log out of your own eye before you take the splinter out of your brother's."

Note:
I am not prone to quoting the bible, but I'll make an exception in your case.

So let's recap where we are…

You have gone out of your way to dig up an old tread and made posts with an accusatory tone.

You have then followed that up by accusing members of this forum of being involved in a conspiracy to cover up the facts.

And now you want to contact the DVLA (who you have already insulted on here) about a car that has nothing to do with you.

However, despite your insistence that you "know how things work", the real facts are that you clearly do not.

So either apologise for your ignorance and attitude, or simply STFU!

Hope that helps, Paul.

PS
If you are not Micha, then is this you?

Last edited by Paul L; 10th February 2017 at 21:08.. Reason: Typo in my biblical reference
Old 10th February 2017, 07:37

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

Well said, Paul. Part of me does have sympathy for Micha Rochdale. It is a particularly stressful time for him, what with forthcoming A-levels and his driving test next week.

Micha, as you grow older you will come to realise that Harry Day (who spent some of his life in your country) is correct: Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

Now, get along before you are late for school.

Last edited by oxford1360; 10th February 2017 at 07:57..
Old 10th February 2017, 08:50

Sorry Paul, can you just run all that by me again, I don't think I've got it yet...

To play Devil's Advocate, it must be difficult for Micha to understand the British way of doing things due to some cultural differences. From experience of being based in Germany with the occupying forces of the allied powers, I am aware that the nearest equivalent to DVLA/VOSA in Germany, the Technischer Überwachungsverein, and in complete contrast to the relaxed, happy-go-lucky nature of most German institutions, are very strict about road vehicle modifications, with even apparently inconsequential minor alterations, like fitting aftermarket alloys, requiring a comprehensive engineering inspection and report costing many Euros.

Over here though, we have a longstanding tradition of allowing eccentric enthusiasts to build things in their sheds before presenting their crackpot creations to a chap from the Ministry, who will typically be found wearing NHS pebble spectacles, a Harris tweed jacket with leather patches at the elbows, a collar and tie even when it's blazing hot, smoking a pipe full of tobacco that smells like burning tyres and sporting a Brylcream comb-over.

Said Ministry official would then walk round the eccentric's creation for a couple of minutes with an air of bemused interest before declaring that it's a fine example of British ingenuity and signing off the minimal paperwork required for it to take to the road/water/sky/far reaches of the known Universe.

Random examples of such things built by eccentrics in sheds are -

Some very pretty aeroplanes

Something to bounce on the beach (Dam, that looks like fun!)

And even a glider built in the loft of a lovely old castle by a bunch of bored public schoolboys with time on their hands

That was my experience of sorting out the paperwork for my own rebody, a very nice chap spent a few minutes looking round my car, complimented me on the way it looked and signed off the paperwork without question and all for free.

What a marvelous Country we live in!

Oh, and Micha, if you really want to get your teeth into a DVLA scandal, go find a forum where people are building classic Jag race-car replicas on spaceframe chassis but claiming historic status with DVLA because the engine came out of a MkX saloon from the fifties. Now that really is taking the pi$$.