Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds Enthused or Confused about your vintage Marlin build? Ask away here or show off your build.

Old 14th May 2011, 18:06

morris is on a distinguished road
Default poly bushes

Hi all,

I've finally finished stripping and repainting all my E36 rear suspension components and have started on the hunt for replacement bushes. this offer on ebay from a company called strong-flex in poland looks very good. £125 for a complete rear kit excluding the diff cradle mounts which are about another £35 a set

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E36-REAR-S...item414a1f86d0

Does anyone have any experience of these or know of a better option? Powerflex are a lot more expensive and don't cover all the bushes needed. There's another company called flo-flex based in north wales that offer a similar price but again, don't cover all the bushes needed. BMW prices for original rubber parts are way too expensive but there are some good deals out there on after market rubber components
Available from eBay
Old 14th May 2011, 19:00

GlenSL is on a distinguished road

Sorry Morris, I just replaced the bushes I needed to with aftermarket from local supplier.

Glen
Old 15th May 2011, 11:29
Enthusiast

GreatOldOne is on a distinguished road

I have flo-flex bushes in the front suspension, as I had to replace the original rubbers when I sent my wishbones for replacement during the recall.

They seem to be fine - no problems here.

http://www.floflex.co.uk/product_inf...roducts_id=532

They also do a range of generic 'top hat' bushes that may be suitable for the other ones you need...
Old 16th May 2011, 18:27

morris is on a distinguished road

I may go for that flo flex set then as you've had a positive experience and they're still competitively priced. At the moment the top and bottom wishbones still have the original bushes on the diff end so I'll leave them for the mo. It's just the outer top ball joint and outer bottom bush I need then so I can either go for aftermarket rubber or try out these ones from Poland.

I don't think I have a choice on the ball joint

cheers