Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21st May 2017, 05:48

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Mick - Thanks.

Your post about some of the issues with your Moss Monaco adding to the "retro charm" also helped.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Saturday Shambles:
A brief burst of sunshine, after I'd already packed up, was enough to tempt me back outside again and so the covers were peeled back.

I decided to use the new tin of filler this time.

But it was a complete disaster and its looks like I've been supplied two duff tins in a row.

In fact, it was so bad that I actually decided to scrape it all back off again.

By which point I was having a complete sense of humour failure and just covered it all back up again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Internal vs. External Feedback:
Given the complete mess of filler I ended up with yesterday, this part of Mick's reply did make me smile this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick O'Malley View Post
… If anyone comments negatively, just tell 'em to bog off...
However, given some of the recent crossed wires over on the Tribute forum, I do want to make one thing clear…

I have been covering my build in great detail for years and all feedback (good or bad) is always welcome here.

As the help, support, advice and encouragement I have received so far has helped me to create something very special.

I know the 'bathroom' bonnet bolt option is a real 'marmite' one, so I certainly expected the range of feedback to match.

Without a doubt, the standard bonnet pins I have would looked miles better, but I've made yet another school boy error here.

As I should have sorted out the mounting brackets for those before I re-fitted the heater & dash to the bulkhead.

Unfortunately, time really is against me if I want to get this car painted in the next few weeks, so I need to compromise and move on.

So unless an alternative KISS jumps out at me in the next few days, the race day pit lane modification story will win the day.

Finally, and again, just to be clear…

I may use some of my extensive range of industrial language on any random stranger with negative comments in the 'real world'.

Anyway, today's weather forecast looks promising, so hopefully I will be back later on with more progress to report.

Cheers, Paul.