Are you madabout kit cars      
 "We've Got Kit Cars Covered" Information about Madabout-Kitcars.com Contact Madabout-Kitcars.com         Home of UK kit cars - madabout-kitcars.com Various kit car write ups All the latest kit car news Kit car related and general discussion

Search
Manufacturers
Kit Cars
Kit Car Data sheets
Picture Gallery
SVA Knowledgebase
Clubs & Communities
Build cost estimator
Kit cars for sale
Knowledge Base 
KitcarUSA.com
Classic-Kitcars.com

Go Back   Madabout Kitcars Forum > Mad Build Area > Sammio Builds and discussions

Sammio Builds and discussions Sammio bodied car builds and specials

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th June 2017, 03:48

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Couldn’t Sleep
I’ve picked up a number of insect bites over the last few days that are now so itchy they woke me up at Stupid O’Clock this morning.

So I thought I might as well log on here to post the reply to Jag that I had typed up last night (see below).

But as soon as my computer was switched on, the news that there has been another terrorist attack in London appeared.

This photo really hit home, as I’ve often met my mate in this pub for a beer after work over the last few years.
( We alternate between London Bridge which is on his way home & Euston which in on mine. )

It certainly puts me worrying about the standard of my paint job into perspective.

Take care, Paul.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jag – The rubber seal around the boot opening needs to be squashed a bit for the boot lid locks to work.

So I was hoping that I could set the bonnet seal up in a similar way, needing to be pressed down before the locks engaged.
( I actually have a variety of seal thicknesses to play with. )

Unfortunately, I did not achieve an even thickness in either the bonnet edge or the depth of the bonnet lip.

I think just having a few short lengths of rubber disguised the various ‘unders and overs’, so a bit of grinding may be required.

Don’t get me wrong, given that I constructed most of this area from scratch, I am really happy that I managed to get it vaguely close.

The boot lid colour is really helping me to keep the faith with BRG.

As every time I put more light grey primer on, I’m reminded of Mr T’s advice of how silver would help disguise the undulations.

So I’m looking forward to cutting and polishing a small section of the boot lid to see what it will look like.

Finally, I did see that you (& others) had used a flow coat on the inside of your bonnets.

However, I haven’t actually used any of that on my build to date, so it is easier for me to stick with a light skim of filler and some Tetroseal.

Initially. I was planning to leave the inside of the boot lid untouched at this stage and come back to it after the ‘sunny side’ was done.

But even just getting the etch primer on has really transformed the ‘scars’ left from all my cutting & shutting, so it is worth the extra effort.

I also have some heat reflective foam left over which I may add to a section of the bonnet to break up the black a bit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -